Sign in to follow this  
wullybee

Running up hill

Probably been mentioned before, but it's so infuriating when your player stops on a hill that's hardly even steep to walk up. For a game that strivecs for realism this should be changed imo. Maybe slow the player down a bit going up hill, maybe make him use more food/drink etc. Regardless, a man only being able to walk uphill at a slow pace just isn't good enough, especially if you're being shot at or zombies on your ass.

• Like 2

How long can you run uphill for with x lbs of equipment on your back?  

Today I ran for the bus 15m (+ or -) and wasnt out of breath and I was chuffed at that.

Agreed . But until they develop some type of stamina system I'm sure they won't even address the issue seeing as it isn't a game breaker but don't worry mate it's in the back of everyone's minds haha.

Today I ran for the bus 15m (+ or -) and wasnt out of breath and I was chuffed at that.

Firefighters carry 50+ pounds of weight up stairs and through burning buildings . Army/marine carry the same if not more pounds of gear and can run all over the damn Middle East with it . I'm sure our hearty survivors who are immune to an apocalyptic disease can run uphill just a wee bit faster hahaha. Like I said I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of getting around to it , cuz although we all know its harder to run up hill , it isn't THAT hard and it does impede on realism .. Think of it would you really slowly walk up a hill just cuz you don't want your calves burning even though a bandits shooting at your ass ? Edited by Grapefruit kush

Two ways run faster. Press "W" + "D" or "A".

Or change weapon.

Edited by NoCheats

Given that I was C-Coy 6RROS I can and have done it for extended periods of time. Even if I hadnt and was just your every day civvie, I reckon I could go for 5-10 minutes uphill which even that in-game would be fine.

So you can sprint for hours on flat surface, but you can't jog up a little hill? I mean come on... even if I was tired, I wouldn't do such tiny steps when going up the hill, but would bend a little bit on my knees and climb, which would still be faster than what's going on right now.

Edited by yogi92
  • Like 1

I agree how it should be altered.  In the mod it was decent that you could at least jog up the hill, now the slightest degree of elevation change makes your character walk.  Pretty derpy.

yeah it is good suggestion if in some one tries to shoot you in real life your adrenalin would be so high you couldnt even think about walking
i think it is good that hills slows you down but it makes you walk is bad jogging on hill is fine

That's one problem that ARMA 2 has. It would be cool if you could run up a hills or up stairs like in ARMA 3. But i also would say they should wait so long the weight system do not exist.

Edited by Jeer