Sir Schmoopy

Remove Spawn Timer when joining same server.

Pretty much title says it all. Its the most complete bull shit ever. I relogged just to try to get out of a glitched wall on the stupid boat, which is the MOST BUGGY place in game mind you, and i have to wait the full 5 minutes? Im all for the timer when server hopping early but when joining the SAME server? No sense at all.

• Like 5

And im currently STUCK inside a glitched room on the boat that i CANNOT get out of. Why make this thing SO buggy?

Other than the choice of words to whine about it, I agree with OP.

Testing video on MY OWN RENTED SERVER.  It's the only one I join.  Sucks to wait 80 seconds because I want to test and play with codecs.

• Like 1

Agreed. Everytime ISP blinks i'm not allowed back in the same server for 5 minutes. After a couple times i just move on to another game that will let me play.

• Like 1

This is why every door should be operational. If you cant open it just delete the room all together.

Id rather have to deal with such inconveniences than combat loggers/ghosting.

Edited by GpB311
  • Like 9

No this would allow players to log and wait then come back in the server performing a non moving ghost move sure that may not sound like a big problem but it could be done.. Patience is a virute go grab a coffee while you wait  not such a big deal really...

No not the combat logging just the timer i have to wait when rejoining the server. Im all for the 30-40 second wait timer when logging out. But having to wait the 5 minutes to rejoin the same server

AND im dead....? Yea just have the boat removed please. Simply nothing but death going near it.

If the boat is so buggy (and clearly you know it) why even go there?

Seems like another crying thread about the new log in and out timer.

• Like 3

CANT STAND THE new server wait time. def dont want a wait time when getting kicked, or crashing and having to join the same server to wait 260 seconds or whatever it is. rather annoying. poor way to stop duping if you ask me. I think they should fix duping, and make it so if you leave a server, you cant join a different one right away like for 4 minutes but you can join the same one again within 30 seconds.

• Like 1

If the boat is so buggy (and clearly you know it) why even go there?

Seems like another crying thread about the new log in and out timer.

Clearly you don't have the intelligence to comrephend much beyond "ME BUY DAY Z, ME TEST, ME NO COMPLAIN, ME MAKE FUN OF SILLY NOOBS FOR COMPLAIN, ME WIN DAY Z"

You should just uninstall the forums until you get a brain.  All of these measures they put in for "combat logging" are clearly affecting players negatively, don't sit there and throw up an "it's an alpha" response, just don't even bother replying.

Edited by McG2
  • Like 1

I don't mind the 5 minute wait. But currently I'm stuck inside a wall and this is my fourth relog to get out from there, you do the math. That said, even though the system is there to prevent exploiting, I agree with OPs opinion until getting stuck inside walls is fixed.

Or they could give us some other way to get unstuck, maybe some /unstuck system?

ok remove the timer...

after said removal you will be back whining that you got ghosted by some kid.

the timer is there...deal with it.

yeah and a stuck timer would work..pin someone and they use it to teleport to get out of the situation...

I have been on the ship a dozen times and have not once been killed there by it.

• Like 2

There a ways out of those rooms, one method that has worked for me is to run and vault constantly until you push/lag spike your way out of it.

The other is (if there is a window) to constantly try there.

These are bugs and will occur in alpha, they are on the bug tracker.

The server-hopper and combat ghosting prevention timers are a feature and should remain in the game.

Note: Re-logging to get out of a wall glitch does not work, not often unless there is a server roll-back to a previous point or character re-set. You have to push your way out and hope it lag spikes you into the open, the same it lag spiked you in.

Edited by Lancer 2-2

No this would allow players to log and wait then come back in the server performing a non moving ghost move sure that may not sound like a big problem but it could be done.. Patience is a virute go grab a coffee while you wait  not such a big deal really...

Non moving ''ghosters'' can be handled easily. Not to mention it would be stupid as hell to even do.

Edited by Metalunatic

No, I've noticed a general increase in un-looted military areas since the new implementation.

I definitely feel it has had a positive effect in regards to server hoppers. I've not been ghosted on since the update on either.

I'd even go so far as to say I would like the timer increased. DayZero mod did it well: 15 minutes if you wanted to rejoin a server on the same hive.

People seriously die on the boat randomly? Hasn't happened to me once, then again, I don't sprint through the thing full tilt.

The reason it's there is some ghosters can't combat log and reappear quickly ( can be done in 10-15 seconds)

With the timer, if they log and try to log into re same server there's a good chance the person they combat logged from has moved on

This is not going to be removed

The reason it's there is some ghosters can't combat log and reappear quickly ( can be done in 10-15 seconds)

With the timer, if they log and try to log into re same server there's a good chance the person they combat logged from has moved on

This is not going to be removed

They should still try and turn it into a better system. If it is at all possible, only use it when connecting to a different server. Ghosting wouldn't happen then or it would still have the same limitations as it does now.

Right now you have a 'fix' that works well against what they're supposed to work against - however they also limit or affect the game in other aspects or for people who do not ghost or server hop. 

Although I know that it won't happen any time soon, but I still think they should. And seeing as everything else is blamable with "alpha" why isn't ghosting, combat logging and server hopping? Hey it's alpha - so get used to it.

I feel like 90% of the people who responded to this thread didn't bother reading a thing the op wrote.

He wasn't asking to completely remove the system, just remove the penalty when logging in to the SAME server. I don't see any down sides to that.