Sign in to follow this  
yardpro

Talk about priorities...

Bought the game. Buggy but fun.

Servers are crappy...sometimes takes half a dozen tries to find a decent server without lag.. but I accept it as part of the dev process.

I hear rumors about measures to prevent server hopping and I'm all for it.

I've been KoS'd more times than I can count and most of the time I don't even see who killed me...just hear "pew" then read "you are dead".

It sucked...but at least I got to PLAY.

But now? LOL.

I spent 20 minutes playing today...and no joke...AN HOUR AND A HALF staring at the "wait" screen.

My crime? Getting repeatedly booted and/or yellow to red lag spikes that last for days.

And it's not on my end...been playing WoW and GW2 while I've been stuck on the "wait screen of death". Both run fine with green latency.

I don't know who prioritizes your workload...but whoever put "appease the carebears" over "fix the servers" needs to wear the cone of shame.

Don't get me wrong. I KNOW server hopping for gear is an exploit and it needs to be fixed...

But for the love of gawd...fix that AFTER you fix the server stability issues.

And it's not just me...every server I log onto has a wall of red text saying "so and so" is booted for connection problems.

I counted at least 50 people who got booted and that was only in the 20 minutes or so that I actually managed to log into a server.

Just my 2 cans o' tuna.

• Like 2

I spent 20 minutes playing today...and no joke...AN HOUR AND A HALF staring at the "wait" screen.

Nice try but the maximum time is five minutes. I see a lot of people creating accounts today to whine about the anti-combat logger and anti-server hopper protections.  ;) If it was the plain "Please wait..." screen and not the login timer then you should have just tried to reconnect, I don't get the countdown when I have been disconnected legitimately by a flaky server.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 3

Complains about KoS then calls people carebears.....lolwut.

Combating exploitation and unfair play isn't what I'd call catering to "carebears" , as you put it.
Are you picking servers with low ping?
How many mpbs do you haz?

It was my understanding server stability has been improved with the last patch.

Edited by Rudette

Try not to server hop so much.

• Like 2

Huh.. seems like you're the only one having consistent server lag, unless you're joining servers with high pings. The server browser, by default, puts a ping limit of 100 on the listing filter. The server change timer also only lasts 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of waiting you should have alt+f4-ed and tried again.

Nice try but the maximum time is five minutes. I see a lot of people creating accounts today to whine about the anti-combat logger and anti-server hopper protections.  ;) If it was the plain "Please wait..." screen and not the login timer then you should have just tried to reconnect, I don't get the countdown when I have been disconnected legitimately by a flaky server.

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. I get the login timer every time for any reason. And yes I include the times I log into a server where I have red latency and simply can't play. Why is this even up for debate...if people are complaining don't you think it might be because it's an issue?

Try not to server hop so much.

Ok so we're gonna do the thing where I say yes and you say nu uh...

I guess it's my turn...KTHXBAI

...edit spelling

Edited by yardpro

Huh.. seems like you're the only one having consistent server lag, unless you're joining servers with high pings. The server browser, by default, puts a ping limit of 100 on the listing filter. The server change timer also only lasts 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of waiting you should have alt+f4-ed and tried again.

I did. Repeatedly.

What's the point of posting a reply if you don't read the initial post?

You spent an hour and a half staring at your computer on the wait screen!?

Edited by knoCC
  • Like 5

I lost connection twice last night and had the wait screen while logging back into the same server.  Not a big deal, but I don't think it can detect a disconnect compared to an F4.  Anyone else know the truth?

On a side note, i legitimately logged off in a bush (after sitting for a while to make sure i'm safe), but when i logged back in later my character was not in the bush/tree but a significant distance from where i logged out.  This happened to me three times, anyone else seeing this?

You spent an hour and a half staring at your computer on the wait screen!?

Another winner that can't read...no... I played WoW and GW2...from the looks of the intelligence level here I think I might be better off with the 12 year olds in Azeroth.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. I get the login timer every time for any reason. And yes I include the times I log into a server where I have red latency and simply can't play. Why is this even up for debate...if people are complaining don't you think it might be because it's an issue?

You should only get the login timer if you disconnected from a server or died within 30 minutes of joining it. That timer has a maximum limit of 5 minutes. If it was the "Please wait..." screen without a countdown that usually only occurs at server restart but I guess it could be a glitch, in which case you just need to reconnect.

P.S. You didn't even try pressing escape to go back to the server browser and reconnect? Not once in 90 minutes?

I lost connection twice last night and had the wait screen while logging back into the same server.  Not a big deal, but I don't think it can detect a disconnect compared to an F4.  Anyone else know the truth?

