Sign in to follow this  
freelove

Login Timeout Needs Fixing

Ok, I understand why they have instituted the Login Timeout. I even agree with it. However they need to institute some form of accumulating length of timeout for each re-log.  And, everyone should get one free re-log.  I mention this, because I often can't play for very long, and had this situation last night.  I tried to join some buddies playing, but went to the wrong server. I logged out and had to wait 5 minutes to play, when I logged on to the correct server, something with my aiming vision was glitched. I had to re-log to fix it. another 5 minute wait to play.  so with only 20 minutes to play yesterday, I spent 10 minutes waiting. That sucks

I propose:

1st re-log is free

2nd re-log is 60 second penalty

3rd re-log is 120 second penalty

4th re-log is 240 second penalty

5th re-log is 300 (or more) penalty

Also, playing or not playing (being logged out) for 30 minutes wipes all accrued penalties.

There's my 2 cents.

Try to get right the first time then..

Meanwhile, on the other side i totally agree with you.

They can't cater to everyone.

I feel most people wouldn't bother to boot up Dayz knowing they only had 20 minutes to play. 

• Like 1

Login timer, in theory, is a great idea.

In practice, it needs some tweaking. Sometimes my client bugs with serious desync issues. Sometimes I join the wrong server where my buddy is. I don't server hop for loot, and somehow, I still end up waiting a lot.

You can't solve every situation, but I find myself in this situation more often than I'm comfortable with.

I agree one penalty free server swap would be nice. It's hardly a server hopping but sometimes it just has to be done. 

I agree there has been more than 1 time tham me or me and a freind have had to change severs for one reason or another

sometimes we have had to move 3 or 4 time untill we get a server that both of us can use properly

Ok, I understand why they have instituted the Login Timeout. I even agree with it. However they need to institute some form of accumulating length of timeout for each re-log.  And, everyone should get one free re-log.  I mention this, because I often can't play for very long, and had this situation last night.  I tried to join some buddies playing, but went to the wrong server. I logged out and had to wait 5 minutes to play, when I logged on to the correct server, something with my aiming vision was glitched. I had to re-log to fix it. another 5 minute wait to play.  so with only 20 minutes to play yesterday, I spent 10 minutes waiting. That sucks

I propose:

1st re-log is free

2nd re-log is 60 second penalty

3rd re-log is 120 second penalty

4th re-log is 240 second penalty

5th re-log is 300 (or more) penalty

Also, playing or not playing (being logged out) for 30 minutes wipes all accrued penalties.

There's my 2 cents

Although you make a good point about timer increases, I disagree with having a free relog first time round. I think the accumulative effect of both the combat log timer of 30 seconds and the server hop prevention timer go along way to aslo stifle ghosting. Also you have to think about the fact a players character now stays in the game for 30 seconds after you log. If there is no waiting penalty for hopping the player would essentially be leaving a copy of himself(although for a short amount of time) on a different server. This may allow for duping. Can you also  imagine the number of people complaining because they got into a new server and then were killed on the old one because someone came across their char sat in a bush and died instantly on the new server? we would have 100s of threads popping up.

Edited by MartinD

Login timer needs help forsure... i dont know military time so i have to join to see if its day and then i have to wait forever its BS

They can't cater to everyone.

I feel most people wouldn't bother to boot up Dayz knowing they only had 20 minutes to play. 

Ha, yes unfortunately as a married man with several kids and a steady job, I can't always devote hours to playing.  But, I do like to get my daily fix of DayZ. 

Although you make a good point about timer increases, I disagree with having a free relog first time round. I think the accumulative effect of both the combat log timer of 30 seconds and the server hop prevention timer go along way to aslo stifle ghosting. Also you have to think about the fact a players character now stays in the game for 30 seconds after you log. If there is no waiting penalty for hopping the player would essentially be leaving a copy of himself(although for a short amount of time) on a different server. This may allow for duping. Can you also  imagine the number of people complaining because they got into a new server and then were killed on the old one because someone came across their char sat in a bush and died instantly on the new server? we would have 100s of threads popping up.

I understand the problem of ghosting, There are instances where people need to re-log right away.  Even a 30 second wait for the first time would be way better than a five minute whack in the face.  While playing with my buddies last night, all very serious players, we had to wait for a dude to re-log for five minutes cause of a video issue. it would be easy to have dealt with 30 seconds. but five minutes for the first is awful. 

O.K, this log-in timer made me so anoyed I went and played something else. This is how it went... first log in.. can't crouch, can't activate a weapon, everything in my inventory goes into "recieving"... obviously this server is lagging, so i log to find another one.. 300 second wait. fine.. i will sit here and read a book for 300 seconds..finally logs in.. server yet again, lags, i can crouch this time, but still no weapons,..not liking this (can hear a Zombie near by and i can't kill it ) so i re log.. 270 seconds.... back to reading the book... finally log in on this server.. realize that somehow my revolver with attached speed loader has been dropped on the other server.. (oh great...) so im down to my axe and 9130.. can crouch, can't activate any weapons.. still can hear the near by zombie.. im not dying out here (and it looks llike im going to need to go back and find another revolver) I can't eat, I can't drink.. so i log out and go play Fallen Earth for 6 hours..  Seriously guys, this is supposed to be an ALPHA development..save this time countdown penalty B.S for the Beta. If my connectivity sucks then i need to server hop to find one that i can actually deploy a weapon.

Login System Is borked. Why are we being forced to play in 30 minute increments? Why don't you just make it so that if you get attacked you can't log out for x seconds? Idk who this is attacking, but you are attacking all the wrong people. We already have enough problems with desyncing. Now with this new bug of player delayed spawns, sometimes I will start lagging in a area for no apparent reason, with no desync icon showing up. And suddenly poof the new player appeared that was probably waiting there for 300 seconds.

I work alot and I used to play 10 mins here, and 15 mins there. And sometimes, during joining I accidentally hit escape which cancels me joining the server. But GUESS WHAT, now I have to wait 300 freaking seconds or what ever it is, to even join the same server?! If this respawn restriction stays I am not even playing. I don't know why you are dictating to your players how long they can play. What if they want to join their friends on a different server? Who are you to punish them. Bad enough there is lack of objectives outside of just living. Worse, sometimes I alt tab to check my work email and when I get back I've been killed already because I didn't switch back in time for the timer to end. 

Let me tell you, I've played the game less because of this dumb ass approach to restricting players hopping around.Which by the way is due to item spawns being borked. Instead of worrying about people jumping around, why don't you worry about figuring out how to spawn new weapons without all your servers forcing restarts every 4 hours. Which is ridiculous for you to even ask your players to do that host servers to begin with. Also worry about desync issues.