cyberzone10

Do you get scared?

Mine is when playing night with no one but zombiez shit at devil castle.Can't see everything since I got no flare nor flashlight so I was about to die :D

I shit my pants D:

Being all alone up north wander through plains and forests. Feel like I'll get dropped out of no where.

Or just weird shit, like when I was in 3rd person, and saw my rifle on my back move, thinking a zombie got next to me. Scared me for whatever reason

Sup!

So i was just wondering if other people actually get "scared". When i was new to the game, i was frightned of zombies, i tried to avoid them at all costs. And players? I tried to group up with them.

However

The more time that passed, the more betrayals i experienced, and the more experience i got overall i learned how to kill zombies, easy. I'm never concerned about zombies, the only annoying part might be where they manage to break your bones or knock you out when there's a bunch of them coming, but seriously, i hardly dont bother sneaking in towns no more, i just run trough them, enter a house and finishes them off, easily.

The only "scary" moments i get in the game atm is from other players. For example, me and my m8 logged in, we were on a high building, i was at the top he at the bottom.

I was waiting for him, he ran up and we didnt expect anyone to be there. Then i hear someone shooting and he yells in skype that there's 2 guys there, camping and just killed him. I fking freak out, i had good shit and didnt want to loose it. I didnt know what to do so i threw a grenade downstairs. I hear the bang and shortly after someone going "Urghht". Then i got 2 murders on my debug monitor :D

I got down to check their stuff, i've never gotten this good loot from anyone or anything. They had 24 slot backpacks, both of them. one had a DMR with 3 mags and a G17 with 5 mags. The other one had AKM with 5 mags and a PDW with 4 mags.

I was seriously shocked to see this kind of loot, i picked up what i could, the dmr and the g17. Then i camped there, waiting for my friend to get back to take the other guys shit.

While camping the guys that i killed wrote in the side chat about how they were killed, and some other dude, their friend was getting closer he said. I heard shots down the building at the bottom, i figured it was for zombies. I just covered the stairs until he'd come. A minute after he shows up, barely showing his head, i freak and just spam my g17 towards him, i missed. I switch to the DMR, retreat further back and wait. 5 minutes later he takes the courage to walk up the stairs, i finish him easily with the DMR. I loot his shit, wasnt that impressive but still. I got him.

My friend is almost back, when he came back he got the good shit from the body, and we logged.

During this whole time, my hands were seriously shaking, my heart was beating incredibly fast, my legs were tapping the ground. Seriously... it was insane..

I've never gotten that kind of feeling from ANY other game that i've ever played, never been in such a "scary / intense" moment :D

Oh god, it was awesome!

Merged the 'do you get scared' and 'scary moments' threads together. :)

More on topic, hell yes I get scared all the time, but in a very different way than most, I believe.

I'm fine during the night, even in Chern or in the forest. But during the day, when you're overlooking a huge open field, and you can see Zeds everywhere along it... That's just fucking creepy. It really makes the whole 'zombie apocalypse' hit home.

I logged in to some woods, about 5 feet from a bush with a guy that i heard move about 5 feet on the other side of that bush. Needless to say we heard each other and i sweated like that for about 5-10 minutes staring at this bush, till i saw his arm move and i unloaded on him. Picked up his stuff and bolted for about 2000 yards lol.

And i was about to shoot a guy at the big castle, but right as i was about to click , BOOM sniper shot from where i had entered the area, guys dead and i sit in the corner listening for about 15 minutes till i had to log off.

Every day has a few scary moments. I even told my girlfriend some of the stories and she was entertained. Normal games dont make stories like that everyday.

: )

I remember I was stalkin inland around one of the border towns because I wanted to be as far away from people as possible.

So Im crouchin while movin, tryin to keep as low a profile as possible. I'm behind a wreck in the middle of the towns road, when all of a sudden two bandits pop out from the left end of an intersection. Heart skips a beat, and I immediately hit the deck. One of em was lookin in my direction as they passed and the one phrase ringing through my head was "DID HE SEE ME?? DID HE SEE ME?!"

