capt. beefsteak

Let's be honest we are all killers.. Try your hardest not to lie. Thanks

I hear there's this thing called.. Hyperbole :O

I can respect that, I assume death would follow if they didn't listen though correct?

Yes, because usually at that point I already let them know I have an extra weapon, and if they want it (so far 100% do) I proceed to the orders. So at that point, it's pretty much you move, you die. If they don't want it or just run away before orders, then I just let them go on their merry way and I gtfo. lol.

If they aren't far away, why do you need a scope? And why would you mention people walking by you in the woods? Assumed yes, but your not making much sense here..

I was explaining a variety of situations. I look at people through the scope because it's fitted to the gun, so not necessarily because I need to, also because it took me 2 weeks to find my pristine long-range scope, you wouldn't believe my epic quest for a scope and so I kinda want to use it every chance I get, before I inevitably lose it. I guess I could have explained that part better. In buildings and at very close range I would use the Revolver not the mosin but at that range it would be hard not to interact with people and let them just walk by.

I was explaining a variety of situations. I look at people through the scope because it's fitted to the gun, so not necessarily because I need to, also because it took me 2 weeks to find my pristine long-range scope, you wouldn't believe my epic quest for a scope and so I kinda want to use it every chance I get, before I inevitably lose it. I guess I could have explained that part better. In buildings and at very close range I would use the Revolver not the mosin but at that range it would be hard not to interact with people and let them just walk by.

I use the magnum at close quarters as well, only because the sawed off is way underpowered.

Edit: I did read the whole thing.

Edit: Patches to follow should allow crafting repair for uniform's and clothing all together... What about scopes and all though

Edited by Deepfryer

Thing is people don't want your help, or at least mine wasn't wanted. I say this, You play a medic, you'll be killed ungreatfully, you play nice feeding the needy, you'll be killed ungreatfully..

Most of the time, you will be killed.

People come to my clan's TS server specifically to get help, so there are many people who want my help. I have been alive for over 6 weeks, so that idea you have about being killed is not always true.

People come to my clan's TS server specifically to get help, so there are many people who want my help. I have been alive for over 6 weeks, so that idea you have about being killed is not always true.

My group has a TS server as well. We help each other, no sense in giving the competition advise. 6 weeks of living.. You must not being doing a whole lot of anything.

Actually, no I'm not. I would prefer to trade items with somebody, exchange information etc rather than kill them.

I save that "killer" mentality for Battelfield and 12 year olds.

Edited by zaphodity

I've got my fair share of blood on my hands. :rolleyes:  

I will be honest, I don't keep count on them but more than 15 but less then 28ish. 

Sometimes it's because they are a threat to me, sometimes because they walk up to me with an axe ready. 

I'd say I have lost more firefights then i've won, If any. I mostly avoid armed players, and I will more often walk up to a bambi and offer help,

ask if they're new or if they need any help.

I see no need in killing any unarmed players. But it all comes down to the situation and how the communication is with the other player :) . 

When i play with a friend we mostly handcuff and take your blood and chat with you for a moment and then leave you alone.

(yesterday we handcuffed a russian kid who I-shit-you-not sounded like he was 7(nothing wrong with that)  he said fuck off and my friend emptied his sawn-off into his back, that made me feel bad for the kid  :( )

Edited by Quix_otic

nothing else to do other then deathmatch each other, but to be fair dayz will always just be another deathmatch

Actually, no I'm not. I would prefer to trade items with somebody, exchange information etc rather than kill them.

I save that "killer" mentality for Battelfield and 12 year olds.

Im 31 I kill people in this game? Why are 12 year olds always labled as the killers? My kills are legitimate and very justifiable though///

Don't try to justify your being a killer by claiming everyone else is too. Not everyone is.

Wow what a name... 5 posts, directly aimed at responing here... #winningpostmuch

nothing else to do other then deathmatch each other, but to be fair dayz will always just be another deathmatch

There is more to do, deathmatch can be fun, but only if threatened, ok that last line might contain a little bullshit.

Here is why, I was doing a 1pp server last night. I played legitimatly and was doing well by the time I made it to the NEAF. So here I go up on the top of the ACT and I got shot by a sniper hiding behind some trees.. Not once but twice. It sucked, however I was only unconsious. The guy didn't try to interact, he just shot. You tell me that 1pp servers are suppose to be a little better but even then a dude attempted kos tactics on me.

You may all be in the same server holding hands skipping though cherno but the servers I've been in paint a dark, shitty picture. Kill or be killed or run away because you need to show the world how kind/scared you are.

Sometimes interaction is fun no matter how it ends, from fistfights to bullshiting, but killing is here to stay. And you fairyland players are going to be sitting ducks if you don't learn to shoot sooner or later. Or, you could form a new sewing club on sniper hill. Hmmm, wonder why it's called sniper hill? Are there alot of kind people up there??

