blissfulkunt

Its not the Rain, there is a massive Memory Leak.

8 core Amd AT 4.s ghz, dual gtx 760s, 32gb ram and running on a 256gb ssd. and I still am having the horrible framerate issues. This is widespread reguardless of the type of hardware you run on. 

Free games to kill sometime with: Planetside 2, Hearthstone, ESO Beta(If you got invited), and hrmmmmm lets see Loadout.

Unfortunately none will compare to you DayZ experience... but FREE.

Gotta find something to play while we wait right? lol

Just an FYI for everyone, its my hardcore character that causes the memory leak, I just went to a normal server to try it out as I am a fresh spawn and the game runs better then ever.

Soo... grimey rick and others that are having troubles try your other character for now, atleast its a temp fix... It does seem like an item is causing the memory leak, as to which one, no idea.

Just an FYI for everyone, its my hardcore character that causes the memory leak, I just went to a normal server to try it out as I am a fresh spawn and the game runs better then ever.

Soo... grimey rick and others that are having troubles try your other character for now, atleast its a temp fix... It does seem like an item is causing the memory leak, as to which one, no idea.

Both of my characters lag now. I was able to run around with my cowboy this morning for almost two hours lag-free. But now he's lagging too. Woe is me.

Welllll you know what normal servers are no fun anyways, already got KoS as a bambi twice even said I was friendly lol. Oh well.

I don't begrudge them their weekends, I just wouldn't have dropped a patch on a Friday for this reason. Patch days are better off dropped at the beginning of the week as more people are working and at school, and the developers are, well, working. Now we have three days with no game. It's a bad day to be an addict. :T

Well Grimey, while we have politely disagreed on this in the past, I can safely say I'm with you on this one.

I understand that it's an Alpha and every now and then, more often "now", things will be jacked up and we'll have a tough time playing, but dropping a patch on a Friday seems like a really bad idea, considering there seems to ALWAYS be problems when a game gets a patch, from Alpha to Beta to full release. Dropping it when they know the most people will be on and they won't be around to fix it seems just like a goofy mood.

But whatever, I guess beggers (me) can't be choosers.

c'mon Grimey it's a game, they are allowed to finish work on time and have weekends like the rest of the free world; they're not our slaves ... unfortunately :P

God will you fuckin tree huggers get off of this backwards line of logic?

They are game DEVELOPERS, they are being PAID through the consumers', IE you, me, everyone here, purchasing of the game (read: a test key for those too stupid to realize the game's been released for sale to the public).  They should be held accountable for putting shit out that obviously didn't bother to test!  Get with it!

Do you really think that they actually tested this build, but apparently didn't play it for more than a 30 minute sitting to see that EVERYONE develops a memory leak?  Are you all seriously that ignorant?

Edited by McG2

They are game DEVELOPERS, they are being PAID through the consumers', IE you, me, everyone here, purchasing of the game (read: a test key for those too stupid to realize the game's been released for sale to the public).  They should be held accountable for putting shit out that obviously didn't bother to test!  Get with it!

Do you really think that they actually tested this build, but apparently didn't play it for more than a 30 minute sitting to see that EVERYONE develops a memory leak?  Are you all seriously that ignorant?

umadbro? hakuna yo tatas. That kinda attitude is not welcome here.

umadbro? hakuna yo tatas. That kinda attitude is not welcome here.

He might be mad, but he has a point. Actually, a lot of good points.

Was not fun yesterday. Me and 2 buddies went to Balota and started having crazy FPS drops (I went down to like 14FPS).

We got in firefight, buddy got killed, mine game froze and had to ALT+F4, when I got back I was dead, did not even manage to shoot my new hunting rifle once.

Respawned, got axed by random random dude in a barn, respawned and got taken as hostage and executed by full geared dude at Berezino Lumbermill.

Then I figured I've had enough and called it a day.

Anyway I have faith in devs, they will fix it :).

This seems to be the issue from what I've experienced:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172280-reddit-rocket2guns-on-fps-drop-is-caused-by-pre-115106-gear/

I had zero performance issues all day until I picked up an M4 fully loaded with extra attachments that seemed to have flickering textures. Within minutes performance of my entire group started to bog down more and more. We all kept restarting our games and after a few minutes into game play it would be the same issue. I didn't realize that the weapon itself may have been the issue until I had already logged out and read the post I've provided the link to above.

lol tree hugging? not sure how that fits into this at all... but due to your approach i guess you've never worked a day in your life so thanks for the life tips!

Not everyone is affected i'm fine played today for 2 hours with my mate (who is also fine), as were the people in Deans stream earlier. Not all problems are picked up initially or all combinations of problems can be anticipated even with extensive testing, use logic or "are you seriously that ignorant?"

And no you're wrong the game developers are not paid by the money we spend, they are contracted to make the game they work for BI and are employees / contractors. Learn and understand business as you obviously don't, the CEO's and shareholders make money from us buying the game, that is what they refer to as "profit" after the initial production costs are met, do you also think the dude at mc donalds who make your burgers gets a cut of every sale too? as it's the exact same logic; the devs are hired to do a job they don't owe you anything.

Also assuming this is mostly affecting those of us with lower-medium end computers, the guys with high end ones probably wont have this problem as they can put out a lot more memory/CPU usage.

This would explain why I haven't seen any degradation in performance.  Hope this gets fixed soon though.