capt. beefsteak

Let's be honest we are all killers.. Try your hardest not to lie. Thanks

You might scream about how nice you are in game but your not. You might claim to feed the needy but you don't. Here is why:

1. The needy want not one can of food but your whole load out.

2. The only people naive enough to play this way are new.

3. Ghosting is at an all time high.

4. The game revolves around payback.

5. The exploits are at an all time high.

If you play for fun, or play for pvp, there is absolutly no incentive to lie about killing people. I've been on the super kind banwagon, and the same fresh spawns knock me out while trying to be helped.. Trust me it's a non issue now.

With over 300hrs in game, if you still play unicef your not doing it right. PVP is the game for the vast majority of the population. It's not call of fucking duty either, it's essentailly arma with Zombies.

I will say those that join on unpopulated servers may legitimatly want to play, but gear is, food, water, melee, gun's, pistol. Dude part of me want's to start a first person hardcore toon to play legit.

Go ahead call me out. I want you to, Any server I log into has empty barracks on balota, nwaf, zelen, outside vibor, and neaf. Hell most places have fucking flashlights and crap pants/shirts dropped on the ground.

My squad usually only attacks armed assholes, who shoot from the cover of trees..

Say well if you getting ghosted your in the same location to long... I say instead of logging your spawn in with an axe behind me, come fight like a man... I think this patch will do alot of justice.. I know it won't completly fix ghosting, but it will give me a little longer to kill the bastard.

• Like 2

I have not killed anyone since the game's release.

...what now?

• Like 27

...what now?

Have you been killed by others?? If not your more than likely (like I mentioned above) playing low population servers and staying away from most loot hot spots.

Have you been killed by others?? If not your more than likely (like I mentioned above) playing low population servers and staying away from most loot hot spots.

I have, yes. But you are saying that we are all killers.

• Like 10

Well your post started with one thing and ended with another.

Not sure how you want people to respond? I'm not aggressive at all. I manage to find weapons on servers with both high populations and low populations. Sometimes it takes longer and I think that's what your particular issue is. You're all about getting the gear as quickly as possible and see no value in any experiences that don't quickly lead you to the most powerful weapons available. Have fun with that limited style of play.

I expect a long thread from you sometime in the near future about how boring "end game" is and how "easy it is to get there."

• Like 1

I have, yes. But you are saying that we are all killers.

I am saying the vast majority of us are killers... Spawns included.. I wasn't starting a your right I'm wrong type thing, however I personally think that anyone in a populated server is out to kill other players. I also think people are freindly until they are fully geared and hiding in the bushes.

If you've as you claim "never killed a player" I commend you Inception.. I also assume you play a solo survival mission. Like I mentioned as well, I might do this on a hardcore server, I hear people are a little more reluctant to kill.

I am saying the vast majority of us are killers... Spawns included.. I wasn't starting a your right I'm wrong type thing, however I personally think that anyone in a populated server is out to kill other players. I also think people are freindly until they are fully geared and hiding in the bushes.

If you've as you claim "never killed a player" I commend you Inception.. I also assume you play a solo survival mission. Like I mentioned as well, I might do this on a hardcore server, I hear people are a little more reluctant to kill.

I play in highly populated servers and go around to talk with people, help them if necessary, etc. I feed the needy.

I also play with groups/people, as well.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 7

Well your post started with one thing and ended with another.

Not sure how you want people to respond? I'm not aggressive at all. I manage to find weapons on servers with both high populations and low populations. Sometimes it takes longer and I think that's what your particular issue is. You're all about getting the gear as quickly as possible and see no value in any experiences that don't quickly lead you to the most powerful weapons available. Have fun with that limited style of play.

I expect a long thread from you sometime in the near future about how boring "end game" is and how "easy it is to get there."

That is right, just like 79% of the players I come across,.. The game is fun, don't get me wrong, I'm just tired of hearing about all these self proclaimed "hero's" I've met one dude that spared my life in 300hrs, other than the squad I created. Hero's don't sit on sniper hill, hero's aren't in the woods of kamyshovo, hero's don't camp military loot spots, hero's don't ghost, hero's to me imho are full of poo..

Of course I've killed, as most everyone has, but in no way am I a "killer".  :)

Edited by solodude23

I play in highly populated servers and go around to talk with people, help them if necessary, etc. 

Oddly I get shot in the face?? High pop, going through electro for food, boom... If you've never been killed before, your playing low pop servers or not approaching armed people at all..

Oddly I get shot in the face?? High pop, going through electro for food, boom... If you've never been killed before, your playing low pop servers or not approaching armed people at all..

said I have been killed by players before. 

• Like 2

Of course I've killed, as most everyone has, but in no way am I a "killer".  :)

Typical response.. This was what I'd personally like to attack.

If your not killing people, your dying

I have killed twice. I put 3 357 rounds in a guy who charged me with an axe. However my ping meant i was knocked unconscious. The other was someone who i thought was a zombie, a mosin put that confusion to an end.

I have been killed several times and spend a large amount of time in Elektro and Berezino.

