zv0n3

Rain -> FPS drop (it is not the rain, but still FPS drop )

Pretty much the same for me, fine for 20 minutes, then serious lag problems and intermittent freezes. Quite unplayable. This was without rain too.

The rain looks horrible. They should look at mods for Skyrim which made it look real. Some games have it looking real to of course but i can't remember which ones.

skyrim and other games use tottaly differnet engine, it would be hard to make same rain...

skyrim and other games use tottaly differnet engine, it would be hard to make same rain...

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what? Does anyone on this forum not state their opinions/guesses/assumptions as if they were plain-as-day facts? Rain is a flat texture with transparency applied to the edges or a particle with about the same properties as far as the engine or DirectX is concerned. It really just needs to be a bit smaller, with a bit more transparency.

Hello :D

The rain is actually lowing everybodys fps from like 40 to 15 so its now that cool

Speak for your self. No performance loss. I love the rain!

Like I said. It's your computer. The load becomes too much as you load in more objects.

You sir are an idiot or a troll (same thing) - idiot.

Let me clarify, - your statement is trollish/idiotic.

Everyone who wants this fixed, you can post your system specs here and state the poor performance you are having..

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1xaflr/fps_problems_new_patch/

Then go here and "UPVOTE" this bug report.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8262

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I have noticed NO FPS drop when its raining.

The game runs like a dream for me and looks gorgeous and I am only running a GTX 260 since my main card went kaboom a few weeks back.

Its all about your settings and tweaking the game performance.

Those that are complaining are trying to run the game at MAX settings!!

Edited by nvrsbr

Its a memory leak problem, I can play for about 10 minutes before my game starts freezing, just watch as your cpu usage increases over time, very annoying needs to be fixed immediately. Nothing to do with the rain.

MEMORY LEAK ISSUE.

I just turned my Clouds up to Max and still NO Fps drop.

Just and FYI with the weather now added the CLOUDS make a huge difference on the lighting of the game.

Its looks so much better with clouds at MAX.

F*** upset im not getting my dailiy dose of dayZ. I can play for a MAX of 15 minutes before it starts freezing =(

Yup Same here only adding so they have more notes on the impact:

I started playing and I'm used to 40-50 fps ultra and it kept going down & down & down until it 3 FPS and stopped responding.

Task manager only showed 20% usage.

I was also running (but not recording) DXtory

Intel Core i7 Quad Core

nVIdia 760 2GB version

8GB RAM

Just and FYI with the weather now added the CLOUDS make a huge difference on the lighting of the game.

I have to confirm my clouds have always been at max and getting it. So envious you're getting your play time in.

How do people have these fps probs when im running an e8400 with a 760(cause i cant afford new cpu yet) and mune hasnt changed?

Im not sure if it was rain and storm sounds that gave me little lagging today but i finded that it rains inside buildings too. Poor roofs if rain can come in houses why zeds would not come in through walls.

Crash: Game Crash when using FLUSH command

The above is taken from the last patch change log.  The FLUSH command is used to clean out the video memory every so often to keep it from getting overloaded with textures that are not being used.  I don't know what exactly was done in that area in this patch and I'm no programmer, but it stands to reason that this may be a good place to start the bug hunt.

Edited by Darth_Rogue

The game runs like a dream for me and looks gorgeous and I am only running a GTX 260 since my main card went kaboom a few weeks back.

idiot...

i don't have a good computer, i play with everything on low/off, but you sir are an idiot...

i am not the only one getting this bug, this bug does not care if someone is using my notebook or NSA-s super computer...

same problem here! massive FPS drop as soon as it starts raining AFTER a couple of minutes. Couldn't even log out. Game went completely unresponsive, had to kill the process.

This happened to me too just now.

Your computer suck plain and simple.

It's a big sandbox. The effect of rain covers the whole sandbox. 1+1 = 2.

idiot.

Like I said. It's your computer. The load becomes too much as you load in more objects.

again idiot.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what? Does anyone on this forum not state their opinions/guesses/assumptions as if they were plain-as-day facts? Rain is a flat texture with transparency applied to the edges or a particle with about the same properties as far as the engine or DirectX is concerned. It really just needs to be a bit smaller, with a bit more transparency.

talking out your a**, and a bit of a hypocrite. think about it ;)

read his post in full before posting, he clearly stated that  he plays with all settings on very low or off. Idiot.

P.S.... i love trolling trolls :)

• Like 1

ok the rain is not causing me the problem as far as i can see,,,,, and  same for my friend

I log in, go into huge  lag mode, then freeze almost instantly , or moon walk for a while before freezing , then i have to ctlr alt del ,,, to get out of game

I have a very good quad core system with a top end  video card so i know its not my pc

I dont think its the rain or i would not freeze as i log in with no rain,,,  i think the rain is a great feature so i hope that not the problem

But sadly i cannot play this game as it is any more

Edited by blueleader

idiot.

again idiot.

talking out your a**, and a bit of a hypocrite. think about it ;)

read his post in full before posting, he clearly stated that  he plays with all settings on very low or off. Idiot.

P.S.... i love trolling trolls :)

you have my beans, sir :P

ok the rain is not causing me the problem as far as i can see,,,,, and  same for my friend

I log in, go into huge  lag mode, then freeze almost instantly , or moon walk for a while before freezing , then i have to ctlr alt del ,,, to get out of game

I have a very good quad core system with a top end  video card so i know its not my pc

I dont think its the rain or i would not freeze as i log in with no rain,,,  i think the rain is a great feature so i hope that not the problem

But sadly i cannot play this game as it is any more

READ THIS F+** POST

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172241-fps-drops-last-patch-more-information-spam-to-devs/

Edited by StationMax