Sign in to follow this  
PhillyT

Thoughts on the SKS and B29

I'm currently in love with my SKS... Great accuracy (much more than the M4) wich makes it perfect for mid range. Good at CQC because of its high ROF and high damage per bullet (most of my kills were CQC).

Haven't died since I got it on both the experimental and normal builds. Got like 8 kills with it atm.

Haven't tried the b95 but the double barreled definetly isnt as bad as in the mod, mainly because it comes with pellets instead of slugs and you can actually ADS with it now :)

The shortened version has way too much spread imo and aiming for the chest at close range will often times break the target's legs instead of killing him.

The revolver, as almost every weapon in DayZ lacks accuracy wich sucks.

The SKS spawn is currently a lil high imo

There are a wide variety of scope mounts to attach a standard scope to a mosin, the main issue is typically the straight bolt handle and loading from stripper clips. As the mosin in game has a bent bolt handle and we have no stripper clips for it these are not issues.

To sum it up yes, the mosin that we have in game SHOULD be able to use the LRS.

LRS would not work without some gunsmithing and machining.

Does that honestly look like something a survivor could do out in the field ?

SKS - i am disapointed, so bad aiming, PU SCOPE RLY !??!?!!? m4 is precise on same range as SKS (bipod + ACOG) + burst fire, single bullet or spray to dominate close combat... and its usless on high range there is Mosin... so SKS 0

B29 - nice aim, calm, accurate eaven without bipod and nice hunter scope... 2 bullets i am pretty sure its 50/50 (B29/Mosin) if you like bullet by bullet you will take B29 nice slow accurate one hit one kill / and if you are kinda oldschool you will take mousin (it has 800m range but still i think its sometimes imposible because terain doesent always make you to lay down and see around good spots (because of grass etc or just simply bad vision))

And for close combat you always gut magnum or FNX

yea you couldn't do that but there are other ways to attach scopes to the mosin. There are mounts that attach to the back sight and allow you to attach a variety of scopes. Those types require no drilling or altering the gun.

the Blaze 95 is very nice (irl its the Blaser B95/B97) which kinda does kinda doesnt fit with the settings, it as a ridiculously expensive hunting rifle, it costs around $5000

but its accurate and a good anti-zombie/spare weapon but the 2 shots just arent enough imo so i stick to the M4/SKS

Edited by jasher

the Blaze 95 is very nice (irl its the Blaser B95/B97) which kinda does kinda doesnt fit with the settings, it as a ridiculously expensive hunting rifle, it costs around $5000

but its accurate and a good anti-zombie/spare weapon but the 2 shots just arent enough imo so i stick to the M4/SKS

WOA what ?

5k dollars ?

Jesus why even include it into the game then ? who in their right mind would purchase one of those rifles.

SKS - i am disapointed, so bad aiming, PU SCOPE RLY !??!?!!? m4 is precise on same range as SKS (bipod + ACOG) + burst fire, single bullet or spray to dominate close combat... and its usless on high range there is Mosin... so SKS 0

B29 - nice aim, calm, accurate eaven without bipod and nice hunter scope... 2 bullets i am pretty sure its 50/50 (B29/Mosin) if you like bullet by bullet you will take B29 nice slow accurate one hit one kill / and if you are kinda oldschool you will take mousin (it has 800m range but still i think its sometimes imposible because terain doesent always make you to lay down and see around good spots (because of grass etc or just simply bad vision))

And for close combat you always gut magnum or FNX

Dude, what's the deal with the orange letters, your trademark or something? Really annoying IMO.

WOA what ?

5k dollars ?

Jesus why even include it into the game then ? who in their right mind would purchase one of those rifles.

Rich people. So there may be like 5 of those rifles in all Chernarus.

Also I am pretty sure that it supposed to have a shotgun and a rifle barrels, not two rifle barrels. You can even see it in game model, top barrel is much thicker. Disregard that, there is a version with two rifle barrels.

BTW, can it fire two barrels at once?

Edited by ilikeguns

Dude, what's the deal with the orange letters, your trademark or something? Really annoying IMO.

dude let him have his orange letters

BTW, can it fire two barrels at once?

Yup, press T /double-press T very quick. when i press T 1x, nothing happens. I have to double-tap T.

• Like 1

800px-Boeing_B-29_Superfortress_Bockscar

LOL!

I figured this was just a case of people being retarded and talking about something in the game that doesn't exist.  At least a few people got it right with the Blaze 95 Double Barrel Rifle(B95).

