Sign in to follow this  
Foolz

Ammo Container bugged?

Hey All,

Newbie here. Just wondering if there is an issue with the Ammo container ?

I have had 2 times (yesterday) 2 Full Ammo Containers disappear from my inventory. ie 2 time x 2 containers.

I put them on the ground, sorted through contents. put them back into backpack. did some stuff (about 5 mins) logged out. when I logged back in - Ammo containers were gone.

I am thinking maybe it was because I had them on the ground, and it reverted me back to an earlier save? or just back luck.

anyway - I am now a tad worried to use the ammo container if there is such a bug. Hate to lose so much ammo :(

I had this issue with a box of cereal.  Im not sure if its a glitch or i just switched it out when i was changing backpacks or something.  Gonna keep an eye out though

Here's a hint. You can access them without putting them down, just put them in your hands. Don't put anything down that you aren't willing to loose because this is an Alpha and thus random sh*t does happen including disappearing stuff.

• Like 2

Here's a hint. You can access them without putting them down, just put them in your hands. Don't put anything down that you aren't willing to loose because this is an Alpha and thus random sh*t does happen including disappearing stuff.

If you need a quick pick, yes, but you don't see all the stacks in the box, same with the medkit, if you put it in the hands and they are full.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

Usually when you log back chances are you might not be exactly at the same spot, and same with the items you dropped.

I have had alot of problem with this in experimental build, seems if we log out to early or fast if you will, you get roll backed abit. Very irritating but i belive it's for ghosting and serverhopping

Thanks for info.

I am not complaining about Alpha. This IS ALPHA ;) bugs/rollbacks/issues are to be expected.

I am just trying to figure out is it a silly mistake on my side, a bug (known/unknown) or possible server desync where I would revert back to previous known state.

As to the holding in hand - Yes. I know this one. But as mentioned above - you do not see the full contents of the box when you do that.

So if you want to swap things around, putting on ground is the only "effective" (and risky) way if you lack inventory space.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info guys !

But you cant see all from your hands.. just the top row..

Containers seem to have a slight habit of disappearing randomly, have read multiple reports and had it happen to me twice although the first time could've been credited to lag aswell. Both of those times I had two of the same container though - so maybe that does have something to do with it.. Or it's just bad luck on our side.

Yeah containers are a bit risky to put down, completely understand why you do it (see all slots etc).

I have found some servers/times are a bit laggy, when they are I don't dare put something down.  Symptoms of a "laggy" server (don't even know if its actual lag) I have noticed...

• When you right click an item in inventory and it says "receiving..."  before showing the other options like eat/drink/load etc.  If you can read it things are slow, should almost not see receiving on fast server.
  • When you open a food item it takes a few seconds or you have to move an item in your pack for the open can to appear.
  • When you drop an item it takes a few seconds to appear on the floor.

Hit P before putting something down and make sure your not desyncing.

I haven't seen inventory revert like you described but I have had a server restart on me as I was organizing...

Honestly I try not to mess with them as much as I can, try and use them for specific purposes, tend to use mine for long term storage... limit interactions with the cases so to limit the mis-haps.

happened to me aswell a couple of times. since then im not even picking it up anymore, as the ammunition i used to store in them vanishes with their disappearal aswell. . No idea why, but i its definately no rollback, as i have kept items that i've found the same time or way later than the disappearing ammoboxes. (note: i play on 1 server only) For me it was totally random when it vanished. Sometimes i've kept it over multiple logins spread over days, and all of a sudden it was gone at one random login. And it was always the only item missing after relog.

Edited by Agrefits

Same thing happened to me before I realised I could just use the container while it was in my hands, anyway it turned out that the container had somehow managed to teleport through the floor and was found on the lower level of one of the admin buildings. 

#Alphawoes

Edited by the_daddy2009

I think you've run into a bug I reported this morning. It is not only ammo containers. I've lost weapons (357) and other items and in fact the items in my back pack are rearranged every time I log out and back in.

Here is the official bug report please visit and vote up: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8070

Ammo containers seem particularly likely to disappear. I lost one today. (Not that I needed 300 rounds of 5.56 but my friends will be disappointed that I can't be their ammo mule any more.)

This is probably the reason I found a full ammo box in one of the jails.  The guy didn't wait for it to load and left without it.

Sometimes it takes a while for stuff to appear when you drop it, and if you drop it in a tree or some bushes in the right spots you can't loot it again because they eat it.  I've seen a few items can sometimes take up to 20-30 seconds to load back up after being dropped, or sometimes they show up right away.

Dropping on ground is a risk. but I did put on ground, waited for them to pop. they did. I move ammo between 2 boxes. Picked up and confirm they were in my inventory. I move off to log out into safe place. (probably less than 5 minutes between logout and moving ammo around in the boxes while on the ground)

Later when I logged in, my boxes were gone, and my inventory in backpack was rearranged.

So far, bug happened 2 times. (ie 2 times with 2 boxes each time).

I tried to replicate yesterday (with 1 box), logging out within 2 minutes of picking up box, but (Thankfully) the box was still in my inventory when I logged back in.