Sign in to follow this  
TiptonSamurai

Gun Magazines

Hello guys, I just wanted to ask a brief question and that is how many magazines do I need?

Should I collect a decent ammount or should I just have 1 per gun?

You should have at least 2 for guns that require a magazine (one in the gun, one in the inventory). For Magnum, 1 speedloader is actually sufficient. You just manually load in ammo and keep the the speedloader in your inventory if/when you need to reload.

But it all depends on your play style really. Are you the spray and pray type or are you the person who wants to make each shot count?

Edited by weedmasta
  • Like 4

If you're going for an M4, or the clip-fed pistol at least 2 mags. One speedloader should do for the revolver.

EDIT: Damn you, Weedmasta! Beat me to it!! Have my beans for posting speed :P

Edited by Cenobyte
  • Like 1

It's up to you. It depends on the ammount your magazine can carry also. But for me, I carry max 3 mags, 1 in the M4 and 2 extras. (all 60 round coupled mags). If you talk about the FNX45, then it's up to you since they're all 15 rounds each and take only 1 space.

I mag in the gun + two spares (always 60/60s for the M4 if I can find them) same for the FNX, and the python, one spare if Im short on bag space (and I always am)

The way I see it if I ever need more than that I am dead anyway.

TBH I've never emptied a full 60/60 in a single firefight.

Edited by Franchi

Thanks for the replies guys, I am just looking for a clip for my FNX now

Good luck :D They are harder to find than M4 clips. At least in my experience.

I always find them in the Fire Station towers. Just be careful as its sniper target heaven

The clip-fed pistol

The pistols in DayZ use magazines, not clips.

I always carry around at least 3 mags, unless I can find 2 60-round mags.

The pistols in DayZ use magazines, not clips.

I always carry around at least 3 mags, unless I can find 2 60-round mags.

I apologise, my knowledge of guns is more or less nonexistant. I always thought the two words were interchangeable. :x

• Like 1

in my experience you only need 2 mags for your m4. Anything past that is kind of ridiculous as combat in this game wont be that intensive or interactive to the point you wont be able to stop, refill your mags, and keep going

I fill my combat vest with magazines as well as having one in my gun and 4 slots taken up by spare bullets in my backpack. It's more bullets than I am ever likely to need but better to be safe than sorry. I also like to use 40 round magazines as my primary because it isn't as in your face as the 60's.

Speaking of which, surely the double magazines should not be lootable at all and should be craftable only? 2 magazines+tape,done. Though I suppose combining 3 items is the tricky bit.

Edited by Jezza93

Personally I'd hold on to two clips, one in your gun & one in your shirt so it is right under your gun for easy switching. I also suggest leaving the inventory slots next to the clip not in your gun empty so you can remove it quick to reload the mag. