Sign in to follow this  
d4wn

crash 180sec penalty

what the fuck did this retard dean again?

after dayz crashing, i have to wait 180sec after that is crash again... neverending loop!

yeah i agree. it should increase with every disconnect, not stay at 180 sec.

• Like 13

I can only imagine how many people will be complaining about "crashes" for the next week....

and when it's a legitimate crash.. small price to pay to stop ghosters and loggers

• Like 1

and when it's a legitimate crash.. small price to pay to stop ghosters and loggers

^This.

It's a pain in the arse when you have to wait, but so worth it in the grand scheme of things IMO.

I would prefer if the penalty increased with each sub-30 minute disconnect though.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 3

after dayz crashing, i have to wait 180sec

Yeah thats a decent move actually but to be frank I think it should be longer, its clearly meant to be a deterrent to alt-f4 exploiters and i'm all for that.

• Like 2

A little inconvienence isnt too much to pay for a world with less combat loggers and server hoppers.  Im not sure He hit the sweet spot to stop most of it. Might have to increase the penalty a bit more.

• Like 1

A little inconvienence isnt too much to pay for a world with less combat loggers and server hoppers.  Im not sure He hit the sweet spot to stop most of it. Might have to increase the penalty a bit more.

Idk I was thinking about this and realized that it only really stops combat loggers in most close combat situations <200 meters.  IMO  long range engagements tend to be drawn out with periods >30 seconds of hiding behind cover.

Idk I was thinking about this and realized that it only really stops combat loggers in most close combat situations <200 meters.  IMO  long range engagements tend to be drawn out with periods >30 seconds of hiding behind cover.

Agreed I didnt say it eliminated the problem but it seems to be helping it.  And I did mention He might have to increase the timer.  :)

^This.

I would prefer if the penalty increased with each sub-30 minute disconnect though.

This 100x this.

• Like 1

nexttime i make some screenshots...

it crashed 3 times on airfield everytime my teammate comes closer to me... but not just me got a crash, he crashed with me too

(other players not concerned)

i dont doubt that it crashed. its alpha after all.

i expect it to crash every time i log in

i expect it to crash every time i come close to a town and new assets are loaded

i expect it to crash every time i use an item

i expect it to crash every time another player enters my bubble

so far, i found the game incredibly stable - but as you see we may have different expectations, and thus different definition of stable..

and all of this has absolutely nothing to do with the timer.

No, it's not fucking 180 seconds, it's been two times I had to wait 300 seconds after the server got restarted.

180 seconds = 3 minutes.

Conclusion, you're impacient as hell!  :|

180sec = 3min x 3 crashes = 9min  -asking myself. what the hell will happen when i spawn at MIDDLE OF AIRFIELD!

on the other hand i was just on ONE server, so why i got a penalty if i try to connect on the same server? thats not hopping at all...

180sec = 3min x 3 crashes = 9min  -asking myself. what the hell will happen when i spawn at MIDDLE OF AIRFIELD!

LOL! 3 "crashes" 

after dayz crashing, i have to wait 180sec after that is crash again... neverending loop!

Damn dude, you had the "Alt+F4" crash bug too?? :(

If you wan't to make an omelet you have to break a few eggs.

Seriously, read a book, play angry birds or doodle on some paper. Its not that hard to entertain your self for three minutes.

Retard? Huh?

Relax friend. Stability improvements coming as game develops further. Sheesh.

yeah i agree. it should increase with every disconnect, not stay at 180 sec.

It does up to 240, but it should recognize when the game crashes or when somebody alt+f4/exit the game...