Yeah joined a server for my first time playing the game today and played for 20mins and then lagged out and now i can't join any server what a bad time to start playing lol

Has anyone else just recently been getting stuck at wait for host?

Everything has been running fine and then today I have been unable to log into multiple server and have just sat at wait for host for some time. Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or not.

I believe they are doing some backup stuff with the hive or something today. Rocket mentioned it in the 1.7.2 - thread.

Maybe that's causing the trouble.

I'm getting stuck not on "Wait for host" but at the loading bit just before you get dropped ingame. It says "Loading" with a filled up bar, and then just sits there. Hoping my character didn't get cast into the debug wilderness but even if he did, it's not the worst thing in the world I suppose.

2 hours of trying to connect, than i finally can join and just die by the wrath of god...

i have been getting that alot, when i do get in though the trees and grass have these coloured boxes around them

Currently having this problem as well, and when I was able to join, I was in the wilderness.....