Sign in to follow this  
atmaca (DayZ)

30 seconds is a joke, make it 5 MINUTES!

Seriously, this is not WoW. Fights usually take more than 15 minutes, possibly half an hour or even way more. Sure 30 secs is better than nothing but still...

-mosin fired on you

-duck behind a tree

-log out while eating chips

-he won't even get another visual on you in 30 seconds even if he knew you're logging out and rush in OMGFFS panic...

-fuckin profit.

Hell I'm even ok with 30 minutes. Disconnected cuz bad internet? go get a coffee, have a quickie w your girlfriend, watch ponnies or whatever the fuck you do and log back in a while later... What's the damn big deal?

• Like 5

I don't have all the time in the world. LOL In fact alot of us don't, except for the kids.

• Like 4

That's retarded. NO, it's not more difficult, it's not more hardcore, no, it is just retarded. 

• Like 1

I can see your point, but I wouldn't really go that way.

5 minutes is too much. Max 45 seconds in my opinion...  :|

Sometimes you just have to leave in an emergency. Sometimes, if the emergency is big enough, I obviously stop giving a shit about the game and go take care of what is more important; but what about when your phone rings? Or someone needs you at home? I couldn't wait 5 minutes, and shit, 30 minutes is insane dude. You must have a lot of free time, I suppose...  :huh:

• Like 1

I would be super pissed if in the 5 mins I got murdered by someone lucky though (one of the many reasons I am not interested in rust)... Id maybe agree if it was 5 mins but you can watch your character till you have successfully logged out?

Seriously, this isn't sit and wait simulator.

We're supposed to play at some point. The game really is unforgiving/glitchy enough.

Edited by ploulaf

Nah guys, lets make characters permanently stay on a server regardless of whether or not you log in or out. Of course, they still need food and water, so if you don't come often enough you'll still starve to death!

I don't have all the time in the world. LOL In fact alot of us don't, except for the kids.

I'm barely able to play 2 hours a day but I would be glad to wait a bit more. 

• Disconnected because bad luck? well if you don't have patience to wait just 5 minutes to log back in, maybe it's not the right game for you. It's a slow paced game, get used to it.
  • Find this too much because you may disconnect in populated areas? then don't go to populated areas if your connection sucks. It's not game's responsibility to consider your bad connection.

You might wanna watch your character during 5 mins, its ok. But I'm strongly against taking back control once countdown begins.

• Like 1

Hell I'm even ok with 30 minutes. 

No.

I think 60-90 seconds would be the way to go. I agree with OP that 30 seconds isn't long enough.

• Like 1

• Disconnected because bad luck? well if you don't have patience to wait just 5 minutes to log back in, maybe it's not the right game for you. It's a slow paced game, get used to it.
  • Find this too much because you may disconnect in populated areas? then don't go to populated areas if your connection sucks. It's not game's responsibility to consider your bad connection.

You might wanna watch your character during 5 mins, its ok. But I'm strongly against taking back control once countdown begins.

Well then just wait 4:30 before logging off and you'll be happy.

I'm cool with being able to get back to the lobby after 30 seconds myself. Really, I'm cool with that.

• Like 1

Well then just wait 4:30 before logging off and you'll be happy.

I'm cool with being able to get back to the lobby after 30 seconds myself. Really, I'm cool with that.

I'm not cool with you being able to get back to lobby after 30 seconds. That's the point.

So I'm not patient enough when my connection drops me 10 times in an hour to still try again at try number 11? But now I have a fucking timer added each time I get D/C'd awesome!

Go stuff it...A classic "It's works for me fuck the rest" attitude.

No longer than 30sec ever! If someone combat logs in front of you and you begin to jerk yourself off and stand in the same spot that's your problem.

All I can ask for now is the ability to see whats going on as you log and the ability to cancel your log out (not sure if you can or not atm).

No game should ever have a perpetual system of adding down time to your game time. Shit is backwards...

Edited by RyBo

Yeah 30s works if you're in a close quarters fire fight, but if there is any mid range shooting or sniping then the 30s logout still leaves plenty of room for abuse.  You do have to balance between the benefit of reduced combat logging and the risk of your character dying whilst you're out of game.

I'd suggest keep it at 30s, but bump it up to 1:30 if you have fired your weapon or been shot at in the last 5 minutes.

The OP does have a point even though he is clearly insane.

Lets say for example, this guy I know has a Mosin and, lets say this guy shoots at someone on the airfield.  Said someone can just find a spot where he can't be seen and move to the next server to continue server hopping for loot.  (after his delay for switching servers ofc).

Seriously, this is not WoW. Fights usually take more than 15 minutes, possibly half an hour or even way more. Sure 30 secs is better than nothing but still...

-mosin fired on you

-duck behind a tree

-log out while eating chips

-he won't even get another visual on you in 30 seconds even if he knew you're logging out and rush in OMGFFS panic...

-fuckin profit.

Hell I'm even ok with 30 minutes. Disconnected cuz bad internet? go get a coffee, have a quickie w your girlfriend, watch ponnies or whatever the fuck you do and log back in a while later... What's the damn big deal?

I agree with your DP on this, No! new rule don't miss!

15 minute gun fights... my longest gunfight was over after about 15 seconds. why should everyone be punished because 1 person might log on you out of every 30 gun fights and make you QQ, just let them be a bitch and log what real loss is it to you? you still won and you don't miss next time. done? done! lol that's my opinion on it anyways!

• Like 1