My intentions in this game are to be friendly and helpful, however i don't think that feeding new spawns is the way to go about this.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

That is right, just like 79% of the players I come across,.. The game is fun, don't get me wrong, I'm just tired of hearing about all these self proclaimed "hero's" I've met one dude that spared my life in 300hrs, other than the squad I created. Hero's don't sit on sniper hill, hero's aren't in the woods of kamyshovo, hero's don't camp military loot spots, hero's don't ghost, hero's to me imho are full of poo..

hahaha alright you have a very negative outlook. I'll have to respect the fact that you have many more hours than me but I've had some good experiences in my 50 hours. A lot of bad. I would say it's more weighted towards the bad (in that most of the time it's just KoS). But, again, I value not killing people the moment I see them for the sake of not turning the game into something I don't want it to be. It's worth the risk to me because I'm not barreling as fast as I can towards all the best loot, in which case every death would be devastating because my experience would be based on speed. I'm after all the infinite possibilities that DayZ has to offer. 

• Like 3

said I have been killed by players before. 

Ok gotcha, but then, let me ask you.. Doesn't that bug you a bit? You don't feel the need to go find this asshole? That's what I mean, This game makes you angry, people in real life don't get a second chance, or respawn on the coast.. I played nice and it bit me in the ass more than I would like to mention. I have posts that specify how I helped people in the past. Let me tell you, helping the person that kills you gets super old..

Inception is more the "Admin" type, he doesn't really "play" the game but more walks around looking for ways to help or fix problems. He helped run the Balota Buddies mod server and was a very helpful young dude, nice guy. 

• Like 2

Typical response.. This was what I'd personally like to attack.

If your not killing people, your dying

Typical response? Does that make it not genuine? I have never killed without reason.

I've met many other friendly players as well, in mostly full servers, in my hours of play. 

Of course I've been killed on sight, but it's been a long damn time since that's happened. Survived for weeks without "having" to kill people.

Also: "I've been on the super kind banwagon, and the same fresh spawns knock me out while trying to be helped.."

Why the hell did you let a fresh spawn knock you out? Don't let your guard down just because you want to be helpful. I'm assuming you had a weapon in this example?

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

Inception is more the "Admin" type, he doesn't really "play" the game but more walks around looking for ways to help or fix problems. He helped run the Balota Buddies mod server and was a very helpful young dude, nice guy. 

In my experience he could also waste ANYONE he came across if he really wanted to. So all the more admirable of him.

In my experience he could also waste ANYONE he came across if he really wanted to. So all the more admirable of him.

Sounds kind of contradictory to his never having killed someone.. Who really would know right?

Edited by Deepfryer

Ok gotcha, but then, let me ask you.. Doesn't that bug you a bit? You don't feel the need to go find this asshole? That's what I mean, This game makes you angry, people in real life don't get a second chance, or respawn on the coast.. I played nice and it bit me in the ass more than I would like to mention. I have posts that specify how I helped people in the past. Let me tell you, helping the person that kills you gets super old..

Maybe you're helping wrong. Maybe you're making yourself TOO vulnerable with these people. That doesn't mean you have to change to killing everything on sight out of spite and petty acts of revenge. Isn't it more interesting to come up with your own strategies that keep you alive while interacting with others? People on these forums try to act like a real apocalypse would just be this violent kill everything that moves scenario, but what you'd really want is a good group of people. Each person you met you'd have to take very seriously and weigh their intentions and find different ways of handling them to establish trust. You wouldn't just kill everything because that is way more likely to guarantee your ultimate demise.

• Like 2

Every moment that I would spend trying to find my killer, would be a moment that I'm not helping another person. Haha. I don't get angry at the game.

Why, thank you!

Haha. I played during the mod depending upon how I felt, really. (I still remember the encounter I had with you at the Chernarus barns :D)

Sounds kind of contradictory to his never having killed someone.. Who really would know right?

Hardly. Please re-read my original comment.

Game's release being the release of the Standalone. Which should be obvious, since the mod is not a game.

• Like 3

Talking about my experience with Inception back in the mod :p

Ancient history.

• Like 2

Haha. I played during the mod depending upon how I felt, really. (I still remember the encounter I had with you at the Chernarus barns :D)

I was actually going to explain that too, that a lot of us in Balota Buddies kind of flip flopped day to day on how we all played. Depended on who you were playing with on a given day and what the general atmosphere was like at the time. It was more or less a tight knit community (until it totally wasn't?). But yeah, I just settled with the fact that it's old information :p

Yes that is one death I'll never forget. Made me realize I had some serious target practice to do. A learning experience.

• Like 2

Maybe you're helping wrong. Maybe you're making yourself TOO vulnerable with these people. That doesn't mean you have to change to killing everything on sight out of spite and petty acts of revenge. Isn't it more interesting to come up with your own strategies that keep you alive while interacting with others? People on these forums try to act like a real apocalypse would just be this violent kill everything that moves scenario, but what you'd really want is a good group of people. Each person you met you'd have to take very seriously and weigh their intentions and find different ways of handling them to establish trust. You wouldn't just kill everything because that is way more likely to guarantee your ultimate demise.

I just said most people do.. I kill the assholes that kill on sight.. which must make me bad..

Vulnerable?? that's fucking funny.. Fully geared guy is super vulnerable here, vs a tired hungry lonley spawn? However, these tired hungry spawns are able to punch out people in no time take your stuff and kill you.. fuck helping them, how is that surviving, risking your own life and the toon you spent hours on, to go help and get knocked the fuck out..

Like I said, nice = "you are dead".. I don't kill everything I see on sight, I like to mix it up, but to say you don't kill, hmm,