ASDF991

Server Hopping has become godlike post patch

Never seen so many closed doors in the airfields the now post patch, the timer is meaningless when the devs managed to get 90% of people to stop server hopping, those dedicated to the craft are making out better then ever.

If this was the Dev's intention then bravo....

Edited by ASDF991
  • Like 1

To prevent this they should add a feature that doesn't allow you to change servers once you have chosen one. If you do decide to change servers then your player has to start all over again. 

Harsh, yes but it would fix this problem. 

• Like 2

I don't think the intent of the timer was to ever really stop server hopping, at best it's a mild inconvenience to those lame enough continuing to do it, who should really be playing a fast paced respawning FPS shooter anyway.

The real intent was to stop combat loggers and ghosting, because that's far more egregious.

• Like 3

Never seen so many closed doors in the airfields the now post patch, the timer is meaningless when the devs managed to get 90% of people to stop server hopping, those dedicated to the craft are making out better then ever.

can you explain?

To prevent this they should add a feature that doesn't allow you to change servers once you have chosen one. If you do decide to change servers then your player has to start all over again. 

That's where private hives come into play. Won't be available till much later.

• Like 2

I don't think the intent of the timer was to ever really stop server hopping.

The real intent was to stop combat loggers and ghosting.

Yeah like it was said above the fix was for combat loggers not server hoppers. 

Suggested fix for that

1. You're only allowed to switch to another sever during a time frame. You get one opportunity every 24 hours to switch to another server. Once you switch you have to wait another 24 hours to be able to switch again.

2. Add a time delay to switching to low pop servers. I join a low pop server. Then I want to switch to another low pop server but now I have to wait 1 min. After I join I want to switch to another low pop server. Now I have to wait 3 min. Then 5. Then 10 and so on.

Edited by blindwuzi

Hi.

Can't say I agree about having to start over, that defeats the whole purpose of having the public hive.

But what I think would work perfectly is, if switching to a different server you spawn on the coast like a new spawn but with your gear. It would completely negate server hopping for gear, and as a side bonus ghosting wouldn't exist anymore.

Regards.

• Like 8

I cant wait tell the OP realizes instead of hopping he can get just as much loot by running. And will be somewhere other than an airfield after an hour.

• Like 3

Hi.

Can't say I agree about having to start over, that defeats the whole purpose of having the public hive.

But what I think would work perfectly is, if switching to a different server you spawn on the coast like a new spawn but with your gear. It would completely negate server hopping for gear, and as a side bonus ghosting wouldn't exist anymore.

Regards.

Would need far more spawn points before that can be done, otherwise every spawn point will just become camp city.

Which is why, as much as I sometimes hate it, I'd rather have every server just be a private hive.

Although I do fully support this new timer and public hives, the only real way to combat it is to prevent people from transferring loot. Maybe it's because I'm so used to playing on private servers in the mod where my character is only that character on that server, but who knows?

Hi.

Regards.

That would just increase the spawn camping of the coast tenfold. People already camp newspawns for no reason other than entertainment or amusement, but if people had their gear when they spawned then now everyone who wanted free stuff would just camp there and kill everyone who spawned. That's not going to work.
Edited by Chaingunfighter

This would be moronic, sorry to say. Also, server hopping will always be there, sorry to break it to the white knights of the forum but there will be people that will do it no matter what (although I'm sure an actual loot respawning system would cut back on it massively) and you're going to need to accept that.

• Like 2

Would need far more spawn points before that can be done, otherwise every spawn point will just become camp city.

Or you could just, I dunno, stick to your favorite server.

Though I could see it being a problem for people that only play on 24/7 daylight softcore servers since they tend to be full a lot.

Still it would stop hopping for gear(unless someone thinks running all the way to the airbase from the coast repeatedly is a good idea) and totally eliminate the chance of ghosting.

Regards.

Server hopping should also hopefully go down once respawning loot is added. Thats why alot of people hop, cause it can be a little annoying to log into a server and go to 3 empty towns in row.

Server hoppers are only slowed down.

All those clean barracks you're seeing is just an illusion and coincidence...seriously.

like, server hopping is still at large and hasn't been stopped at all lol. The new system is primarily for combat loggers

You mean, the fucking private hive server system?  What an idea, right?

• Like 1

It's a good thing that in the same fail swoop they managed to throw every single player into the lot of combat loggers, literally every single time they log out.  Enjoy coming back to a new character all of the sudden, without the slightest clue why!  Oh wait that's right, it will surely be because you combat logged!!!!

Edited by McG2

So OP is saying the people who can be bothered to wait around for 5 minutes each time they server hop are getting good loot...So what? From the sounds of it, it's stopped a large amount of people server hopping, even if that wasn't the intended effect. 

As a side note the anti combat logging is being tested, you are testing it. I'm sure there will be additions, modifications, and fixes added in once they've gathered enough data on it's effectiveness. It's not the finished product. 

It's a good thing that in the same fail swoop they managed to throw every single player into the lot of combat loggers, literally every single time they log out.  Enjoy coming back to a new character all of the sudden, without the slightest clue why!  Oh wait that's right, it will surely be because you combat logged!!!!

and then we have idiots like this complaining about staying on the server for an extra 30 seconds, and blowing it out of proportion. Stop logging out in shit positions, and get used to it.

Edited by Capo

and then we have idiots like this complaining about staying on the server for an extra 30 seconds, and blowing it out of proportion. Stop logging out in shit positions, and get used to it.

It's funny how dipshits like you assume that I've ever lost a character to logging out, or ever combat logged.  Keep on trollin though.

Edited by Max Planck
Stop with the personal insults.

You sir are a moran of the highest class all the regular players have to do to avoid this is find a place thats is safe for 30 seconds to log out in not a big deal but i guess to those with more rage than brains it is keep crying your just plain funny ....

Edited by Max Planck
Stop with the personal insults, misspelling 'moron' doesn't make it okay to use.

can you explain?

Servers do not save your equipment for a few minutes after logging into the server...when the time is up, it saves your stuff

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Most of these ideas suck. Newsflash- I dont want to be stuck playing on a server at times with just 2 people. I also dont want to play on a server at times with 40 people. 

I should decide where I get to play. Calm down 3rd reichers. jeez.

the countdown is fine. i used to sh to find weapons. personally, i think most did. but whatever. i cant be happier with this patch. i found the m4 3 times last night and i didnt hop once. 

yaa for me. bad for you. lol.

• Like 1

It's funny how dipshits like you assume that I've ever lost a character to logging out, or ever combat logged.  Keep on trollin though.

Ok, so you haven't had any negative outcomes as a result of the patch. What is the problem? 

Most of these ideas suck. Newsflash- I dont want to be stuck playing on a server at times with just 2 people. I also dont want to play on a server at times with 40 people. 

I should decide where I get to play. Calm down 3rd reichers. jeez.

the countdown is fine. i used to sh to find weapons. personally, i think most did. but whatever. i cant be happier with this patch. i found the m4 3 times last night and i didnt hop once. 

yaa for me. bad for you. lol.

Agreed, most of these ideas are terrible.  The only solution to server hopping is respawning loot.  Currently server hopping isn't cheating, it's playing the game more efficiently.  Sorry, I'm not interested in running for 1-2 hours before I find unopened buildings...

• Like 1