Kinesis

Why I love This Game

This is going to be very long, but let me start this off by saying what makes DayZ so different than any other game (To me).

The adrenaline rush, the absolutely pure adrenaline rush you get from anything, even when you get in a fist fight with someone or a fire fight it's intense as hell.

You start shaking, you get tunnel vision, and all you're thinking of is whether to run away or stand your ground, either way you want to survive more than the other guy.

The Back Story:

I hopped on the game like it was any other day to me, the update came out so I was excited to grab one of the new guns and enjoy the more stable gameplay.

I spawned near Berezino and started my trek off into the town, slowly collecting gear as I went.

I was doing pretty decent but I still couldn't find a suffient weapon after a few hours, I believe I'm cursed because I simply can't find guns unless I take them from another player.

So I checked out the map and saw the North East Airfield nearby and decided I might as well go find something there or die trying.

Why I Love This Game:

I was in one of the barracks at the NEAF; the one with the prison cell in it.

I was on the second floor in the hallway checking out some loot there, when all of a sudden a few bullets wizzed by me and hit the wall.

I hit the deck as fast as possible and crawled to the window.

Occasionally I looked up through the window to see if I could spot the nasty bugger that shot at me.

I assumed because of the angle he must be in the general sniping spot at this airfield; if I remember anything from the mod and that he had to have had an SKS because it was about 2-3 shots close together, and there was no way an M4 was doing it at this distance.

I laid there for approximately 20 minutes occasionally peaking out to see if he stands up.

Low and behold he did eventually and he was exactly where I figured, at the stone wall looking right at me.

I laid back down and angled myself to the wall so I could crawl down the stairs without him seeing me and got out of the building.

At this point I was determined.

"I'm going to flank this asshole for shooting at me for fun"

Now through all this I did manage to grab an FNX and a single magazine so i wasn't decked out by any means, but I thought to myself.

"Hey if I grab and bag this guy not only will I teach him a lesson I'll grab a sweet new gun"

So I started my way into the tree line looking back and making sure my angle was right for him to miss where I was. (Turns out it was somewhat pointless, he had no scope at all)

My character kept on saying how hungry and thirsty he was, I said

"We'll rest soon my friend"

I wrapped around the entire airfield the slow way but sure way and just kept saying to myself.

"I will get this one"

Once I made it to the hill where he was I walked slowly up the back so I could be directly behind him.

I was maybe 40 meters off from him when I finally saw him sitting at that damned stone wall.

I wasn't going to take a chance with this pistol though so I waited there watching him waiting for the perfect moment to book it at him.

When out of no where his friend server hops on right next to him.

I could faintly hear them chatting about how good the new SKS is and that you can totally snipe from here no problem.

Fun part was they were 12, maybe 13 years old, so to me this was all the amount better. (Not that I hate kids but look what they're doing in this game I mean come on)

So I watched them a bit longer, his friend had an SKS himself.

They were both pretty equally decked out, helmet, backpack, SKS's they've been at it for quite a while for how much they had.

Eventually I found my moment when they both shouldered their weapons for a drink.

I pulled out my pistol and bolted at them, I was about 15 meters away when one of them saw me.

I screamed into my mic

"HELL NO!"

I popped him immediately in the head.

At this point I had tunnel vision up the ying yang and had the adrenaline rush of my life.

The other one was a bit more of a challenge though, he was trying to hide behind a tree freaking out and trying to get his rifle out.

I kept firing until I was out of ammo.

I eventually ran up to him and he had bled out.

I grabbed as much of their gear as I could hold and ran.

Boy let me tell you I ran like Forrest Gump, I ran and ran and ran until I hit the ocean.

I sat down next to a bush, I ate and drank and checked out the new gun and threw on the PU scope I had been saving for it.

After Math:

First thing I did was light up a smoke.

I don't think I've had sweeter tobacco before and it was nice.

I had gotten off the game to access what had happened.

With a massive smile on my face I say this.

This game is amazing!

So that's my story as far as it went, I hope you enjoyed it and enjoy the game.

It's got a boat load of problems but you can have a great time, you just need to endure breaking your legs a few times and clipping into buildings that aren't enterable.

That did happen to me once I glitched into a building and couldn't get out, I had to starve my character to get out.

My next plan of action with this life is to horde a bunch of food and drink and go back to Berezino and hand it out to some new players and get them a decent start, and I'll have my trusty SKS to enforce the law to some bandits that sit around the town.

Best of luck!

• Like 10

Utter Garbage.

Your first post.. and you post that?   Troll much?

@Kinesis - Nice read.... nice!

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 1

Ignore the guy above me hes a troll. It was an interesting story, this is what makes dayz. Well done for teaching those kids a lesson though. The feeling of killing someone that shot at you unprovoked is amazing.

Edit: i mean flash crash not the actualy guy above.

Edited by NinjaTurkey

Do you guys find it awesome to actually read stories of other people experience when they play DayZ? Man, I enjoy reading people own stories that I would want to grab a popcorn, sit back, relax and read other people's stories on the forms (like were in right now), Reddit, or watch a couple videos of their own personel experience on Youtube.

The adrenaline rush, the absolutely pure adrenaline rush you get from anything, even when you get in a fist fight with someone or a fire fight it's intense as hell.

You start shaking, you get tunnel vision, and all you're thinking of is whether to run away or stand your ground, either way you want to survive more than the other guy.

That experience you just felt was something you never experience as in most gaming at the time. I would have to argue this game could tell you a better storytelling that is way more better than Hollywood movies or TV shows. I'm arguing this because the players could tell them a story that is a unique and it feel way different than playing a single-player game story-line. It interesting to see other player tell their own story, is it?

Edited by LDClaudius

Good story... So true the stories and "real" events are what make this game truely unique and fun.

I got my first kill this morning... was strolling into a small town of Dolina.  Very low pop server (2, including me).  Trying to find some yellow protection cases.   While I scoped out the town for a min or two from the tree line, figured the odds of running into the other player was remote.

Almost to the first house and see the red streak run from a tree to a tree, then behind a fence... By the time I figured out it was a survivor he was pulling out an axe and ran away form the fence... plugged 15 m4 rounds in him, 5 of which into a bush his feet were sticking out of...

Suffice to say I was a bit startled and nervous, lost my m4 each time before being able to use it...  very jumpy with most of the gear I wanted.

Afterwards I had a small amount of guilt, he only had an axe and I should have communicated... it just didn't occur to me in the moment... live (or die) and learn.

The most "real" behavior I have had in any game.

Edited by TwinSpire
  • Like 1

Suffice to say I was a bit startled and nervous, lost my m4 each time before being able to use it...  very jumpy with most of the gear I wanted.

Afterwards I had a small amount of guilt, he only had an axe and I should have communicated... it just didn't occur to me in the moment... live (or die) and learn.

You get used to it more or less.

Everyone plays the bandit at one point or another and as you get a better handle on the game you start to play the hero/bandit.

As you can see though from my own story, I'm not a perfect player though..

Not to be cocky but I'm good, I've been playing since the release of the mod and played arma 2 before hand so I know how the combat works.

As far as guilt goes...well yeah there's so much value on our items because it takes so long and is such a challenge to get them that you hold with them with dear life.

Edited by Kinesis

wow, this is a really cool and interesting story... great read and best of luck on future journeys. 

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

I've been doing my patrols now in Berezino, keeping the streets safe for noobs.