Osiris1

The great escape from combat.

As of the newest patch, starting weapons have been removed. While this isn't a game-breaking mind-frack of irreparable proportions, it unbalances the gameplay considering the zombies' current ability to relentlessly sprint towards you for miles without fail.

My suggestion is simple: After running a long enough distance, perhaps a hundred yards or so (I'm bad with measurements), the zombie will stop giving chase and lose interest. Let's be honest here - zombies have short attention spans. Since they already run faster than my high school sprinting team, let's at least give a weaponless, new character the chance to survive when looking for weapons.

My reason for suggesting this? Well, as mentioned above, we don't start with weapons anymore (in case you live in a cave). Since we need to find weapons in houses/barns, we have to avoid zombies at all costs, since there's now no initial way to kill them. Since there's no way to currently kill them without a weapon, someone who seriously F's up and gets detected needs a way to escape (since being forced to disconnect is morally wrong and will get you rightfully banned for interweb eternity, as well as a frigging nuisance).

So, that's it. When a player is detected and runs a moderate distance, the ninja-zombie will get tired of his daily sprint and go back to his own spawn area for more domestic brains.

But then you would be always safe from zombies' date=' just simply run. That takes the danger aways from zombies again.

[/quote']

I still don't understand what's practical about being unable to gather weapons once at least one zombie detects you. The fun sense of danger is one thing. Guaranteed death is not fun danger.

Zombies will still be the little high school athlete psychic prodigies they already are. They just won't guarantee your imminent death should you find yourself detected without a gun.

Keep in mind, walking down a block won't get a zombie off your tail. A reasonable distance would be best for a successful retreat.

But then you would be always safe from zombies' date=' just simply run. That takes the danger aways from zombies again.

[/quote']

I still don't understand what's practical about being unable to gather weapons once at least one zombie detects you. The fun sense of danger is one thing. Guaranteed death is not fun danger.

Zombies will still be the little high school athlete psychic prodigies they already are. They just won't guarantee your imminent death should you find yourself detected without a gun.

Keep in mind, walking down a block won't get a zombie off your tail. A reasonable distance would be best for a successful retreat.

Hmm... I have been thinking about how Rocket wants to introduce "zombie lifecycles", where they eventually rot, so how about after that mechanic is introduced they rot at an increased rate when running, causing them to eventually fall apart while chasing. I think thats reasonable.

[/quote']

Hmm... I have been thinking about how Rocket wants to introduce "zombie lifecycles", where they eventually rot, so how about after that mechanic is introduced they rot at an increased rate when running, causing them to eventually fall apart while chasing. I think thats reasonable.

Too reliant on timing. The bottom line is this - if you don't have a gun and are detected, that's it. Even if you limit your detection to just one zombie, you can't get a gun out to shoot that zombie before they break your leg, or cause you to start bleeding out.

It's not realistic and it promotes combat logging, since that's the only alternative to guaranteed death.

In my experiences, I've been caught in a town by one zombie, legged it, ended up with half the town after me, and lost them all in a single building by running in, waiting a few moments for them to enter, and then running out and entering another building by sneaking.

I feel as though the game should punish you harshly for being seen, it's just frustrating that they're still reasonably buggy at this time.

That's just my opinion, take it as you wish.

I have no problems at all in losing the zombies via running. Just run through a building and hit the ground, crawl away. Or run up a hill, change direction, hit the ground. Line of sight works perfectly now.

losing zombies with no gun is easy, its not too hard to figure out, kite em through buildings, bring em up stairs then go down a ladder. Go up a hill, turn a corner, simple stuff really.

Thats what the LOS is for, hide. Once they cant see you, you are safe. They arent bloodhounds.