Sign in to follow this  
housedyourpiece

I'm new here

Hey, I saw a trailer for this game yesterday and started watching some gameplay videos and it seems really fun. I like the element of having to survive and not really being able to trust anyone. I have never played a PC game, I usually am strictly a console player. I put my specs on the Can I run DayZ? topic and am waiting for a reply. If I am able to, what game do I buy? The supporter edition or the early access edition? I am confused about the difference of the two. 

Also any bit of knowledge you can send my way would be helpful. Thanks

The supported edition and the early access edition are the same game, but I believe the supporter edition is simply that, to help support the developers in cost. You get no added perks or anything towards your in game character.

Edited by Advent1

The game is not optimized right now. People with really good computers are sometimes having trouble, sometimes not. It all depends. Post your specs.  However AMD processors really seem to suffer more than intels.

The truth of the matter is this is not currently a game, its an alpha. If you dont know what that means I would suggest you wait about 6 months and come back.

• Like 1

post your specs and we can tell you, even i have bad specs and run the game pretty smooth at normal.

Here,watch this

I made this trailer when I still didnt even own the game,now I own it and I gotta say,its amazing,I have a somewhat high middle end computer and I still get garbage FPS,I hope this is going to get fixed,its the only thing keeping this game from success!(my opinion)

youtube, youtube, and some more youtube. Just make sure you search for "dayz standalone"

• Like 1

Yeah post your specs, I am able to run everything on medium to high at around 24+ fps in towns and countryside on a HD4670, intel G620 and 4gb of ddr3 ram. Although cities 'cough' Cherno only 'cough' drop it down to like 6-2 fps because of those god damn skyscrapers everywhere.

Remember what Rocket (creator) himself said about Dayz's early access: Don't buy it if you want to play and enjoy a game. Buy it, if you want to support developers and help them find and fix bugs.

Thanks for the all the responses, sorry I didn't see them earlier. I posted my specs on the topic that says Can I run DayZ? and I was told i would not enjoy it with the computer I have lol. Maybe some of you can give me a second opinion. 

Desktop or laptop? Laptop
Monitor resolution:1440X900
CPU: Intel®Core™2 Duo CPU @2.40 GHz
Graphics card:GeForce 9600M GT
RAM:* 4.00GB
SSD? (Yes/No)  Yes

Well um I thought mine was bad, yours is only just as good as my previous computer (exactly same but without GPU) and well you might get away with all low in towns and countryside but cities... Nope... So you can play just stay away from most big loot locations