Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

SkS Semi Automatic mode?

So i press T to switch modes and it still does single fire mode on the SKS. Isn't it supposed to be semi automatic? Like iv pressed it and it still does single burst it seems like. Feels like a slightly lesser version of a Mosin. Maybe im just doing something wrong?

Semi automatic means that it reloads itself after each shot. There is no fully automatic mode for the SKS (unless modified. irl that is.)

• Like 1

Semi automatic means that it reloads itself after each shot. There is no fully automatic mode for the SKS (unless modified. irl that is.)

Oh i thought it had a burst mode kind of like what the M4A1 has.

If thats the case might just stick with the Mosin till something better pops up.

Cause it really does feel like im just playing with another version of the mosin with slight less range on it right now. Although ppl are saying its deadlier in close combat. However i dont go on high pop pvp servers so my enemies are mainly zombies.

Ok i just got confused some weapons have a burst mode as well.

Edited by Deathlove

Oh i thought it had a burst mode kind of like what the M4A1 has.

If thats the case might just stick with the Mosin till something better pops up.

Cause it really does feel like im just playing with another version of the mosin with slight less range on it right now. Although ppl are saying its deadlier in close combat. However i dont go on high pop pvp servers so my enemies are mainly zombies.

Being semi automatic, the SKS fires about as fast as you can pull the trigger. It is a really, really good thing in between the M4A1 and the Mosin. I prefer the SKS.

• Like 1

Being semi automatic, the SKS fires about as fast as you can pull the trigger. It is a really, really good thing in between the M4A1 and the Mosin. I prefer the SKS.

Idk im enjoying the new mosin sound allot though. Also camoing your weapon dosn't gimp you anymore. SKS needs camo options eventually to. :)

Ok i just got confused some weapons have a burst mode as well.

The mosin is bolt action, you can shoot once every second, second and a half. With the SKS, you can shoot nearly as fast as you can click the mouse.

The mosin is bolt action, you can shoot once every second, second and a half. With the SKS, you can shoot nearly as fast as you can click the mouse.

Yeah i just got the phrase mixed up i wikied it.

I think i was thinking of "Battle Rifles" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_rifle

Edited by Deathlove

Yeah i just got the phrase mixed up i wikied it.

I think i was thinking of "Battle Rifles" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_rifle

Well the SKS is considered to be a battle rifle. Coincidentally so is the Mosin. The M4 is most commonly refered to as an Assault Rifle (which means f*ck all because you assault someone with a BB gun) which means (9 times out of 10) that it has a full auto mode.

A battle rifle does not need to be fully auto to be considered a battle rifle.

Firing modes are not fully functional yet the T key doesnt work without a pain in the ass workaround.

Single shot: one trigger pull, must reload (some shotguns not in game)

Double barrel single shot: Two barrels each with one shell, pull trigger to fire each (in game shotgun)

Bolt action: The round must be ejected manually after every shot, by pulling back the 'bolt'. Pushing the bolt forward moves the next round in the magazine into the chamber. (Mosin)

Semiautomatic: Reloads itself after every trigger pull, continue to pull trigger. (SKS, eventually the M4)

Burst fire: Fire 3-6 round bursts (depends on gun) for every trigger pull (M4 some day)

Full auto/ automatic: Continues firing while you hold the trigger until you are out of amo, or let go of the trigger (M4 default)

Eventually the M4 will be able to toggle between 3 round burst-fire, Semiautomatic, and full auto.

Full auto is useful for clearing area by filling it full of led, burst fire is an attempt at a happy medium to conserve amo during war-times it was used to help people not empty entire clips at targets they may not be able to hit. Semiautomatic is for control and bullet conservation.

This is the basic rundown. I hope someone finds it helpful.

TLDR:

• Mosin =Bolt action
  • SKS = Semiautomatic
  • M4 = Automatic, (in the future burst, and Semiautomatic)

Edit:

Bolt action

Simi automatic

Break open

Full auto

http://youtu.be/72SaqSxK6P8?t=54s

Edited by Judopunch
  • Like 1

Firing modes are not fully functional yet the T key doesnt work without a pain in the ass workaround.

Single shot: one trigger pull, must reload (some shotguns not in game)

Double barrel single shot: Two barrels each with one shell, pull trigger to fire each (in game shotgun)

Bolt action: The round must be ejected manually after every shot, by pulling back the 'bolt'. Pushing the bolt forward moves the next round in the magazine into the chamber. (Mosin)

Semiautomatic: Reloads itself after every trigger pull, continue to pull trigger. (SKS, eventually the M4)

Burst fire: Fire 3-6 round bursts (depends on gun) for every trigger pull (M4 some day)

Full auto/ automatic: Continues firing while you hold the trigger until you are out of amo, or let go of the trigger (M4 default)

Eventually the M4 will be able to toggle between 3 round burst-fire, Semiautomatic, and full auto.

Full auto is useful for clearing area by filling it full of led, burst fire is an attempt at a happy medium to conserve amo during war-times it was used to help people not empty entire clips at targets they may not be able to hit. Semiautomatic is for control and bullet conservation.

This is the basic rundown. I hope someone finds it helpful.

TLDR:

• Mosin =Bolt action
  • SKS = Semiautomatic
  • M4 = Automatic, (in the future burst, and Semiautomatic)

Edit:

Bolt action

Simi automatic

Break open

Full auto

http://youtu.be/72SaqSxK6P8?t=54s

Actually yeah, thanks this clears allot of stuff up.

Well the SKS is considered to be a battle rifle.

I don't consider it a "battle rifle". As it says on Wiki:

"A battle rifle is a select fire or semi-automatic military service rifle that fires a full-power rifle cartridge, such as 7.62x51mm NATO."

The SKS uses an intermediate cartridge. As such it doesn't fit that definition of "battle rifle" any more than the AK-47 does.

• Like 1

Bolt action: The bolt is pulled back and pushed forward to eject the empty shell and load a new round in the chamber. 

Semi automatic: the internal action cycles through and as the trigger is pulled, the empty shell is ejected and a new round is loaded into the chamber.  You can shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Burst: Usually 2-3 rounds fired with each trigger pull.

Fully automatic: Every time you pull the trigger, a round is fired and a new round is loaded into the chamber.  You can either press the trigger for each shot or hold it down to shoot until the magazine is empty.

Bolt action: The bolt is pulled back and pushed forward to eject the empty shell and load a new round in the chamber. 

Semi automatic: the internal action cycles through and as the trigger is pulled, the empty shell is ejected and a new round is loaded into the chamber.  You can shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Burst: Usually 2-3 rounds fired with each trigger pull.

Fully automatic: Every time you pull the trigger, a round is fired and a new round is loaded into the chamber.  You can either press the trigger for each shot or hold it down to shoot until the magazine is empty.

Yeah i thought it did a kind of burst mode. Would be cool but i could see it better with the current M4A1 model.