Sign in to follow this  
leguizamo2040@gmail.com

Are Heli crashes coming back?

I think it would be cool if there was only one per server restart, and it was only a certain chance that there would actually be one. It would have to contain a lot of loot for the trouble though.

I think it would be cool if there was only one per server restart, and it was only a certain chance that there would actually be one. It would have to contain a lot of loot for the trouble though.

That would suck, map is way too big for that and whoever finds it is gonna have an unfair advantaje...it should be just like in the mod. I don't mind if they spawn crashed or we can see it coming down...

That would suck, map is way too big for that and whoever finds it is gonna have an unfair advantaje...it should be just like in the mod. I don't mind if they spawn crashed or we can see it coming down...

How can it be unfair if its basically pure luck to find the crashsite?

I think it's a bad idea if everyone knows where the crashed Helis are, then everyone will run directly to the spawns and they will be camped by snipers and an ideal position for server hoppers.

I think there should be a lot of possible spawnpoints (like 50+) all over the map and once every 12 hours there should randomly spawn one at one of the sites with loot...

• Like 1

This game isn't a competitive shooter. People have advantages over the other all the time. Luck isn't a bad thing when it's not competitive.

• Like 1

No matter how much we want to see them fall out of the sky, they wont.  There's another post where I like what Steak said, 1-4 crashsites per restart in random locations so you aren't looking for a set number of helis (if you're looking).  In fact there should be a chance that none spawn at all.  I'm leaning more towards wrecked convoys/cargo trucks along the roads (same as a heli crash, but random spots on/near the roads).

• Like 1

If there were not heli crashes in the full game... I would be thoroughly unimpressed.

If there was one heli crash per restart i would be freaking pissed off.

The mod had lots of heli crashes. What kind of backwards idea would it be to remove them. In the mod what else was there to do once you had vehicle. Hmm loot barracks. and search for heli crashes. 

I tried origins and epoch. not for me. both junk imo

I'm a vanilla guy.

like there isn't enough guns and loot as it is now..

We need more guns and loot what are you retarded. are you happy with 5-6 guns? I am not. They could have 200+ different weapons ranging from different types of side arms ranging to full military grade rifles. but gawd no 139000 damage rifles. 

live a little think a bit outside the box unless you are fine with the current lack-luster weps.

No matter how much we want to see them fall out of the sky, they wont.

If you're referring to whether it's possible or not, it is. Saw some private hives run a script that spawned them in the air, flying like any other normal chopper, then randomly explode and hurtle towards the ground. Often times you could follow it's general direction for a long time and maybe come along it with loot spawned and everything. I'd imagine if that were possible in the mod, it'd be for DayZ despite the changes made to the engine.

Not saying it's not technically possible.  Rocket doesn't want it.  He doesn't want NPCs crashing a Heli or flying a cargo plane over head and dropping supplies.  Everyone who isn't immune (meaning isn't a player) Is either dead or infected.  And not 'suddenly' infected either.  The things themselves might be in, but there won't be events where the plane flys overhead and drops cargo or the helicopter crashes while you're looking, the plane would have already dropped its cargo weeks/months ago, or crashed into the side of a mountain, the heli would have already crashed weeks ago.

• Like 1

I'm leaning more towards wrecked convoys/cargo trucks along the roads (same as a heli crash, but random spots on/near the roads).

I agree with this one.

I would like to see a large amount of "randomized" events and spawns of all sizes all over the map, ranging from just a dead body somewhere in the forest to crashed helis.

• Crashed Helicopters (military loot)
  • Maybe also (little) planes? (food, clothes)
  • Dead survivor/body (one or two food items?)
  • different kinds of wrecked cars and trucks/convois (all kinds of items)
  • wrecked little ships at the beach
  • infected survivor camps (as they exist in the Mod)

All of the above spawning randomly... the less "static" the map becomes, the better...

• Like 1

or crashed into the side of a mountain hotel in Cherno, the heli would have already crashed weeks ago.

Fixed!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'd rather see flotsam from shipwrecks washing up on the beaches.  To my mind more in keeping with an apocalypse than up to a dozen well-supplied expensive helicopters falling from the sky every day. 

Edited by Six_Ten
  • Like 1

There should be more wrecks on the roads. also the airfields should be littered with wrecks I mean this is the cleanest looking apocalypse ever.

falling helicopters from the sky

I've always wondered if it was possible to spawn the helicopters outside the map, in the ocean, with a complement of AI-controlled soldiers, and have the chopper programmed to land at a certain location and drop off the squad. As if they were a military research mission. They would be instructed to shoot dead anybody who approached. You would have to kill them in order to steal their loot, which would be almost impossible for single player. The helicopter itself is set to break as soon as it touches down (let's imagine that the soldiers have been instructed to find spare parts, or they're setting up a perimeter until rescue arrives).

It's probably beyond the engine to implement but it would be a neat idea.