Sign in to follow this  
Grimey Rick

KOS HQ

252 members have voted

1. 1. Do you kill on sight?

• Always. If I see it, I shoot it!
    • Sometimes. It depends on whether or not I feel threatened.
    • Never. I prefer to keep my distance and gauge intent.

Same. If it was only pvp kos like some say, I would never had 80% non-hostile encounters for 20% killed on sight...

Yep, I mean don't get me wrong I actually like KOS. It keeps you on your toes. However the whiners who complain it's all PvP are probably the ones who run around Balota with full gear. Once at Balota I was running with a Mosin without ammo and ran in to another player. I took a leap of faith to lower my weapon (obviously it was useless without ammo) and to my amazement the other player holstered their M4 and carried on!

Yep, I mean don't get me wrong I actually like KOS. It keeps you on your toes. However the whiners who complain it's all PvP are probably the ones who run around Balota with full gear. Once at Balota I was running with a Mosin without ammo and ran in to another player. I took a leap of faith to lower my weapon (obviously it was useless without ammo) and to my amazement the other player holstered their M4 and carried on!

who knows, maybe his M4 was empty as well

you should have had a shouting match at each other with empty weapons.

that would be one hilarious mexican standoff

Threat level is not a constant.

It rises and drops depending on the place, action being taken.

For example, 3 simple encounters where only 1 resulted on a summary execution, all happened in Elektro on Exp. branch, HC mode.

Had just finished checking the school for supplies when I hear zombies everywhere and then a voice, quite nervous, telling it was coming in and no to shoot. Well, I did not shoot. Actually the survivor was in a tight spot, he had herded a lot of zombies and I proceeded to knock them off.

He say many thank and as I was feeling no threat at all I actually gave him a spare axe. ( I usually don't leave weapons behind for anyone. I either throw them into some dark wood. Axes I tend to carry them with me ). He went his way I went mine towards the coast when...

... again a new spawn was running away from a zombie mob. For a flash split second I thought about breaking his leg and leave him there, but I was mentally sick that day and helped him out. Fantastic scene was that a zombie whore had climbed to the storey above, and as we were on the street she gets literally slinged out of the upper storey wall into the street...bam, Z dead.

I wished him a safe journey. Probably I'd kill him in the future, but for now he was no threat at all. Gave him some food and let him go on his business.

But then... the opposite happens. I usually "patrol" the city. I don't help nor do I kill. I just do whatever I feel it is correct for me to survive. This female comes out of a corner right in front of me, she only notices me as I run to her, right in the middle plaza.

Eventually I ask her to come with me - my mission that day was to grab some locals for interrogation. She flips the bird and before she can return the arm to idle she receives a double trigger buckshot in the chest and face.

This are the anomaly stories. Two I did really help them, I had nothing to gain, threat level was really low. The last one was simply a KoS out of respect.

I've had 4 kills on DayZ so far, I try not to be KoS, but the urge just got to me the first time.

First kill(s): I was being an asshole and camping the top floor of the jail building, I had full mil gear(insert: douchebag :( ). I was watching, and because I was so deep into that camping thing, I never noticed THREE dudes looting the bottom floor. I saw them run into the first hangar, my first shots hit the collision plane with the window, so I stood up, and got my first kill. Now there are two left. I circle about after some tense moments, not scavenging from the body.(I knew they were either in or around hangar). I found their buddy up at the ATC. I got him by surprise, it was really laggy. As in I shot him behind the atc, then proceeded to shoot at his animation running across the airfield(even though he was dead behind it), I didn't even know I killed him because of the lag animation. I go back to hangar and get into a mexican standoff. I should've taken my original position in the window, but I didn't. He out flanked me by going in or around the jail(I didn't see him very long). After about probably 15+ minutes of peeking around the corner and getting shot at(this guy was dedicated), and numerous attempts by telling him via DC that I would let him live, with no response(I meant it, too.). I came around the left side of the first hangar at balota, I was aiming inside the hangar cuz thats where he was the last like 5 times, my friend (irl watching me play) said : "to the left", I thought he meant inside the hangar, he meant the dude was in front of the jail, so I ran back behind the hangar and got shot.

2/3 not bad

My next kill was accidental. I was looting balota and didn't think anyone was around in the jail because of closed doors, I think i surprised this guy. I had a magnum and bare minimum. The doors opened when I was just about to them. The guy must've been in 1st person or he would've seen me through the exploit inadvertently(he may have been doing this and friendly :/, just stupid). I had my gun drawn already, his was on his back. We just kinda looked at each other without moving for a split second, I panicked, he panicked, he went for cover, I took a shot. As fast as a flash. I felt like he was going to kill me. I still have his SKS and TTSKO Jacket.

Fourth kill was trying to go suicidal on my current character, who quite frankly has been alive TOOOOOO long. I was going to die so I could meet up with another kid to play with but he was on the coast. I joined a 40/40 server and stood on top of the firehouse tower like sniper bait for a while, got bored. Went prone for a more rambo yolo KoS style. Gave the guy the edge(dummy circled the ATC platform up top. When he came around facing me I stood up; gave the guy a second to react, Shot him, shot him again, and missed, and shot him again. He finally died. I got bored and ran back down south. Now I'm back up north. Same character.

KoS policy applies to everyone holding any type of weapon be that firearm or melee, unarmed players will be shot when they get too close. I will not take any chances. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

I am not a pvp guy, so I only kill people when:

They are in mil bases

When I see a guy with a full gear

When I feel like being flanked

When I meet someone in the middle of nowhere(that guy must have been stalking me)

When in Electro

When I see someone running in the middle of road(dumbs must die)

When someone running in and out the houses like there is no one else on the server

When I see a guy with the fists up

When I see someone staying on the roof for more than 10 seconds

When I feel like having some range shooting training

When I have to much ammo

When my team mate doesnt answer when I call our positions(yes I do kill my mates)

I dont kos when:

When I am not playing the game

• Like 1