capt. beefsteak

Let's be honest we are all killers.. Try your hardest not to lie. Thanks

You're unbelievable judgemental and have an amazing ability to draw conclusions from jack. Lol.

Who the fuck actually thinks "showing off weapons" is cool in a game? Lol. Is it that hard to believe that, due to the lacking content, SOME people might feel like like helping others to keep themselves entertained? That not EVERYBODY goes killing when they get bored? That POSSIBLY some people want to attempt to balance out all the bandits?

Killing people is easy and doesn't give me good feels anyway. I'd rather make an attempt to talk to people or help others out, even if the lacking content doesn't exactly favor it.

Edited by solodude23

You're unbelievable judgemental and have an amazing ability to draw conclusions from jack. Lol.

Who the fuck actually thinks "showing off weapons" is cool in a game? Lol. Is it that hard to believe that, due to the lacking content, SOME people might feel like like helping others to keep themselves entertained? That not EVERYBODY goes killing when they get bored? That POSSIBLY some people want to attempt to balance out all the bandits?

Helping who? people aren't stupid. There is a map, there is food in homes, there are weapons at mlitary bases... All you assholes do is go make spawns "spread-um) to get your kicks and drop them a can of food. You're no saint, your just not killing people. God, if everyone would just go feed these "needy" Dayz players I'm sure it would end KOS for ever.

I think that "SOME PEOPLE" are full of shit.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine lol. No sense in attempting to argue with you. Have fun in your deep dark mind! :)

Edited by solodude23

Aren't you just a ray of sunlight lol. No sense in attempting to argue with you. Have fun in your deep dark mind! :)

Have fun dropping food off for those that could give zero fucks. I know where to go when I'm hungry I guess?, yay me. Read some stories, bandits held me up, disinfectant spray, rotten food, take all my loot then kill me, assholes on sniper hill. Meanwhile your running around the coast with a fully loaded weapon dropping food off to people. Why not give them your gun?, you don't need it.

Everyone in game is so fucking nice that more than likely they will just take it and walk away. I mean that's really doing someone a favor right? They don't want your fucking beans, they want your fucking gun. You wanna know why Solodude? So they can go kill fuckers like everyone else.

Regards...

I have not killed anyone since the game's release.

...what now?

Same here.

Where, at all, did I say I feed Bambi's?

Hint: I didn't.

However, I did say that I don't run around killing people for no reason because, we'll, it's not fun to me. Actual interaction is the only thing ATM that keeps the game interesting.

Edited by solodude23

Killing people is easy and doesn't give me good feels anyway. I'd rather make an attempt to talk to people or help others out, even if the lacking content doesn't exactly favor it.

I apologize, you said helping other's.. Help them by giving them your gun. Or do you think that would be a bad idea? If so why?

The combat timer that people are bitching about, why is that implemented? It is purely for pvp, and nothing to do with helping people.  So what is your main focus in the game?

Edit: So many edits, lol

Edited by Deepfryer

Have given many guns to other survivors. It's never ended in death for me thus far, just very grateful players. I always keep at least one weapon on me though. Sorry for all the edits lol.

The combat timer is for people trying to escape situations involving other survivors, be it they don't know the intent of the other survivors. (Ultimately they ARE trying to not die). Before the timer was implemented, I had many players combat log when I was only trying to give them my gun :p

Edited by solodude23

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine lol. No sense in attempting to argue with you. Have fun in your deep dark mind! :)

Well in his defense, I once punched a guy who tried to give me a handgun because he was patronizing me with instructions on how to play after I had told him I know how to. The only people that need handouts are the ones that are totally new to the game and you aren't helping them by giving free stuff. It's just a self pat on yourself. If you truly want to be a good guy, try taking out bandits.

I have not killed anyone since the game's release.

...what now?

Same here.

I find that hard to believe. People who say absolutes are just straight out lying lol.

With over 300hrs in game, if you still play unicef your not doing it right.

It's a sandbox game, there is no "right".

Well in his defense, I once punched a guy who tried to give me a handgun because he was patronizing me with instructions on how to play after I had told him I know how to. The only people that need handouts are the ones that are totally new to the game and you aren't helping them by giving free stuff. It's just a self pat on yourself. If you truly want to be a good guy, try taking out bandits.

Anyone without a gun appreciates receiving a gun for free. Literally, everyone I've given a gun to has thanked me. Also gave away an anti-stab vest yesterday because I wanted an assault vest instead. Was thanked for that as well. I spare them any lectures that you experienced lol. Also, I have and will continue to engage bandits. :)

Edited by solodude23

Have given many guns to other survivors. It's never ended in death for me thus far, just very grateful players. I always keep at least one weapon on me though. Sorry for all the edits lol.

I given a dude a gun before and he tried to shoot me (no bullets, click click) .. I've also been knocked the hell out and had my gun taken and i was killed. I've also given people food. I've also had people run away from me when I tried to give them a gun.

I have killed people alot, helped people alot.

I've learned this is a game about opportunity, in that, if you can get shit quicker by offing someone you take the shot, or axe the dude, or punch him. Survival isn't hard playing way out in the middle of no where, however the challenge is living through a rival squad in one of the games major cities. I'm suprised by the responses of the forum, I do appreciate that not everyone is an asshole, as the game does need some balance.

You have to admit whether I'm right in your eyes or wrong in your eye's that the vast majority of players would just as soon kill you rather than deal with you, since with a weapon you could just do the same to them. Most encounters I've had with armed individuals has ended with me or them dying, usually they are lining up the shot or getting into position on "the hill".

