Ponder (DayZ)

Cheater / WallHacker caught on tape. Hope this stuff gets ironed out

I'm realllly loving DayZ Standalone especially because it's already so enjoyable in ALPHA. But, I do certainly hope that issues like this are on the absolute top of the priority list as it can really destroy hours and hours of work.

http://youtu.be/uwisYfSPiBE

Synopsis: Guy was glitching into walls and able to shoot and kill me and my friend without us being able to do a single thing.

I couldn't help but notice that whoever that was in the video didn't check the computer room :/ just sayin.

• Like 3

well considering its so easy to "wall hack" in this game I cant blame anyone for doing it

Now is exactly the time you want all the hackers going full-bore, not at release.

Now is exactly the time you want all the hackers going full-bore, not at release.

Agreed which is exactly why I had to post this right after it happened... I understand it's alpha so I want to help give as much info as possible to help fix it. Even though this vid isn't much as I died to the cheater first, it's important to catch all of this now while it's still very early in development

• Like 3

Agreed which is exactly why I had to post this right after it happened... I understand it's alpha so I want to help give as much info as possible to help fix it. Even though this vid isn't much as I died to the cheater first, it's important to catch all of this now while it's still very early in development

Sure, I just wouldn't necessarily vilify the hackers yet as, while many may not have noble motives, they are providing a valuable service right now.

You caught a 'you are dead' screen on tape. There are at least 3 places he could have shot you from.

I mean, I cant say your friend did not see anything. But all you caught on your recording is you dieing no hacking.

• Like 1

I failed to see the cheater/wallhacker in this...
You may have got shot from outside(upstairs?downstairs?), game is buggy, blood spourting from your side doesnt say much, gun sound doesnt tell much...
And worst it could have been is someone glitching/bugging inside the house, you can glitch through alot of stuff in this game simply vaulting in them.

Edited by Zeppa

These are already well known glitches, video's of them... in my opinion anyway, just make the problem worse, more and more people know about them. Better to go onto the bug reporter and vote up these problems.

Almost anyone can very quickly figure out how to glitch into most buildings in the game, usually into a hidden part where you can't be seen. It's especially easy on airfield buildings... makes it super dangerous to go there. 

This stuff really needs fixed, but it's not hacking, it's glitching. 

You caught a 'you are dead' screen on tape. There are at least 3 places he could have shot you from.

I mean, I cant say your friend did not see anything. But all you caught on your recording is you dieing no hacking.

What 3 places based on watching us enter the building could he have possibly shot me from? just curious

Edit: BTW I don't expect people to listen through the part where I'm dead, but if you do you can hear my buddy reacting to what's happening and explaining it.

Edited by Ponder

What 3 places based on watching us enter the building could he have possibly shot me from? just curious

Edit: BTW I don't expect people to listen through the part where I'm dead, but if you do you can hear my buddy reacting to what's happening and explaining it.

The question is how did he see said person in the wall when he was upstairs or without getting shot when he came into view himself...

Still looks like you got blasted from the end of the hall your friend never checked.

Did you clear down stairs? No

Did you check out the window when getting shot? No

Have you ever tried "Hacking" which by the way is the case of vaulting into a wall, hardly a hack is it really? If the answer is no then go try

Youd learn that even if you do hack through that wall you cannot shoot out of the wall thus you clearly could have shot the guy who shot you and only your awareness is to blame here.

computer room ....

oh end yea if your friend rly shoot him with SKS he will be dead 1000000% 1 bullet kill eaven on 300m (verified)

Edited by HrkiGV

You dummy

I'm realllly loving DayZ Standalone especially because it's already so enjoyable in ALPHA. But, I do certainly hope that issues like this are on the absolute top of the priority list as it can really destroy hours and hours of work.

Synopsis: Guy was glitching into walls and able to shoot and kill me and my friend without us being able to do a single thing.

Nothing cought on tape... Change your headline dude.

Plus no checking of the lowest floor.

Gah, i hoped they fixed that building allready. Glitched in there by accident and was trapped. Was pondering staying and spook Server hoppers :D

• Like 1

By the way, you never cleared the office downstairs to your left. Congratulations, you are now dead.

I'm no Dexter, but that bullet hit you directly to the side of your head, on the left. BOOM headshot.

Edited by zaphodity

I don't even see why it's a hacker. You just got shot by somebody who was in a room you didn't check. That's your own fault.

computer room ....

oh end yea if your friend rly shoot him with SKS he will be dead 1000000% 1 bullet kill eaven on 300m (verified)

Not true, I have witnessed people take 2 - 3 SKS rounds before they go unconscious or die. It is not always a 1 hit kill