Sign in to follow this  
CS14

Hunting Down Coastal Bandits

Throughout the course of my buddies and I playing one of my buddies happened to notice a group of people along the coast not too far from Berezino sitting in the woods along the coast, killing innocent new spawns. After we met up with our buddy and got all of his gear back, we decided to see if the group were still along the coast killing fresh spawns. As we got closer to where my buddy got killed, we heard more and more shots, this time from more weapons. The closer we got, the more we heard shots. As we arrived, we saw one of them shooting a new spawn.

Us moving in on them:

1dvEh61.png

xFMd1DA.png

6jlLyMt.png

We spotted one:

ClIaSMn.png

wv0Hqhu.png

8Cxt49p.png

And another... (not the guy standing, the one beneath his feet)

NG2GETW.png

I'd say trying to play a bit more friendlier for a change was rewarding:

5tq1fKK.png

Edited by CS14
  • Like 3

I would've given you beans if you did this on a First-person-only server. Using 3rd person to look over edges in order to avoid potential line of fire in your advance makes it only half as cool. Still cool though. No offense.

I would've given you beans if you did this on a First-person-only server. Using 3rd person to look over edges in order to avoid potential line of fire in your advance makes it only half as cool. Still cool though. No offense.

I gave beans for the effort, it is easier to sneak up on people with 3pp, but you have to remember that the people getting sneaked upon also have that advantage, not using it is suicide.

But.. hardcore is the only way I can play, too.

I gave beans for the effort, it is easier to sneak up on people with 3pp, but you have to remember that the people getting sneaked upon also have that advantage, not using it is suicide.

But.. hardcore is the only way I can play, too.

I have no issues playing in 1st person what-so-ever, I just have to be in the mood to play it.

Not trying to sound cocky, but regardless of if I was in 1st or 3rd person we would have been able to sneak up on those bandits the same exact way as they were too focused on shooting new players along the coast. Aside from their focus being else where, the fact that we were at the top of the hill and they were at the bottom gave us a huge advantage considering it's harder to shoot up hill than it is down.

First person game play is not bad at all once you widen up your FoV a bit so that it's more realistic. Either way it was still a pretty good situation. 

Also I should point out that when I was behind that three I was not getting shot at. We caught the player off guard as he was shooting someone. Once we started shooting he ran off and we killed him while running before he even realized where we were.

Edited by CS14

The only reason i play hardcore is because servers are next to empty most of the time and i somehow have the best gear, plus my character is twelve days old