Sign in to follow this  
cejota14

Women Clothes

Just no. No sexy female clothing, no skirts, no ridiculous little tank tops, heels or butt wiggles. In a zombie apocalypse, i'm wearing cargo pants, long sleeve tops, hoodies n jackets with pockets, or some other protective clothing, trainers or boots. I do not wanna be prancing round, wiggling my ass in a mini skirt. I understand that these items would exist in the world but I don't think there is any need to add them to the game.

I do agree that they need to improve on the female model as I look like a guy with my hair scraped back into a bun. Just a small touch like a little more feminine facial features. Other than that, I don't think there is a problem with the female model or the clothing.

Nobody said anything about heels!!! in fact I've said several times...NO HEELS! that's stupid...but women boots! fuck...learn how to red please. I'm talking about realistic clothing here...I won't go around Chernogorsk on my panties with some high heels and a short t-shirt showing my belly!! there's no need to have Payday masks, cowboy hats or puffy jackets...so why are those in game? don't be such a retard and REALIZE what things can imporve gameplay...we need more individualization here...specially with clans/groups

Nobody said anything about heels!!! in fact I've said several times...NO HEELS! that's stupid...but women boots! fuck...learn how to red please. I'm talking about realistic clothing here...I won't go around Chernogorsk on my panties with some high heels and a short t-shirt showing my belly!! there's no need to have Payday masks, cowboy hats or puffy jackets...so why are those in game? don't be such a retard and REALIZE what things can imporve gameplay...we need more individualization here...specially with clans/groups

I was not speaking to you in particular, i was commenting on what people have said here as a whole, not just you. So please try and refrain from calling people retards when you obviously didn't read my post and realize I wasn't talking about what *you* had said.  

Anyway...

I don't think more feminine clothing improves game play however, I do agree with more feminine fitted clothing as a choice for the player. I was only pointing out that sexy clothing and the like would not be appropriate.

• Like 1

I think if you are worrying about how good look then the game has failed as a survival simulator, hard.

I understand right now there's isn't much to do but it should be the least of your concern.

Someone said he highly doubt that in a apocalyptic world every one would wear camouflage and helmets...

Recent events tend to prove him wrong, look at the ukrainian protesters.This is not even the apocalypse and it's an urban environement.

140122161912-05-ukraine-protests-horizon

You see don't much girls wearing skirts, colored clothes or funky hairstyle either...

Your main and only concern  in DayZ should be how to survive, if it's not the case either you're approaching the game in the wrong way or, like I said, the game mechanics have failed to put you in this mindset.

In a apocalyptic world you would do everything you can to hide the fact you're a woman.

You'd probably start to cut your hair short. Long hair are highly impractical and are a nest for parasites and thus infections.

You certainly wouldn't want to wear one of these sexy outfits you've suggested in your OP and come across a group a sex deprived men.

Edited by Sooke
  • Like 1

Why would anyone wear a skirt in a zombie apocalypse? If I couldn't find thick pants I'd probably wrap them in layers upon layers of tape, wearing a skirt is just asking for a normally-preventable infection that will kill you with a shortage of antibiotics and antiviral medicines.

• Like 1

GET OUT!

I'm all for more clothes, but i'm against making clothes only work on a specific gender. Sure, they can look better/worse on a specific gender, but that should be it.

What type of clothes doesn't really matter, as long as there's more of it, both practical clothes and fashionable clothes. Should try to have the same amount of female/male clothing, and even more unisex.

(Except for me, ORANGE raincoat mustard race!)

I thought I was the only one... running around like Naruto Uzumaki with a M4

Personally i like this idea. With the exception of making it female only. Personally I only feel comfortable in a pants and a good pair of boots both in game and out but I would hold nothing against any person sporting a pretty pink flower dress trying to seduce a horde of zombies.

on second thought this must be in game i would totally grab some popcorn to watch that.

After reading this thread I just have to say it...

DayZ is not an MMO.

On-topic:  I'm all for reasonable female clothing.  Seeing as though your characters breath is always visible, anything that shows more skin than a person would reasonably show in a cold climate shouldn't be included.  Skirts teeter somewhere on the border here for me.

DayZ is not an MMO.

On-topic:  I'm all for reasonable female clothing.  Seeing as though your characters breath is always visible, anything that shows more skin than a person would reasonably show in a cold climate shouldn't be included.  Skirts teeter somewhere on the border here for me.

We're not suggesting skirts and dresses, we're suggesting fitted clothes and a hairstyle thats not a bun.

These types of things will probably be implemented along with beards right before the game is schedualed for full release if they're added at all

We're not suggesting skirts and dresses, we're suggesting fitted clothes and a hairstyle thats not a bun.

These types of things will probably be implemented along with beards right before the game is schedualed for full release if they're added at all

Well the OP did suggest skirts, and it's been mentioned in a bunch of other posts as well.

I'm pretty confident that there will be more character customization options in the future though.  Things like beards(as you mentioned), new faces, hair colors and styles, and maybe even body types(though these could be problematic with model clipping and hit-boxes).  I'm pretty new to DayZ though, so I'm not sure if the DEVs have communicated their stance on these matters yet.

"When I get into a fire fight I like to swear skin tight jeans and a small tank top with a flip flop combo!"

Said no woman who has seen combat ever, or better yet any woman with an ounce of brains.

