ch33zys4ck

Realism suggestions

As the title says, I think it could be great to have a post that list many ideas that the community would want to see in future DayZ to make it more realistic. Even though developpers have better things to do, if they are looking for some stuff like this in the futureit will be here, like when the game is almost finished (if they finish it one day) or something.

As for example, i'd find it cool to be able to use items like canteens while walking but not while running (at this time your character stops moving when you drink from it).Loot should have spawn location based on chances see them at certain place you could see them in real life (like matches in the kitchen, but no boots in the kitchen -- next to a door or on a shelf. There should in my opinion exist more houses with 'jackpot' kinda thing with a lot of loot in it, like if the people who 'lived' there wouldn't have time to take a lot of things, but there would be less loot in other houses or building.

Give some ideas or criticism in the comments below!

• Like 2

Yea sound goods, especially about jackpot homes as if something like that happened, most people will be killed in their homes or leave with basic essentials to survive

i'd find it cool to be able to use items like canteens while walking but not while running (at this time your character stops moving when you drink from it).

I climb mountains practically every week -- and very rarely, if ever, do I not stop when I take a drink. Just saying.

Walking while drinking is sort of a fumbling experience.

As for more realistic loot spawns, yes. I've always found it weird that loot spawns so predictably in some places, and never in others. That, and when you walk in, nonsensical crap is just lying on the floor.

Also, I'd like to see the oh-so-necessary "pilgrimage to a military base" eventually be done away with. Successfully infiltrating and looting a military base on an empty server should not be the "I win" button that it is now.

Edited by carcinovich

Jackpot-loot is a good idea. I've been thinking about roughly the same thing; that sometimes at least some types of loot should have higher probability of spawning, if same type of loot is already present etc. For example, it would make sense to find larger quantities of ammunition if you find anything at all. Same thing with guns. I suppose that people who own one gun have proportionally higher change of owning another.

• Like 1

It may be silly, but: if we're eating/drinking so much, shouldn't the character need the bathroom?

How like life: picture a clan of you about to do a raid, then "Hang on, guys, I gotta piss!" :D

Edited by sacrdandprofne
  • Like 1