helcol

My opinion about KOS and Friendly

anyone remember the tears along the lines of "but... but.... they killed me from 1.6km away with a .50 rifle.. if they just took that nasty gun away no one would be KOS, how can they know i'm a nice guy if they kill me from so far away." ? - well its long gone, didn't seem to stop kos taking it away now did it? people are going to kill you in this game, you are going to have adversaries whether you like it or not.

I concur, I have declared similar thoughts many times!

It's my belief that DayZ is to become a risk management game.

Right now the only risk to manage is other players. You aren't bobbing and weaving or creeping around town to dodge the zombies. You are instead trying to evade the homicide maniacs. There will be many who won't add other players onto the plethora of other things will have to survive/chances they will have to take when more survival mechanics are released. Disease. Hunger. Thirst. Zombies that are a numerous and threatening. Stealth mechanics. Weather/Body temperature. High density zombie infestations in high-end looting areas. Goals that would be safer to group up to accomplish. Even private hives could effect vastly effect how people play.

Axe murdering... KoS and Banditry will always be around. Because it's fun. But I think the amount of it will level out some when the game world itself becomes a struggle, when it becomes an entity out to devour us.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 2

I'm actually surprised at the amount of good comments this post received.  No troll post in sight yet  :)

anyone remember the tears along the lines of "but... but.... they killed me from 1.6km away with a .50 rifle.. if they just took that nasty gun away no one would be KOS, how can they know i'm a nice guy if they kill me from so far away." ? - well its long gone, didn't seem to stop kos taking it away now did it? people are going to kill you in this game, you are going to have adversaries whether you like it or not.

need to bring back as50 thermal or at least a m107

Me and my buddy have taken to pants robbing. Not killing on site.  Yeah it's been done before and a lot but it's a fun challenge to see how many pants we can get before being KoS'd by some sniper in a hill unwilling to go and interact with somebody.

So far 5 pairs, 2 caught on vid (Still editing)

Our Characters still alive.

Sometimes we let them leave with gear or a handful of tuna till they can find new pants.

I also have a particularly flattering pair of violet ladies summer pants waiting for our next victim to run away with LOL

It might not be popular, but someone has to keep the pants wearing population down.

Dying should mean more than losing gear I think. Because unfortunately you can just respawn and your friend who saved your stuff gives can give it back to you in a matter of minutes.

If this happened it would make people play the game more cautiously, make interactions far more intense and scary, there would be less random KOS.  It would make the game play more like a real zombie apocalypse.

Dying should mean more than losing gear I think. Because unfortunately you can just respawn and your friend who saved your stuff gives can give it back to you in a matter of minutes.

If this happened it would make people play the game more cautiously, make interactions far more intense and scary, there would be less random KOS.  It would make the game play more like a real zombie apocalypse.

You can hardly take a scenario for the coast and project it to the overall game, though.

If people die up north(west), then things are problematic. Even with friends. Chances are they're already geared and don't have endless inventory space, so not all can be saved. The other question is whether you can make it back in time from your spawn point. Re-gearing takes time and will take more time in the future. Probably anyway, considering the game is still getting tweaked.

People should already play careful if they want to live and not die over and over again. Or not as much.

I get your point, but then again most of the time it's not that easy. Or let's put it in different words: It'll probably only get harder from here on. Unless you have a team to compensate later on, when there's permanent storage.

I want to see this video. :D Lol

Again sorry about the very bad quality. I opted to save space vs quality.  Needless to say I've already upped it for the next gaming session.

See it's more fun to NOT KoS!

need to bring back as50 thermal or at least a m107

but the as50 thermal is to much power for one person, I feel.

m107 should be the rarest gun in the game if it is ever brought back, should be one spawn for the entire server list.

The gun should be like finding a unicorn in a decaying world.

Also the CZ 550 making a comeback would be great!