Sign in to follow this  
IkaikaKekai

Standing on Tip Toes/Stretching

Did a quick search even though I'm sure this has been suggested at least once before.  We can lean (Q & E) to look around walls without exposing our entire body (or at all if we use 3rd person).  I play mostly in first person and was on a server scavenging when I tried to look inside a window of a house to see if it had any loot at all (since it's kind of a crap shoot now) my head was just bellow the windowsill and I couldn't see in.  I did this with a few houses and though, "Man, why can't I tip toe?"

I propose being able to tiptoe/stretch in order to gain a few more inches in the possibility to see inside a building through a window or over a 'low' wall.  I would have the default to be Q + E as the bind, and that you wouldn't be able to shoot/fire while on tip toes (I think you can fire while leaning but not sure, never had a need for it).

EDIT

'Stretching' would also work while prone, to just lift your head up a little to hopefully see over the grass.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 2

With the lack of jumping and the ability for items to spawn at places just outside your reach (I'm look at you, top floor of the apartments) I think this would be a great alternative. It makes sense that you can't jump with 50+ kilo gear at your back but stand on your toes.

• Like 1

Yes this is a great idea , also I would like them to incorporate a "squat" button , so that it would be height wise , in between crouching and standing ( like when you move forward while crouching you're at the height I'm talking about ). Beans doctor