Okay, where is everyone finding the B29?   So far this morning, I found 6-7 SKS, 3 shotguns, 1 M4, and a bunch of pistols, but no sign of the B29.

Also found a cowboy hat for the first time, and a machete.  Anyone know if the machete is 1 hit kill?  I picked it up, and I couldn't swing it for some reason.

you have option for collor, why i shoudnt use and tipe on one ?

You have to be REALLY careful with the Blaser in town over the SKS mainly because the Blaser takes allot of time to reload without the speed loaders and if you get more than 2 zombies after you it can be a BIG mess and believe me its happened as i tested it. I ended up having to run while reloading and backtracking while picking zombies off unlike the SKS. So SKS is a better hoard killing gun but the Blaser is nice in its own right.

Okay, where is everyone finding the B29?   So far this morning, I found 6-7 SKS, 3 shotguns, 1 M4, and a bunch of pistols, but no sign of the B29.

Also found a cowboy hat for the first time, and a machete.  Anyone know if the machete is 1 hit kill?  I picked it up, and I couldn't swing it for some reason.

Machete is bad.

Takes more then 6-7 hits to kill a Zed...

Try out the Office- and TEC-buildiings, also the Big hospitals.

Sometimes, they also spawn in the piano-houses.

Machete is bad.

Takes more then 6-7 hits to kill a Zed...

Try out the Office- and TEC-buildiings, also the Big hospitals.

Sometimes, they also spawn in the piano-houses.

DUDE I AM SOOOOOOO FREAKING PISSED ABOUT IT!

Found a PRISTINE one and it does SHIT for damage. I DONT want some of the rarer melee to be worse than the 2 handed axe, 2 handed axe should NEVER be the best meta melee slot weapon. I have not even tried the combat knife out yet but thats just as rare too.

have not even tried the combat knife out yet but thats just as rare too.

The combat knife takes 2-3 hits to kill a zombie. 

The combat knife takes 2-3 hits to kill a zombie. 

See but  machete SHOULD take 1 or 2 hits to the skull to kill an enemy it dosnt make any freaking sense. Especially one in Pristine shape. >.> arghhhhh

Edited by Deathlove

You have to be REALLY careful with the Blaser in town over the SKS mainly because the Blaser takes allot of time to reload without the speed loaders and if you get more than 2 zombies after you it can be a BIG mess and believe me its happened as i tested it. I ended up having to run while reloading and backtracking while picking zombies off unlike the SKS. So SKS is a better hoard killing gun but the Blaser is nice in its own right.

Wasting ammo on zombies? Savagery.

Wasting ammo on zombies? Savagery.

PSHHHH wouldn't be a zombie game if you cant have fun with the damn guns! XD

It could be bad like Dead Island bad where all the guns are terrible and melee is your main form of attack. I did not like that to be honest.

Edited by Deathlove

What are people finding with the new guns?  My take:

SKS:  Seems like a nice alternative to the Mosin... until you start using it.  Noticeably less accurate, LOUD, and recoil that is too high to really get successful followup shots.  Still a good gun with the higher fire rate, but it really makes you appreciate the Mosin.  Good for close range and mid range (50m - 200m) engagements but swap to a close range weapon if closer or move to a better position if further away.

B29 - Not sure if it is the newness or novelty, but this is a fun gun.  Fantastic accuracy (though no optic option) and damage similar to the Mosin with fast fire, it is a cool mid to long range gun with a nice change of pace,  Mosin is still the sniper king, but this is a great weapon for iron sight kills at 100 - 300 yards.  Plus you get the Rule of Cool while carrying it.

You can't put the hunting scope on the game's only hunting rifle? Sad times.

Hopefully this will be corrected in the near future.

• Like 1

See but  machete SHOULD take 1 or 2 hits to the skill to kill an enemy it dosnt make any freaking sense. Especially one in Pristine shape. >.> arghhhhh

Yup.

And if the Machete should be so "bad", we should @ least be able to sharp it with a stone or so.

I mean, "good" machetes are supposed to cut through "things" like warm butter(i think ;) )

What if I told you there are mounts that attach in the same way as the PU scope mount?

Edited by Franchi

I've had a bit of a faff with the Blazer and SKS and must say i do like both of them! both seem to be quite handy at various ranges, and whilst not as long-range as the mosin are much better up close with the whole semi-auto thing rather than bolt-action