At the end of the day, as has been said time and time again. To live you must kill, and by that I mean other survivors.

Anyone without a gun appreciates receiving a gun for free. Literally, everyone I've given a gun to has thanked me. I spare them any lectures that you experienced lol. Also, I have and will continue to engage bandits. :)

Well then you are cool. The one guy who gave me a gun was preaching so much xD. He cussed when I knocked him out and ran. Didn't kill him but it was funny being yelled at lol. So not worth a handgun being followed by someone who is patronizing you.

Only the ones that threaten me ;) It's worked out well for me just fine!

Well then you are cool. The one guy who gave me a gun was preaching so much xD. He cussed when I knocked him out and ran. Didn't kill him but it was funny being yelled at lol. So not worth a handgun being followed by someone who is patronizing you.

Crazy, you know I'm not all bad, we've held people up. I would say that our groups main focus is taking out the assholes of the game. I suppose in turn this makes us somewhat assholes, but then..

I can hear that dude, "I gave you a gun!!!" "Whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" Some people are so naive.

I have no idea what you are talking about! *turns away with a bloody axe on her shoulder and a survivor head in her other hand while whistling*

There was this time I was in kamyshovo helping out a spawn his words were exactly "I'm suprised you didn't kill me, most people do"..

I ended up killing him because he was rather annoying. You just never know when your going to pull the trigger. I'd given this guy a canteen, food, saline, clothes... shit..

Edit: Needless to say I suppose, he was pissed, and I was rather relieved.

Edited by Deepfryer

There was this time I was in kamyshovo helping out a spawn his words were exactly "I'm suprised you didn't kill me, most people do"..

I ended up killing him because he was rather annoying. You just never know when your going to pull the trigger. I'd given this guy a canteen, food, saline, clothes... shit..

Geez you sociopath :p Why didn't you just part ways?

Giving a weapon to someone and knowing they might shoot you is part of the excitement. That being said, I usually don't stick around for long after handing it over. Also I don't allow them to pick it up till I say. Soon as it's in heir hands they're a potential threat and must be treated as such. But I also haven't had to kill any of em yet! Lol

Edited by solodude23

Geez you sociopath :P Why didn't you just part ways?

Giving a weapon to someone and knowing they might shoot you is part of the excitement. That being said, I usually don't stick around for long after handing it over. Also I don't allow them to pick it up till I say. Soon as it's in heir hands they're a potential threat and must be treated as such. But I also haven't had to kill any of em yet! Lol

Giving orders, see, I would just kick your ass and take it all man. Don't tell me what to do... That is just what I said, you're using position power due to your slight advantage with weapons.

Crazy, you know I'm not all bad, we've held people up. I would say that our groups main focus is taking out the assholes of the game. I suppose in turn this makes us somewhat assholes, but then..

I can hear that dude, "I gave you a gun!!!" "Whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" Some people are so naive.

You aren't bad chief. You are right! There are a ton of people in this game who have god complexs that lie to themselves(at least in my expereinces in running into people).

For me there are two kinds of heros.

True heros that are genuinely nice but aren't naive to let down his guard. They tend to want to help out but also know all the risks that entails and decides his actions based on that. Also true heros don't preach or say something absurd like I have never killed.

Then there is the false hero who is just stroking his ego. He is just doing it just so he feels good about himself. He likes to preach and if he doesn't like your way of playing or if he thinks your actions are bad then he calls you names or look down as if you are inferior.

What strikes me as odd is that there are also some other type of players who have a very very very strong feeling of justice in this game and are vocal about it. At the end, it is just a game and I don't think these "justice saints" have the right to look down on other players.

Lastly, assholes. I prefer heros that have a lit bit of an asshole in them. At least they are honest and give you options without being condescending. Plus they are funny and entertaining. I think our group is great! I am glad I was lucky to be a part of it in the earlier stages.

Giving orders, see, I would just kick your ass and take it all man. Don't tell me what to do... That is just what I said, you're using position power due to your slight advantage with weapons.

How would you just "kick my ass" with a gun to you? You'd end up dead and without anything. "Position power"? No shit! Why would I not do so when giving someone a weapon? It would be incredibly naive and stupid not to.That's the reason I've NEVER been knocked out since it happened once when I just started playing and didn't know any better. I learned and adapted, and it works.

While I've never had to kill someone when giving away a gun, I've killed others who'd decided to "kick my ass" when I have a gun on them. Stupid idea. And trust me when I say it's more than a slight advantage to have a weapon in this scenario.  :)

Edited by solodude23

How would you just "kick my ass" with a gun to you? You'd end up dead and without anything. "Position power"? No shit! Why would I not do so when giving someone a weapon? It would be incredibly naive and stupid not to.That's the reason I've NEVER been knocked out since it happened once when I just started playing and didn't know any better. I learned and adapted, and it works.

While I've never had to kill someone when giving away a gun, I've killed others who'd decided to "kick my ass" when I have a gun on them. Stupid idea. And trust me when I say it's more than a slight advantage to have a weapon in this scenario.  :)

I'll knock you out.  It's a slight advantage unless your drawn, which when giving hand out's you won't be...

Making such a sweeping statement that your playstyle is the only way to have "fun" in Dayz is ignorant, you have missed the whole point of this game altogether. You may have fun running around shooting every player you see, but I have fun running around patching people up and giving them food/water. After playing the mod since it first came out as a bandit, I decided to try a different playstyle for the SA and discovered how much more fun I was having.

Everyone is entitled to their own playstyle, that is what makes Dayz a great game. Without bandits, I wouldn't have a job as a medic :)

• Like 1