MasukaGP

just got DayZ and here is my experience

So where should i start i got DayZ here 2 days ago now and have played it quite a bit and here is what happened in my 10th experience and so far the best one (i just got killed by a bad person) SHAME ON YOU!!! :@

sorry if its a long/boring read but i hope some other new player will read it and dont give up :)

anyway i started off near one of the cities. a dead player was nearby so i took his painkiller and bandage i sneaked around trying to get some water / food shortly after i found a building with 1 soda and 1 can of food. so i headed for the woods..

after properly 1 hour of running/walking around still no sight of a living player. i happened to stumble upon a barn with a winchester and 2 boxes of pelets.. nice i thought finally i could defend myself incase i got a zombie on my tail.. the winchester got in use short after when a zombie spottet me and i ran for it. i ran for a while and still only one after me so i turned around and shot him.. DAMN i missed shot him again but not after he had hit me and ofcourse i started to bleed.. so i bandaged up

while running with the zombie i had neared myself a farm area. with a HUGE barn (used for caddle ones) omsode was a player laying on the floor dead.. my heart stopped wondering if the killer was nearby.. but i went to the dead guy and this is what i got from him

Watch - Hunting knife - Map - 2 Morphine - G17 with 3 full mags - food/drink and a M1014 with some rounds for it so i ditched my Winchester and looked around in the nearby buildings and found a toolbox. i thought awesome im ready to go into the wood and try and handle it out there alone.

i found out on the map after reading the city sign that i was pretty close to the air field and thought i would take the chance trying to find a Gillie suit (i did not) but sneaking around in there i visited one of the 2 Barracks there and i first found a AK47 awesome! i ditched my shotgun right away. i went into the big hangars and got some more G17 mags and was now full on mags for my pistol.

i went to the other barrack after sneaking around quite a bit (still no sight of a single player)

in the other barracks i found the dream weapon (other than a sniper ofcourse) the awesome M4A3 CCO with 2 mags. and on my own jurnies i had found two other so i was pretty well equipped i would say. so i was heading out of the compound and allmost out i spotted another guy in the comn. tower. dropped flat and asked in voice hello? he did not answer, so i stayed there for 5 minutes scouting with my Binocs i found earlier he was gone. so i stood up crouching . and made my way thru to the other side and out goind pretty close to the wall.. when i was allmost out i got shot once so i ran around the corner. and a single zombie came i shot it.. and used one of my bandages and painkiller to stop the bleeding and shaking once again..

i waited and heard another shot.. and thought ohh shit and started to run not caring about anything at all (it might have been the wrong choice) and i got shot at again and i was hit. and got the Hour glass on my screen slowly ticking down and i saw my killer for the first time.. a female character(my first thought was prolly a young kind who thought this was counterstrike or CoD or what ever) the person stood there taking non of my weapons (he had some sort of rifle..

when the hour glass ran out and i was just under 4k blood i said in voice "dont shoot dont shoot" but she shot me anyway...

8 hours spent on the character roughly, im aware its not much compared to alot but for me it was quite an achievement:blush:

for me it was one amazing run with few players seen.. so i got to the conclusion if i can do this within 2 days then other new players can aswell.. just read up on some site's read a bit here on the forum and your good..

.. you really got all the way down here? now did you read it all.. then grats to you ^^ would be quite the achievement and i hand you this can of Frank & Beans(did not have a cookie)

i hope this will give some other new players some hope that it is possible to survive more than 1 or two hours.. and i guess the most important thing is.. Patience and perseverance and you will get there

That is really good for a person who just started!

In my first life, I found a friendly that was willing to team up, so we did. We bot hit up a couple of barns and such, and we found some weapons. I had a winchester, and my buddy had a lee einfield. We then made our way to Zub castle to get some loot.

We get there, kill a couple of zombos and then we attempt to climb the stairs...

It was not a pretty sight. We both fell clumsily to our deaths, and out of everything that we could've been killed by; we got killed by stairs.

Good read, I have been there myself, had lots off good stuff only to lose it to either..

A - One Zed (yeah you heard right, just one)

or

B - A person not at all after my good stuff, but probably only needed to feel safe.

I would like to start helping new players now, I have tried going alone and with a small group. It's hard now though without global/side chat :(

Only my first run through-, landed in Disneyland, its was great all the rides were free and made of chocolate, after eating them all, i left for the sky ladder which took me to the invigorating cloud village, whilst there, 3 pineapple shaped cartoon cauliflower stared vibrating the monkey that climbed out of my ARSE

Man been playing for 2 days now roughly 20 hours or so and had a bunch of fun. However i am already thinking of giving up. I would have been glad if i had been shot by another player or killed by zombies whenever i got far enough to even bother mentioning it but no i died because of the wide range of bugs in ArmA every time and it's really making me not want to play (stuff like running through a wall and then dropping to my death and dismounting ladders only to notice my character decided to dismount in the air instead of the rooftop and so on). Buuut i guess im glad someone is enjoying it.

p.s. i really do love the mod but the multitude of bugs from the original game are just gamebreaking for me...

Dude as soon as you have gone north... dont ask if friendly, dont give away yah position. Shoot first, if yah get the drop on someone. If yah want team up, do it on the coast(it is a much more friendly place believe it or not), by the time people are by stary or NW airfield... they have invested enough time they wont be taking risks. And trusting to the good nature o a stranger on the interwebbies ;-)

Yah best bet is to team up with clan mates, or RL mates, and use TS/vent/mumble. I wont shoot a starting player at the coast.. but ill be a shooting first up there.

lol My first time spawning into Day Z I will never forget. I popped onto the beach, saw a player, got shot to death.

Total time alive... 15 seconds.