Sign in to follow this  
synik4l

The antihop/exiting timers..

Now that i have played it 3 days ahhhhhh... Much worst not getting better......

My Friends: join up my server 

Me: OK

My Friends: Hey we just left the server too many forest trolls

My Friends: We Found a Other Server

Me: Im Locked out 300Sec

My Friends: ok We wait......

Me: Ok i am Joining up!

My Friends: We left cause you too to Long

WTF................................

TL;DR your friends are dumbasses when high on shrooms? wut?

• Like 4

Now that i have played it 3 days ahhhhhh... Much worst not getting better......

My Friends: join up my server 

My Friends: Hey we just left the server too many forest trolls

My Friends: We Found a Other Server

Me: Im Locked out 300Sec

My Friends: ok We wait......

Me: Ok i am Joining up!

My Friends: We left cause you too to Long

WTF................................

Not sure what a 'forest troll' is. Sounds like avoiding players you dont like. Did you just invent pre-combat logging? People are part of the game, if you arnt willing to deal with people you should stop playing.

This also sounds like you guys ghost.

Also your friends sound like they have the attention span of 7 year olds. If they cant stay in one server for longer than 300 seconds, you have bigger problems. Dont take your groups problems and think that they are more important than the overall scope of the million people that have this game.

• Like 2

ohh look it's the ones that sit all day Camping waiting to jump out the bushes don't you all come out the closet at once we are trying to see how long your foolish Timer will last... SMH i will give you all Beans so you can feel better about your self's !

Edited by TrueGiga

I will admit that I have thoroughly checked through an area to be sure it was safe before logging off... only to log back in later and find my character dead, and been completely annoyed to find it was because of a zombie who spawned after I logged out. But honestly, that's a rarity. If you don't have the time to play DayZ, you shouldn't play it. The timer needs to be longer, not shorter. I'd say at least 4-5 minutes because it's very easy to climb on top of a building with a ladder that takes 30 seconds and then log off because the people couldn't catch up to you in time.

Not possible. Zeds are spawned in when server starts so they cant spawn on you later.

Someone followed and killed you.

You logged out at bad place, zeds god vision agroed it from far.

Not possible. Zeds are spawned in when server starts so they cant spawn on you later.

Someone followed and killed you.

You logged out at bad place, zeds god vision agroed it from far.

Yeah, I actually found the guy who'd killed me (or at least looted part of my stuff) shortly after posting that as he had a note identical to one I'd had on me beforehand.

• Like 1

ohh look it's the ones that sit all day Camping waiting to jump out the bushes don't you all come out the closet at once we are trying to see how long your foolish Timer will last... SMH i will give you all Beans so you can feel better about your self's !

Im not sure who that was directed at, or what it means.

You still have not provided a compelling case, or suggested a viable alternative.

From what you say, you and your friends like to switch servers all the time for whatever reason. The game developers and most of the community would rather you stay in one server for the majority of your time.

• Like 1

I think everyone in this thread should just fist-fight it out in cherno to see who is right. 

• Like 6

Here is a other one that Just happened i Went into server just now... Got in and not even one minute went by and the server restart's that's cool i can wait 68 seconds until server boots me so i wont lose what server i was in... i will wait then once i have the chance to Re Join Server GUESS FREAKING WHAT! 300 seconds to wait WTF...............

can't have our eat it and cake too

agree that we should be able to cancel out of it if fan hits the shit though

will wait then once i have the chance to Re Join Server GUESS FREAKING WHAT! 300 seconds to wait WTF...............

YA I know right! Thats like a life time!! This game is totally ruined!

The Timer sucks and since its been put on i stopped playing so far every experience has been negative way to go DayZ is becoming an other game for the dump drive.... SMH

The Timer sucks and since its been put on i stopped playing so far every experience has been negative way to go DayZ is becoming an other game for the dump drive.... SMH

Good riddance. Please request your friends do the same.

• Like 2

It hasn't stopped server hopping IMO.  Loot NWAF all worthwhile buildings 20 mins aprrox, log out 70 second wait rinse and repeat.  System doesn't work as intended.  Not saying this is how I play but I fell for the lure of easy gearing this morning by doing this.

It hasn't stopped server hopping IMO.  Loot NWAF all worthwhile buildings 20 mins aprrox, log out 70 second wait rinse and repeat.  System doesn't work as intended.  Not saying this is how I play but I fell for the lure of easy gearing this morning by doing this.

While the current implementation doesn't eliminate server hopping it has stopped ghosting. I'm sure adjustments will be made, but it does limit hopping to gear. Most the time someone hopping for gear is only on the server for limited time, maybe a few minutes, to check 1-3 high value building and then repeat. 20 minutes, sounds like you hit the entire airfield, which means you were a potential target of opportunity for someone. Most people who hop, get in, get out, repeat as fast as possible.

While the current implementation doesn't eliminate server hopping it has stopped ghosting. I'm sure adjustments will be made, but it does limit hopping to gear. Most the time someone hopping for gear is only on the server for limited time, maybe a few minutes, to check 1-3 high value building and then repeat. 20 minutes, sounds like you hit the entire airfield, which means you were a potential target of opportunity for someone. Most people who hop, get in, get out, repeat as fast as possible.

It's not something I do normally, so makes sense now if there just hitting 1-3 buildings.  Don't think I'll bother again though as I don't feel like I earned the gear fairly so it has little value to me.