Lucky enough I was on the edge of town, so while prone I start crawling away. All the while Im peeking over my shoulder hoping the bandits haven't picked up my trail. Eventually I make it to the treeline, and high tail it through the forest.

Don't think my heart has beat quite as fast since that encounter.

I wouldn't say scared, but the longer I live, and the more items I get, the tighter I hold on. I'm at the point where I trust nobody, and will group with nobody. I almost wish I would just die sometimes so I could stop caring so much... but I guess that's part of the fun.

Not scared per se, but my pulse was pounding when me and my brother were hunting a bandit. He got my brother but I managed to sneak up behind him when a zombie distracted him. Battlefield 3 does not compare.

*gunshot*

"SHIT DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR THAT?"

"GUNSHOTS!"

"GUYS I THINK I HEARD A GUNSHOT"

*everyone prones behind some rubble*

or any time you are in a big group just mowing zombies down, and after 40 minutes of looting you get relaxed suddenly its

*BANG*

*wizzzzzzzzzz*

and someone drops dead from a headshot *PANIC*

Players are the scariest thing. My first time ambushing someone at the NW airfield alone, my hands were shaking jacked up on adrenaline or something, i've never had a game make me freak out like that before

Was out hunting, nothing huge just to pass the time. Kill a cow, and proceed to set up a fire next to the corpse. Gunfire rings out, and I hear those obvious pecks on the ground around me. I zig-zag around because thats the easiest way to dodge a guy with a CZ. Ran away, then managed to cook my meal in peace.

Very thrilling experience.

I used to get scared, when say 1500 zombies was low.

Now 300 is max i've seen in 1.5.6

^ Failcopter

I reckon the scariest thing of all is the zombie's scream. It's as recognisable as the hiss of a Cacodemon, and the first thing you think when you hear it is "run."

Ever since I heard those radio transmissions .. DayZ and it's dark nights have not been the same..

Yesterday I was wandering around in the forrest when I got to the border of it. It heared some gunshots. I thought they came from the nearby town and so I run a little bit more inside the forrest to hide myself. Then all of a sudden I realized that the gunshots were not for zombies in the town they were designated to kill me. I heared that sound of bullets hitting my surroundings and I just ran and ran and ran, it didn't stopped and I didn't know where it was comming from.

But eventually I was quick enought, got no hits and escaped. But man my heart was beating :)

But somehow this feeling of not knowing where it came from was very... scarry.

After playing PR for so long, I don't really get all that scared. The only really bad times is when I'm cruising along doing my thing and clearing a town and then I run through to the supermarket or other feature building, and I find recently killed zombies. It immediately makes me paranoid. Finding all the loot gone and zombies not yet respawned increased that fear.

I was scared when I logged in last night and found myself in the middle of a gunfight!

Other than that, Night time scares me in this game, it's just too tense for me! :P

Got scared in Polina yesterday. Low runnng along the supermarket for the door and suddenly two Cz shots in rapid succession ricochet off the ground, only feet away, sprint into the store and after a quick search find it clear of zombies. Find cover and wait for a few minutes. Haven't closed all the doors at this point, any bandit on overwatch in the surrounding hills would quickly confirm my location.

After some time has passed, I begin hearing moans nearby and decide to close all doors, to delay any spawning zombies, even if it reveals my position to the bandits. If they are in Polina to raid the store, the only reason they haven't attempted anything yet is because they know I'm still in here trapped. Quench my thirst, baked beans, wait and listen. Nothing, not a sound the next five minutes.

