Dogar

Can't see other people's direct communication chat

having this problem also.....oddly i can hear people and see what people are typing whilst loading, but as soon as i log in it goes all very quiet >< it ruins so much of the immersion =/

I have this same problem....can anyone in the know shed some light on this??

I have steam version too...

A friend of me has this problem too now.

His graphiccard was defect and he installed Arma + Arrowhead on his second PC and play with this. The first PC is now repaired and now his direct channel doesn't work too! O_o

I mean he just change the gpu, no reinstall of operating system or something...

Please, help us :/

Somehow I sometimes do see the direct communication when playing Lingor Island, I've never seen it work on Chernarus

Bumb...

I try to find a solution for that but sorry I have no idea.

Checked firewall, disable firewall, sniffing traffic pakets, open traffic ports for arma/dayz , reinstall game, checked more operating systems (X64,X86) and more... I found no solution.

Side Channel is disabled and we have no way to talk with other people. Please help us developers...

I have the same problem, they can see my text, i cant see theirs nor hear em. Been like this singe i installled a month ago. Steam version

Copypaste from another thread of this

I've tried to gathered some tips, here's what I've got. (I also found out the majority with this problem has the Steam version of ArmA)

* Try pressing "Verify integrity of game cache" on the game ArmA OA and Combined Operations in your Steam gamelist. (This solved it for a guy who had exactly the same problem as us)

and if that fails

* Reinstall the game (someone said this would solve it 100%)

Another guy who had the same problem, but didn't have a mic, bought a mic and installed it, and said that after that he could see what people wrote. (Unlikely the mic has something to do with people typing text, but if you have a mic but its not plugged in its worht a try)

I will test this as soon as i get a chance, but please respond here if you tried it and if it made any difference

I've not had time to try any of these yet as i am not at home

You can only see or hear direct comms when inside a certain distance from each other, too far away & it won't show.

Copypaste from another thread of this

I've tried to gathered some tips, here's what I've got. (I also found out the majority with this problem has the Steam version of ArmA)

* Try pressing "Verify integrity of game cache" on the game ArmA OA and Combined Operations in your Steam gamelist. (This solved it for a guy who had exactly the same problem as us)

and if that fails

* Reinstall the game (someone said this would solve it 100%)

Another guy who had the same problem, but didn't have a mic, bought a mic and installed it, and said that after that he could see what people wrote. (Unlikely the mic has something to do with people typing text, but if you have a mic but its not plugged in its worht a try)

I will test this as soon as i get a chance, but please respond here if you tried it and if it made any difference

I've not had time to try any of these yet as i am not at home

It doesn't solved my problem :(

I installed my micro (again) and use the cache thing at steam but still no chat...

I can't understand why no developer say anything to this topic. First they removed the side channel and now the direct don't work. It's not really possible to play with other people for us and it doesn't care anything :|

Edited by AMD

OMFG SOMEONE GET A FUCKING FIX ALREADY!!! Someone should pass this to rocket or something, pisses me off so much when my teammates rage cause' I gave away out position... -3-

in the same boat.

installed my OS on a new ssd, and completely reinstalled a fresh version of the game and I still get the damn error. I can;'t see or hear direct but they can see/hear me!

No news on this? I've been suffering from this bug for many months now. I have even built a new system with fresh installs of windows, steam, arma, etc and the bug followed me. It also applies in both public and private hive servers.

I FIGURED OUT A FIX AND IT WORKS!! :D :D :D

OK. Type in "Sound" on your Windows search bar. Open it. Under the tab "Playback" you'll see your speakers, headphones if you have 'em, etc.. If you do not see some, right click on the open white space click the two checkmarks for Showing. Ok now. If you're like me, you probably use headphones rather than speaker. Set either Speakers or Headphones as default. Depends which one you use. I used headphones so I set that as default. Um... im not sure if this does anything but go ahead and set the alternate one as default communication device. I don't think it does anything but :P.

Now, the second part is this. Go to the tab "Recording". You'll see Microphone, Line In, Stereo Mix, etc. If you don't see them, right click in white space and click the "Showing" check marks. Now. Set Stereo Mix as the Default device. I don't have a microphone, so I am unsure what this will do to that. I think both can work at same time withuot any problem. You may have to change the sound levels in the stereo mix, but whatever.

ANYWAY, I did all this. I restarted ArmA II, expecting the worst. But then, I got near some enemies and... I heard their voices! And then I told them something in direct (prior I wasn't able to see their text or von but I could see my text). Then. Behold. I saw a direct chat message from someone.

Your welcome. Have a nice day!! :D :D :D

EDIT: Needed to change some things.

Edited by Ludichris1