basinox

Suggestion: Suicide

I think that in a Zombie apocalypse simulator you should be able to end yourself with certain weapons. This could be both RP wise as game play wise pretty useful. For example:

• To finish yourself before you turn into a zombie (When that is implanted)
  • To make it quick when you break your legs with no splint's insight.
  • To just end yourself instead of falling to the mercy of a group of bandits.

The best way to make this system accident proof is by making the player first right click the item to select "Aim it at yourself" then go out of the item menu and press the fire button. all while a rapid heart beat is playing to warn people that they have their weapon aimed at their head.

Weapons that can be used for Suicide:

• Combat knife
  • Hunting knife
  • Kitchen Knife
  • M9A1 Bayonet
  • Sidearms
  • Sawed-off shotguns
  • Rifles

Also I suggest the addition of syringe's filled with succinylcholine as rare loot in barns to put yourself to sleep or to put other players to sleep.

Edit:

Suicide is already going to be implanted in game and the matter of discussion is now which weapons could be used for suicide.

Edited by basinox
  • Like 4

• To finish yourself before you turn into a zombie (When that is implanted)

Wow I'd LOVE to play as a zombie ffs

Anyway: that'd be cool. Plus, as it requires a weapon, it won't be overused by fresh spawn who don't like their spawn location

Dean already wants this.

It's even in the Trailer.

You will be able to right click on a weapon and suicide will be an option.

Someday, it will happen, not sure when though.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 2

Dean already wants this.

It's even in the Trailer.

You will be able to right click on a weapon and suicide will be an option.

Someday, it will happen, not sure when thought.

I strongly hope there will be a "are you sure?" pop up. I can already see myself raging while all I wanted was detach my scope.

And another popups

"you know, there's always hope"

"call 555-178-598 we can help you"

"you'll get over her"

"dude where's you money at?"

Edited by ploulaf
  • Like 3

Ya dean has already anounced that you will be able to commit suicide and he said it wouldn't be a true apocolipse survival game without it.  He has also said though you will never become a zombie and that its not the direction the game is headed in.

• To finish yourself before you turn into a zombie (When that is implemented)

This will never happen. The virus in DayZ doesn't work like that. We're not infected, therefore we do not turn into zeds, ever.

The other guys, the zeds, were infected. They died and turned into zombies.

Also, suicide is already a confirmed feature and a very nice idea.

Also also, you can commit suicide with a rifle by pulling the trigger with your toe. I've seen pics of Japanese soldiers who've done this.

Also also, you can commit suicide with a rifle by pulling the trigger with your toe. I've seen pics of Japanese soldiers who've done this.

that sounds really fucked up...

also its very clear now that its planned and none has to bring it up again. But we could at least use this topic to suggest weapons for suicide, am I right?

I think that in a Zombie apocalypse simulator...

Is not a simulator, is a survival horror game (or it's supposed to be)

Need this now seeing as that I am in the middle of nowhere and my legs are broke. This .38 is useless now.

(NSFW)

need to put a kill me button if you break your legs and dont have supplies to fix you or can't find a zombie or someone else to kill you. I been crawling around for 6 hours trying to find supplies or someone to kill me. i dont have any weapons of any kind

Edited by sudawginc

You won't ever become a zombie though. All the survivors are immune to the virus according to the lore of the game, so you cannot get infected.

This will never happen. The virus in DayZ doesn't work like that. We're not infected, therefore we do not turn into zeds, ever.

The other guys, the zeds, were infected. They died and turned into zombies.

They didn't die and come back. They're still living humans, but they're infected. That's why there's no headshot only kills in this game. 

Edited by Nicko2580

Maybe add option to kill yourself with gun? It would´nt be like: "suicide" to chat but animation for F12 (for example) and then press left button on mouse and you are dead... Maybe not maybe yes but it would be kind of desperation like you can see in apocalypse movies, games.

Maybe add option to kill yourself with gun? It would´nt be like: "suicide" to chat but animation for F12 (for example) and then press left button on mouse and you are dead... Maybe not maybe yes but it would be kind of desperation like you can see in apocalypse movies, games.

Merging

I would like to see the respawn button available 5 or 10 minutes after spawning, just until problems making players wait for a long time in order to die of starvation are solved.