I don't know how flaky it is, but so far the 3-4 times I have been disconnected from the server end and not my (client) end I have been able to reconnect without having to wait.

On a side note, i legitimately logged off in a bush (after sitting for a while to make sure i'm safe), but when i logged back in later my character was not in the bush/tree but a significant distance from where i logged out.  This happened to me three times, anyone else seeing this?

Yes this is definitely something I experience, I would recommend staying still for a while before logging out. I usually just try to feel out 30 seconds, that way I log back in precisely where I logged out. Edited by DarkwaveDomina

Try reporting it as a bug then instead of posting it as a massive rant about developer priorities. Your case is obviously an exception, since I haven't seen anyone else experiencing this problem on such a scale. And please try to restrain your indignation that the devs aren't on this 24/7 just because you just happen to have encountered this problem, because it seems somewhat out of proportion.

Edited by BadAsh

You should only get the login timer if you disconnected from a server or died within 30 minutes of joining it. That timer has a maximum limit of 5 minutes. If it was the "Please wait..." screen without a countdown that usually only occurs at server restart but I guess it could be a glitch, in which case you just need to reconnect.

HOLY COW.

I didn't get a 90 minute wait screen...I got Multiple 5 minute wait screens...

Do you people only read txt speek?

cuz if u wnt I cn tlk lyk u

Another winner that can't read...no... I played WoW and GW2...from the looks of the intelligence level here I think I might be better off with the 12 year olds in Azeroth.

You certainly act like one!

Instead of trying to seek help for your problem, take advice, or answer questions that might lead you to a solution you choose to wallow in your tantrum.

alt ctrl del, alt f4, physical disconnect via router, or disconnect in game is all the same. patch notes for next build looks like the logout location with login location should be fixed.

Known issue. From the latest experimental list

Systems: Players position was not saving on disconnect

Happened to me in some really bad places. Lucked out so far.

alt ctrl del, alt f4, physical disconnect via router, or disconnect in game is all the same. patch notes for next build looks like the logout location with login location should be fixed.

Thanks man.

Try reporting it as a bug then instead of posting it as a massive rant about developer priorities. Your case is obviously an exception, since I haven't seen anyone else experiencing this problem on such a scale. And please try to restrain your indignation that the devs aren't on this 24/7 just because you just happen to have encountered this problem, because it seems somewhat out of proportion.

First off...not a rant.

Second...not a bug.

If you had read before replying you would see that I mentioned multiple people losing connections...on multiple servers...getting dc'd while I was logged in...

Multiple and Isolated are not the same thing.

I didn't get a 90 minute wait screen...I got Multiple 5 minute wait screens...

In that case I go back to not being nice to you any more because I have never had a login timer after legitimately disconnecting, see my first response: "I see a lot of people creating accounts today to whine about the anti-combat logger and anti-server hopper protections. ;) " It must suck not being able to farm gear like you used to, try not server-hopping so much and you won't get told to wait for 90 minutes.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

You certainly act like one!

Instead of trying to seek help for your problem, take advice, or answer questions that might lead you to a solution you choose to wallow in your tantrum.

What tantrum? I'm pointing out a problem...then I get replies from lazy people who don't read a post before commenting on it.

I treat you the way you treat me...

We can go on...

In that case I go back to not being nice to you any more because I have never had a login timer after legitimately disconnecting, see my first response: "I see a lot of people creating accounts today to whine about the anti-combat logger and anti-server hopper protections. ;) " It must suck not being able to farm gear like you used to, try not server-hopping so much and you won't get told to wait for 90 minutes.

You theory is silly.

Why would anyone spend time crossing the map to get gear to run to the coast to get KoS'd?

Little kids will do that the same way they play god mode in a game then they get bored and play the way it's meant to be played.

The fact that you keep talking about gear leads me to believe that YOU feel that it's very important.

Why is this even up for debate...if people are complaining don't you think it might be because it's an issue?

That doesn't mean the issue is in any way the Developer's problem. It sounds like you have either a crappy internet connection and/or are connecting to the worst servers with the highest ping. While I do get kicked out of the game more often in the SA than in the Mod I have a really easy work around for it. I find a server with a better and more consistent ping and log into that and the problem goes away OR I check my connection to my ISP and see if my Modem/Router needs a reboot to clear up some issue on my end.

Sweetheart you can be whatever you want.

Seems to me YOU have some weird fascination with gear.

I on the other hand simply want to play a game instead of looking at a blank screen.

The fact that you keep talking about gear leads me to believe that YOU feel that it's very important.

I just find it extremely amusing that lots of one-post-wonders are crawling out of the woodwork, today of all days, making complaints about the new protections. It's almost like they're working.

• Like 3