Really don't want to lose my AKM, ammo for my .45, bloodpacks and the remington shotgun in the pack. Want to log off, Want to live, but I don't want to ruin my rep on my prefered server and there's also something inside, wanting to play this out to the finish. Decide to make a move, head for the main entrance, open the doors and exit to the left. Rounding the corner, spot a survivor come creeping around the back corner of the store. He quickly retreats back in cover and I'm forced back into the store. Close the door, head for cover. Hear his footsteps as he hears mine. We do the position dance for a while, I head for the back room, he heads for the frontside glass facade. I head back, he heads back. Second time he moves for the front, I decide to open the backdoor pop a smoke and add some zombies to the equation. Their loud swarming moans cover my swift retreat to the opposite end of the back room, after a few seconds, my opponents footsteps carry thoughthe wall. He's now inside, He's close to the wall, heading for the counter, the only store entrance to the back rooms, my final retreat. Hoping he'll head for the room with the open smoke covered door, but afraid to look out. He will look in my direction, when clearing the large center backroom. I wait, I check my AKM, on semi-automatic, pause and lean out. He is in still in the large back room, closing in on the smoke filled doorway. Moving very slowly, carefully slicing the pie to the back room, back turn towards me. Bring up my sights and initiate. The first shots ring out, some strike the metal racks between us, some clearly hits him, his slow flowing walk turns to into jerking and twitching, his retreat and movement is limited by store racks and he panics. Strike him three-four times more, before I lean back into cover and register his death in the chat.

The shots have alarmed all of Polina's deceased residents and as they lose interest in the smoke grenade, they flood the store, receiving my remaining AKM ammunition. When the last zombies have fallen, I search dead dude's gear, grab his M4A3 and find nothing else worth trading, burying the corse, denying any kind of recovery. Now the guy is broadcasting in side chat, how he, an innocent survivor got got in Polina, about his positive humanity. But he never made any friendly challenges, advanced on a supermarket under siege, dodge me on first contact and entered the store in full tactical mode. We exchange a few courtesies in side chat about his movites and his faith. Try to think straigh and fast. Have to move out before Zeds respawn or other players are drawn towards the action. Is it safe, was he alone?

Dude wielded only a M4, initial shot that missed my head was from a Cz. Either this guy's telling the truth or his friend or friends are still outside waiting with the Cz. Make my move, go for the hills, this is where my memory gets clouded. Only remember taking fire from two different types of rifles, one of them the Cz. I zig, I zag, putting obstacles between me and the shooters. They have a bead on me and I haven't got the first idea where they are positioned. Ricochets, steel wasps buzzes my head, smoke puffs in the trees, as I reach the treeline. Sounds like one of the shooters are getting closer, must be running towards his position, because he can't be moving and shoot so rapidly at the same time. Don't look up, just change my direction. By now colors are fading, my joins are hurting, bones are broken and my blood is draining. Can't stop to bandage, can't stop to shoot, must push on to break visual contact, before I see to my wounds. Shots still ring out, but the fire is getting inaccurate and the bangs are more distant now. At a large group of broad trees I change my direction, crossing a small clearing and crash through the bush. Still bleeding I lose consciousness, can only watch the hourglass and the decreasing blood count. I hear several handgun shots from the outskirts of Polina, I guess they are fighting off the zombies drawn to the noise.

I bandage, pop pills, geeze on morphine and eat all the cooked meat and cans in my pack and finish of with a pepsi. Would have prefered a coke. Blood count is safe at 4K, I'm concealed and noone seems to be hot on my trail. Wait 10-15 minutes and move out towards the setting sun for a friend too far away to help, but enroute with a pack full of blood.

Today was a good day, even got to use my AK...

I scared my mate once. We were on skype and it was night. Out of a sudden I made a zombie like roar in the skype, so, my mate was like "OMG".

Another time, zombie found me like 500 or so meters away from the village, while I was checking the map. Gladly, my buddy shot him. Still, it was a bit scarry! :)

Was at the NW airfield last night. Pitch black.

We were 3 people, and there was at least one elusive person hiding somewhere on the airfield or nearby(chemlights and flares that was not ours were found).

I came across a military flashlight and dropped my sidearm to get some sight without having to light up the entire area with flares.

This made me able to see all the things I had been sneaking past. And them to see me...

As I passed the control tower monkeys and crawlers started following me, and every time I lowered my flashlight to shoot at them things turned pitch black again.

My team mates were at the last hangar. I screamed out for help as I ran towards them - but they couldn't see anything either, so I turned and lit the followers up with my flash light.

A few shots were fired at my followers, and the entire airfield came crushing down upon us.

It was probably one of the most intense moments I've had in DayZ to date.