Pretty sure everyone goes by the rule of KoS in military bases and airfields, no matter the player or server. It's also the most likely place to be sniped. Unless I'm looking for a fight, a roof in an airfield is the last place you'd find me.

Overall, I've found hardcore servers to be a little more friendly, but they still have their fair share of KoS, which is totally ok. Would be no fun at all if no one did  :P  

Pretty sure everyone goes by the rule of KoS in military bases and airfields, no matter the player or server. It's also the most likely place to be sniped. Unless I'm looking for a fight, a roof in an airfield is the last place you'd find me.

Overall, I've found hardcore servers to be a little more friendly, but they still have their fair share of KoS, which is totally ok. Would be no fun at all if no one did  :P  

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH so everyone is a killer? Just becauseI have a gun? I thought you said everyone was to broad??

I'd just gone up to look for a bipod... I wasn't proned out looking for a fight.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH so everyone is a killer? Just becauseI have a gun? I thought you said everyone was to broad??

No, that's still generalizing. That's situational killing, not just killing for the shits and giggles. While someone may kill you in a military base, they might not kill you in a town or the wild. People in a military base are either looking to kill, or are looking to get weapons. The same weapons that other people want.

Think of it this way. The zombie apocalypse happens in real life. While everyone in general will not be killing their neighbors for no reason, there's a good chance people at the nearest gun shop will be killing eachother for those weapons. As expected, it's a very dangerous place to be.

I'm in and out of military bases like there's no tomorrow! I've never even looted an entire airfield in one run-through.

You may have not been looking for a fight, but that's not to say you shouldn't expect one when in the open in an airfield.

Edited by solodude23

Also, I should have said that everyone should assume that everyone KoS's in military bases. I have yet to be killed or even shot at one and for that I'm pretty lucky. I've only run into someone once at NWAF; it was 2 fully geared guys with weapons on me. They didn't kill me, but the story may have been different if I had a weapon.

No, that's still generalizing. That's situational killing, not just killing for the shits and giggles. While someone may kill you in a military base, they might not kill you in a town or the wild. People in a military base are either looking to kill, or are looking to get weapons. The same weapons that other people want.

Think of it this way. The zombie apocalypse happens in real life. While everyone in general will not be killing their neighbors for no reason, there's a good chance people at the nearest gun shop will be killing eachother for those weapons. As expected, it's a very dangerous place to be.

I'm in and out of military bases like there's no tomorrow! I've never even looted an entire airfield in one run-through.

You may have not been looking for a fight, but that's not to say you shouldn't expect one when in the open in an airfield.

The topic didn't specify why or what kind of killer you are, just that you are a killer.

The topic didn't specify why or what kind of killer you are, just that you are a killer.

So your point of this thread was to point out that people kill in as survival game?

Well, I'll be damned, I'd have agreed with you to begin with had I known this!

But your subsequent posts have indicated that you think that not killing  = death, which is not true. You have also indicated that those who are "nice" are all new players who are too naive to know better. This is also not true, as I've already argued earlier. A truer statement could be: "Players who try to be nice and make the mistake of letting their guard down are naive and probably new." 

Edited by solodude23

Nice players are naive... Who runs up to geared people and lives to tell about it? Very few. Being nice while geared?? All you're essentially saying is that not killing the person is playing nice. Don't mind the burlap sac, or the disinfectant spray, which has no other purpose in the game aside of pvp. The game is based on player interaction, agreed, but it's set up to fail the weaker link, be it death, humiliation or ultimate control.

People won't play with weak links... They are broken players with no real concept of how things work.

The title was "Let's be honest, We are All Killers" not KOS'ers or bandits... Those KoS threads are a dime a dozen.. I'm just pointing out that most people will kill you. People in my honest opinion are nice until they have a better load out than you. Go off with a dude you just met so he can talk with you and figure out what your backpack has in it that his doesn't. If you tell him you don't have enough for him at the moment, he will more than likely wait for an open door and use whatever he can to kill you.

It happened to yours truly when I'd first started playing the standalone. Most People in this world are genuinely shitty. Hell at least the Zombies let you know when they are coming...

But this forum community would have you believe cherno and electro are safe... On a low population server it might be..

Edited by Deepfryer

You should really listen to AnarchyBrownies it appears he has deep insight where as the original post and all the other posts seem to be written in frustration.

Edited by SIDWULF

You should really listen to AnarchyBrownies it appears he has deep insight where as the original post and all the other posts seem to be written in frustration.

Deep insight? It's a Zombie game man.

I kill when needed.

For example. I'm hiding in a shed fully geared and another fully geared player opens the door. He scared the shit out of me and since our M4s were lowered the tension was high. We didn't say anything. We opened fire simultaneously killing eachother.

So far after over 30hrs play time this is the only player I killed.

Edited by SIDWULF