Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

You are dead, then hear gunshots. What happened?

Anyone else died and then heard gunshots? My last death, I was in a pretty desolate area, though it was a full experimental server. I was walking out of a building, then all of a sudden, you're dead. I hear a single gunshot about 3 seconds later.

I wasn't lagging, and the game didn't indicate I desynced. Anyone else had this problem?

i know your feel bro, once i was climbing stairs and the black screen poops up and that amazing words where there "You are dead" and after that till i was w8 to respawn i hear some shoots... guess its one of alpha things atm :D

It's likely an alpha bug BUT possibly you were shot by someone with a mosin from a long way away. It's possible to be hit by the bullet before hearing the shot?

I would agree with others on the Alpha answer. There are a lot of timing bugs at the moment and I am sure this is one of them. 

Thanks for the answers all.. I guess "alpha thing" is as close as I'll get. And yeah I'm pretty sure it was at least 3 seconds as I just stood there wondering what happened, assumed I walked into an invisible entity that made me kill myself, and then heard the shot..

Possibly all of the above.

But also, I have played as a bandit hunter on many an occasion, and sometimes I will see 2 people running and keep an eye on them to see what they're doing. Then witnessed person 1 get killed, and realized it was actually an oblivious person getting murdered, then shot the bandit for his evil ways. Perhaps this could be an explanation?