Me trying to listen for Zeds and light them up with my flashlight as soon as I had identified one, my teammates trying to take them down.

The Zeds quickly decided that my teammates was a bigger threat than me and started attacking them instead, but when I put my light on them I also blinded my teammates.

We made it through, but barely. Luckily the elusive players in the area didn't take advantage of the situation and stayed hidden.

So yeah, I get scared at times.

I get scared by mass hordes of zombies but I'm truly scared when facing off with bandits. These fuckers want everything I have and then some...

Playing with a friend and we were ninja'ing our way through some woods to which came to an end, we kept our cover & peered down our binoculars to scope the open fields in front of us. Moving my vision cautiously from left to right (at the same time) my friend and I spot two humans; bandits!

We watch them cheese it up the side road they were on, and decide to slowly move back into the woods trying, hoping, not to give our position away. Whilst my friend started backing off I was keeping watch. These bastards knew exactly where we were. They changed their course slightly and charged towards us.

My heart was racing even though I knew we had some distance between us. I turn my head to see my wingman had vanished into the woods. I'm starting to get the shakes. As I enter the woods these magicians have managed to get to my position almost immediately - couldn't believe how quickly they got there.

My wingman was yelling to run, so I punched it far into the woods to gain some space and try to regroup. I pass him on the other side of the trees which started to thin out. I jumped behind a boulder a little distance away from him, only to hear gunfire. Unfortunately, these bastards had killed him. They looted his still warm corpse and decided to cook off the meat they had stolen from his backpack. As we had just come from the NW airfield they had also taken his new prized possession; a silenced MP5.

I was fuming! I wanted blood, but I was terrified I'd lose all of my hard earned gear. I waited and as darkness fell they proceeded to eat away. A f'ing victory dinner of beef and pork. I slowly and carefully edged towards them. As soon as I had a clear line of sight I proceeded to fire. Now these bandits managed to warp a hundred plus yards but I managed to take one sucker down. The rest of this story becomes a pitch black waiting game before I went to check over the corpse. The other managed t'get into cover, remove all the loot from his butt-buddy and then log off incredibly quickly.

Since that day, I have sworn to eradicate any bandits I meet.

That was my first proper bandit encounter and made me feel something a game has never truly made me feel.

I love DayZ, I love it!

Hardcore server, no 3rd, no crosshairs, no nameplates. Pitch black, the moon hasn't risen yet, and me in spankin new beans and mak. Close to Cherno, decide to take the chance for some quick looting. End up in the firehouse, make it all the way to the top, come under fire from outside, something bigger than a Mak and quieter than a CZ. Hoof it back down the stairs into the main chamber. I closed all the doors when I came in, they are all still closed, only light is from the windows high above them. Think about trying to make a break out one of the doors on the opposite side from the gunfire and just as I'm about to do it I hear multiple footsteps running, one stopping at each side of the building! I'm SURROUNDED! I step backwards into the stair well and go prone under them. It doesn't get much darker than that spot... carefully watching the room for doors to open and silhouettes. Suddenly I see one moving across the inside of the room... I missed a door being opened from my tight little corner. Then two more! They dip in and out of the slightly brighter areas like ghosts. I have my left mouse button finger poised above it and know that when one of them lights a flare, chemstick, or whatever, I am dead... but I'll try to take at least one with me! One by one they go up the steel stairs, stepping only a foot or two directly above my head. The last one starts up but then turns around and comes back down. Suddenly I see his silhouette directly in front of me! He crouches and even leans a bit to one side, as if studying the inky blackness I'm hiding in, contemplating popping off a cap or two just because. I held my breath for this entire encounter, seemed like forever. He pauses for another few seconds and then goes up the stairs after his mates. I exhale loudly and immediately panic that I was heard over direct! This is one time I was very glad that DC was still wonky. I logged off and went for a smoke and a shot of whiskey, to help calm my nerves and steady my hands. If I had been on a regular server my name popping up on his/their screens would have been the end of me. If any one of them had had NVGs or had decided to light a flare or stick I would have been doomed. The luck of the DayZ demons is fickle but tonight it had been on my side!

What a game.