Nothing wrong with having female clothing but even if I was a woman I would not wear half of that crap in SHTF situation.

No.

You don't know women very well, do you?

I can assure you, I know many women who would make looking good through the zombie apocalypse top priority; if nothing more than to look attractive enough to make someone else want to protect her. 

Legitimate strategy.

This game is about survival, believe it or not... being pretty can increase your odds of that, even in a simulation. Human nature, all that.

• Like 1

Seriously, has anyone ever actually bothered reading the dev blog? These are things in the pipeline. Character customization is a huge part of any RPG experience and will Shirley make an appearance in the game.

I'll get my coat.

Nope. If I were you I would suggest them make more clothes(for both female and male), more skin, more faces, more backpack styles. I'm getting bored of seeing the same characters.

Beside, DayZ is not The Sims.

DayZ is not an MMO.

Dean said DayZ is an MMO...you sure you're playing DayZ kid?

Nope. If I were you I would suggest them make more clothes(for both female and male), more skin, more faces, more backpack styles. I'm getting bored of seeing the same characters.

Beside, DayZ is not The Sims.

I already did, what I ask HERE is to be more female-friendly, that's all...even in the apocalypse I'd found a pair of boots and a bluse

Ive never said this before, but if I see a guy in a dress, its KoS for me. Hes either a 12 year old codfag or was brutally beaten, robbed and tortured. In which case its a sympathy kill.

do you know how many guys will start wearing booty shorts and a tank top lol

I am for more clothing types, just nothing slutty like short skirts and shirts that show your tits or belly.  It would be nice to have just one game where females don't look like whores.

If I say an elephant is a car, is it a car?  Just because someone misuses a term doesn't mean the term is suddenly redefined.  The term MMO was created by the DEV for UO.  Even if you use the altered modern definition for MMO, it still says "thousands of players connecting to a persistent world".  You sure you didn't grow up under power-lines?

DayZ is barely closer to an MMO than Battlefield.

I already did, what I ask HERE is to be more female-friendly, that's all...even in the apocalypse I'd found a pair of boots and a bluse

We get it, you want attention, and currently the unexaggerated gender appearance of female characters is putting a damper on the potential of your attention-whoring.

Edited by KyleSaysThings
  • Like 1

Wow.... just wow...  First off, no, DAYZ is not an MMO, I don't care what Dean says about the matter.  Like kyle said, I'll trust the dude who actually invented the term, aka the lead dev of UO.

Second, "kid"?  That's all you got?  You did not even dive into the plethora of available arguments around the web to support your point...  Instead you jump right for the "Ageist" bull crap that is indicative of a person with no capacity to form a coherent argument, let alone hold a reasonable debate...

In essence, take your attention whoring self elsewhere...

• Like 1

no.

this is no fashion show. women don't dress like sluts in a post-apocalypse, they dress appropriately like survivors

• Like 3

Jeeze. Guys are pretty stupid when it comes to women. 

Female says - "I want to wear women's clothes on my female character."

Men says - "FUCKING IDIOT! In the apocalypse people would on'y wear men's clothing!"

It'd be highly dangerous for anyone to wear extremely baggy clothing. So unless you're an Amazon Women, you ladies stand no chance in the case of disasters. The point here is they want to have something on their character that makes them feel and look more like that are in real life. It'd be smarter to run around with a skirt all day than a motorcycle helmet.

Overheating and all with that thing on is fine, BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF I SEE A PINK DRESS! Grow up neck beards. 

Besides, we're survivors. There would be more than just cargo pants and military jackets worn by the initial survivors. Has it been established that the outbreak is on going, or that the time line is post outbreak. If its post outbreak, why do we only spawn with a flashlight? I always thought the game as more of "waking up and OH SHIT ZOMBIES".

Edited by BootYourFace

Jeeze. Guys are pretty stupid when it comes to women. 

Female says - "I want to wear women's clothes on my female character."

Men says - "FUCKING IDIOT! In the apocalypse people would on'y wear men's clothing!"

It'd be highly dangerous for anyone to wear extremely baggy clothing. So unless you're an Amazon Women, you ladies stand no chance in the case of disasters. The point here is they want to have something on their character that makes them feel and look more like that are in real life. It'd be smarter to run around with a skirt all day than a motorcycle helmet.

Overheating and all with that thing on is fine, BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF I SEE A PINK DRESS! Grow up neck beards. 

Nobody said it should be restricted to men's clothing, that's just a strawman(something your post is full of).  We just want to see the clothing kept within reason.

I figure at this point in the story, the only people left alive are those with survival in mind.  How is a skirt going to be better than a pair of appropriately sized pants?  How are girly boots going to be better than appropriately fitted shoes/boots that provide the best possible stability, traction, and protection?  At the end of the day I find it quite unrealistic that people in this scenario would be placing atheistics over function.

Besides, we're survivors. There would be more than just cargo pants and military jackets worn by the initial survivors. Has it been established that the outbreak is on going, or that the time line is post outbreak. If its post outbreak, why do we only spawn with a flashlight? I always thought the game as more of "waking up and OH SHIT ZOMBIES".

Then why is everything decrepit?  Rify has rusted away. The paint on every house is faded and peeling.  All the vehicles in the street are rusted.  I've always gotten the impression that a good amount of time has passed since the outbreak.

Edited by KyleSaysThings
  • Like 1