cyberzone10

Do you get scared?

Logged in for the first time, this morning at 2:00 a.m. It was dark, and I had never played ArmA 2 before. There was a moon, and it was enough illumination for me to walk around, and I figured out most of the keyboard commands for myself.

I used Global Chat, and said, "It's my first time in-game. Hi everybody!"

I received back, "Yeah. Good luck with that."

Hmm. Omnious. So, I responded. "Oh yeah. I figure I'll be dead soon. No biggie."

About a minute later, sitting there in the quiet, I received, "If I find you, you will be!!"

Funny. I had a few more exchanges, basically, me asking for keybinds and stuff, and found players were genuinely helpful. Then, once I was comfortable, I thought for a moment about my predicament.

It was my first time. It was night. I was sitting on my laptop, beside my sleeping Wife. I could not turn on the sound, concerned for waking her, and she is definitely NOT a fan of the genre. (Nothing 'scary' in the least, actually.) I also wasn't familiar enough with everything, and thought about it.

It was a scary moment. New, essentially deaf to my environment, with a little bit of moonlight, and seeing NO ZOMBIES or people in the first 30 minutes was very unnerving. I figured I would replay in the daytime, with sound, and try and figure this all out.

So I NOPE'D out of there, and went to bed.

TKJ

I used Global Chat' date=' and said, "It's my first time in-game. Hi everybody!"

I received back, "Yeah. Good luck with that."

Hmm. Omnious. So, I responded. "Oh yeah. I figure I'll be dead soon. No biggie."

About a minute later, sitting there in the quiet, I received, "If I find you, you will be!!"

[/quote']

I LOL'd

Oh also, that first step onto dirt or gravel off of grass scares the shit out of me every time i almost faint. I wish that first stomp wasn't so loud. I always think its a gunshot.

Those frakking crawling zombies in the dark man.

Freak me right out.

I know man,

I was scavenging this town with a buddy, zeds everywhere so we were just crawling our way around. 5 minutes after entering the area we're about at the end of town, and I notice the "guy" crawling next to me wasn't my buddy...

That realization sent chills through my entire body.