rokaraged

Everyone please get a mic!

Please.....PLEASE consider investing in a mic if you are interested in this game!

24 murders this past 2 days. A huge majority of them was simply because I could not trust the person on the opposite side of the barrel because they could not communicate.

I don't like to bandit nor do a huge part of the community, but if you cannot communicate, even nice people will shoot you in the game because there's a huge veil of uncertainty.

Not only would you be posing a huge risk to yourself by not using a mic, but you are missing out on a huge gameplay experience. A lot of the actual cinematic moments in this game involve Mic communication. Instead of getting shot at, You may find someone to work or trade with.

Yes it is possible to communicate via typing, but its not exactly the most effcient form of conversation during fights or standoffs with other survivors.

I've met a russian player who could not speak english well and had to use a microphone. Was a nice fella who only died due to lack of blood and zombies. A shame.

Whatever happened to direct chat?

Direct chat works, just clumsily.

No one can type and shoot/run from zombie simultaneously.

One may take too long to type "friendly" before I blast them. Simple.

Short time window I know, but its all it takes.

i just started here a few days ago and i do have a mix and would never be without it

so far i found 2 people using it the rest that im trying to talk to end mainly in me beeing dead a few seconds / minutes later..

im friendly of nature and refuse to bandit but i feel most people just shoot before asking and hope they kill one..

i had an experience here today was shot at from close while i was beeing chased by a zombie while i just started bleeding. he shot zombie and i said thanks and asked if i could offer him some food or water for the troubble.. over the mic.. but no response.. while i was bandaging myself and taking my last painkiller to subdue the bleeding and shaking.. after doing so i ate some cooked meat that i had made earlier to get my blood up he just stood there i asked again friendly? no answer and 2 seconds later i was dead (hourglass thing) he got to me and just stood there when hourglass was run out my character got up and he shot me to die fully ... such a bummer

I take a rigourous stance in this: whenever Im in the process of 'getting to know' someone I find he doesn't have a mic, because he either chats or doesn't respond I tell him: 'sorry dude, this game is more fun when people have mics. Go and buy one, this should help'. Bang.

Im hoping to get everyone to buy mics, will make Day Z even more fun. At the core though, yeah, I shoot people who can't/don't communicate because I can't tell if they pose a threat to me.

Direct chat works' date=' just clumsily.

[/quote']

No issue there. If I don't hear a voice... they're dead. Simple as that, if you can't get a 5$ mic, then don't complain when you get killed for safety reasons. If I don't hear your voice... the tiny possibility of you living just shrank to none, you're not walking away.

Direct chat works' date=' just clumsily.

[/quote']

No issue there. If I don't hear a voice... they're dead. Simple as that, if you can't get a 5$ mic, then don't complain when you get killed for safety reasons. If I don't hear your voice... the tiny possibility of you living just shrank to none, you're not walking away.

Exactly. In the time it takes someone to type something in chat, they've already been shot.

Sadly ingame voice communication seems to be not loud enough.

I have SB Sigma tactic3D headphones with MIC, have no troubles in Teamspeak 3 (everyone can hear me just fine) but in DayZ, I hear and I am heard rather quiet which is bad.

Any tips how to make ingame voice louder? I've put all ingame settings to max (radio,voip etc), have mic on max volume in windows setting and not sure what else to do. My headphones are connected via USB thingie which got its own sound car I think.

how do you set up the mic for this game i have one ' date=' is it just plug and play?

[/quote']

Yes. It just works. Press caps lock to send

I may have broken ports for my headset on my tower, so i have to hook it up with a mono extension cord, restricting me to one ear for sound, which isn't ideal for when i use zombie sounds to sneak around. I will grab one at a store soon though :D

I may have broken ports for my headset on my tower' date=' so i have to hook it up with a mono extension cord, restricting me to one ear for sound, which isn't ideal for when i use zombie sounds to sneak around. I will grab one at a store soon though :D

[/quote']

Many headsets these days are USB.

An alternative for those with no mic or like me, no real ability to effectively use one, lower your weapon while you type. Granted that might not help in every situation as clearly some people in game, and indeed this thread, will simply shit their pants on seeing their own shadow let alone another person. But a weapon not pointed at someones head could be a good indicator that you have no hostile intentions.

So to all those that have a steady trickle/stream/flood of urine running down your leg whenever you see someone, have a little patience, you might very well be about to kill a person who might, just might be willing to tag alone with you and help you survive.

its 2012,how comes people still don't have headsets?its basic equip,just like a mouse and keyboard

its 2012' date='how comes people still don't have headsets?its basic equip,just like a mouse and keyboard

[/quote']

Take me for example. I suffer from social phobia, which means interacting with people by talking is very difficult. So talking on a headset, phone or in person is a major challenge.

Some other people might just be shy.

I have a mic but won't use it even though I know it puts me at a disadvantage. I live with my girlfriend and don't want her to have to listen to me running my mouth about zombies for hours while she tries to read or watch tv. I'm already pissing her off as it is just playing Day Z so much. :)

Chat just isn't feasible for some people. If it gets me killed, oh well. Starting over is half the fun.

Take me for example. I suffer from social phobia' date=' which means interacting with people by talking is very difficult. So talking on a headset, phone or in person is a major challenge.

Some other people might just be shy.

[/quote']

Better pray you don't meet anyone then you hermit you.

Better pray you don't meet anyone then you hermit you.

LOL. This mod being about paranoia. I feel in my element. :)