Sign in to follow this  
Mellisco

Rain makes the game unplayable.

Exactly what the title says. And it's not just me, all of my friends are having this problem too. Horrid frame rates, textures not loading properly and such. I have a Radeon HD 7770 and am running the game on the lowest possible settings and my friend has a GTX 780 and is running the game on lowest settings and we're both having the same problems. Is it just because of the new patch or is there something we can do to fix this?

Edited by Mellisco

Strange.

I'm using an HD 6870.

Middle to high settings, the rain looks beautiful and I love playing in the rain. It makes such a great atmosphere. Little to no effects on framerate and overall gameplay...?

• Like 1

Ye my pc hung earlier when it was raining, thundering and lightning. saw some reports earlier of memory leak, maybe thats the cause ?

they should turn the rain off until they make roofs that block said rain.

also..the rain isent the same for everyone. for my friend its sunshine but cloudy..for me it pouring down.

aha yes. I was inside a building earlier.. I got wet  :rolleyes:

also..the rain isent the same for everyone. for my friend its sunshine but cloudy..for me it pouring down.

Not sure how the rain works, but it doesn't sound like it's server side. This happened with us too. Me: rain. Friend = sun. Me: sun, Friend = rain.

Edited by jumling

The geometry actually blocks the rain. Check your shadow settings and make sure they are at least on normal or higher.

It's not the rain.

There is a memory leak due to odd textures on weapons and magazines. Also, if you're carrying pre-patch gear drop it and run away from it. If performance improves it's your old gear.

To ID the stuff that causes the issue, look for odd or flickering textures.

What I have read to be common is M4 parts attachments and magazines are one of the big culprits. 

I have no issues at all.

If they remove the rain on account of your lack of PC upgrades I will stab you through the internet.

• Like 2

I am using a GTX 260 cause my main card died with clouds on max and I get no issues.

Stop using the weather as an excuse for you trying to run the game at higher settings than your PC can handle.

GTX 780 and i7-4770K, running on maximum settings without issue.  Also, haven't seen rain inside yet.  Maybe higher settings it doesn't rain inside?

I am using a GTX 260 cause my main card died with clouds on max and I get no issues.

Stop using the weather as an excuse for you trying to run the game at higher settings than your PC can handle.

It has nothing to do with that. The current stable version contains some bugs that creates on and off fps drops and memory leaks. There has been a ton of threads on this today.

The geometry actually blocks the rain. Check your shadow settings and make sure they are at least on normal or higher.

It is not that. Here is a screenie of indoor rain. I just spawned in, and when I exited the building and entered it again it didn't rain inside anymore:

2014-02-08_00003.jpg

Sorry, but this is bullshit. Had a great session earlier in a thunderstorm in Cherno. Atmospheric and smooth as butter. Bravo devs.

rain doesn´t affect my framerate at all.

(btw. devs how can it rain when i dissabled all clouds for preformance improve  :P  )

Its the big cities that often ruin it.

But the strange thing is somethimes i can run around in a big town and my framrate is exellent.

But maybe 10 minutes later it drops to even 10-15 frames in the same town for a while...

Were you carrying or standing next to someone with an M4? The current consensus is that there is a memory leak with one of the attachments or the weapon itself. Rain has little to no impact.

Drop your M4's lads, pick up a real man's rifle! :P

Edited by Hells High

Yeah I haven't had a problem with rain. Didn't go through buildings either, really looks nice.