Sign in to follow this  
Baklavah

Zeroing?

Hey everyone.

So... this is going to sound like a REALLY stupid question... but how exactly does zeroing work? I'm not too clear on any of the details... and I grabbed the mosin, snapped an LRS on there and then pumped the zeroing up to 800 (everything was pristine, even the compensator) and I couldn't hit the broad side of ANYTHING. I had the shots lined up properly, I'm sure, and the bullets were going left, right, way around targets... so... clearly I don't understand. And yet, when I had an M4, I threw the "battery-powered" RDS on it and brought the zeroing down to 50 and I could hit targets across an airfield.

So... utterly... confused...

Please help clear up my noobtastic understanding of zeroing. Many thanks!

~Bak

The zeroing is how far from you the bullet is supposed to land. So a 800m zero on a mosin is so the bullet hits right on at 800m, a 50m zero on an M4 will mean that is should hit dead on at 50m. However with the M4 the round it uses shoots flat enough for you to set it at 100m and for it to hit dead on for 300m.

A higher number of zeroing does not mean it will be more accurate. It only adjusts how high or low the shot lands.

• Like 1

Zeroing is adjusting sights to range you're shooting to,zeroed to 800 meters it hits where you aim at 800 meters. Shooting to 800 meters while zeroed to 600 meters you'll hit lower than you aimed.

You'll need to go prone and use bipod at long ranges to be accurate.

Buddy of mine took out two zeds from about 600m with two mosin rounds fired no scope, he used a damaged long range scope to set up the shots, then removed it and fired, this was after firing 7 shots trying to find where the scope was hitting.

He was prone and using a compensator but no bipod.

I've used the acog to hit targets reliably at 400-500 yards, but they were zombies and I was prone using a deployed bipod.

Edited by Franchi