Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

What type of item respawn system is planned?

I know that items spawn only on server restarts now, but once they actually get around that, what is the planned way for items to spawn? Will it be based on a timer for all items (sort of like it is now but with no restart), or will items spawn independently (after a spawn is empty for X amount of time, spawn) or maybe randomized to the point it can't be predicted?

I don't believe that is being covered in this patch.  It will be fixed eventually but right now we have to rely on server restarts.

I don't think it's been announced yet. I know that the way that loot works is being changed completely once the global economy comes into play though.

Man, not trying to be a jerk here but use the search function, nearly all your topics have been discussed and answered!!

What do you mean by global economy?

If you take a super rare item like night-vision goggles for example, instead of them being a 0.01% drop rate, like they were in the mod, there would be only 1,000 (random number, just for example) in existance across all servers and then no more would spawn until some were lost or destroyed.

Basically over time rare items become less rare over time as they keep spawning while they're passed between players, this way rare items stay rare forever.

What do you mean by global economy?

Instead of having loot per server, the hive controls the loot spawns of all the servers within that hive. Which means that the rarity of some items can be increased as there will be a limited amount of items on the entire hive.

If you take a super rare item like night-vision goggles for example, instead of them being a 0.01% drop rate, like they were in the mod, there would be only 1,000 (random number, just for example) in existance across all servers and then no more would spawn until some were lost or destroyed.

Basically over time rare items become less rare over time as they keep spawning while they're passed between players, this way rare items stay rare forever.

I see, thats interesting, thank you.

Edited by Infiltrator

I think global economy idea is bad, very bad.

When theres 1000 nvgs spawned, and 1000 players take them.

Then those 1000 players get bored and stop playing while their characters still have those nvg's.

=No one will ever again have nvg?

I think global economy idea is bad, very bad.

When theres 1000 nvgs spawned, and 1000 players take them.

Then those 1000 players get bored and stop playing while their characters still have those nvg's.

=No one will ever again have nvg?

It is only an example how it could work.

I also dont like the idea that they must die, before items get back in the loot-table.

Many other ways out there, how it could work. (a item spawns once a week for all servers together etc)

We dont know it.

Edited by NoCheats