Sign in to follow this  
SxeDave

SKS or M4A1?

Found an SKS and currently looking for ammo. If I find an M4 should I swap it for that?

The SKS is seen as a middle ground between the mosin and the M4. So if you want to spray and pray alot get the M4, if you want quick but aimed shots with a decent amount of damage behind them then keep the SKS.

Nothing beats running around a corner and holding down the trigger for instant skillz.

M4

I just dropped my Mosin for a SKS but haven't got to test it out yet. Ammo does seem hard to come by though. I got 90 rounds for it and cant seem to find anymore lol.

I just dropped my Mosin for a SKS but haven't got to test it out yet. Ammo does seem hard to come by though. I got 90 rounds for it and cant seem to find anymore lol.

You won't need any more than that...in fact i'd argue that you don't need 90 rounds

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 2

The SKS is seen as a middle ground between the mosin and the M4. So if you want to spray and pray alot get the M4, if you want quick but aimed shots with a decent amount of damage behind them then keep the SKS.

Yea when im in a firefight I would definitely like to do that because thats what most of the community uses so I need to ability just to stay even. I did find an M4 and swapped it out but I do want to at least shoot the sks so ill probably find another one and use the 14 rds I have for it on some zombies.

Let me get some XD I only have 14. 

You won't need any more than that...in fact i'd argue that you don't need 90 rounds

Just a ROUND estimate?

Someone kill me. I hate my pun-reflexes.

Just ended a play session that yielded me 3 SKS kills and I have to say I prefer it over the M4 now. Although in each scenario I had the upper hand, so the M4 probably works better in a frantic situation.

Metal BB gun! .....Oops wrong gun...

Metal BB gun! .....Oops wrong gun...

I wish they had BB guns in dayz...that would be the ultimate trolling tool. 

Maybe I'm a shitty shot but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 400 plus meters with the M4. This was with all pristine parts and an ACOG. At 200-300 meters it was very accurate though.

I haven't had time to try out the SKS yet but I think it may be my go to weapon. A Mosin with a LRS is of limited use to me as I don't snipe unwary players (although it's great for scouting) and I try to avoid CQB so the M4 isn't great for me either. I think the SKS may be a good compromise of power and range that will fit my play style.

Maybe I'm a shitty shot but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 400 plus meters with the M4. This was with all pristine parts and an ACOG. At 200-300 meters it was very accurate though.

I haven't had time to try out the SKS yet but I think it may be my go to weapon. A Mosin with a LRS is of limited use to me as I don't snipe unwary players (although it's great for scouting) and I try to avoid CQB so the M4 isn't great for me either. I think the SKS may be a good compromise of power and range that will fit my play style.

Most likely you are not a shitty shot but just got the wrong attachments. With MP handguard, MP buttstock and bipod you are ridiculously accurate out to ~700 meters.

• Like 1

Comerade! Join with us to rid this land of imperial influence!

Chinese-SKS-bayonet-image.jpg

Wow...

So much wrong with... Just, wow.

Most likely you are not a shitty shot but just got the wrong attachments. With MP handguard, MP buttstock and bipod you are ridiculously accurate out to ~700 meters.

That's a little...odd. Thanks for letting me know though. I've seen very few MP parts in my 60 hours or so of playing. 

That's a little...odd. Thanks for letting me know though. I've seen very few MP parts in my 60 hours or so of playing. 

Yea they are quiet rare.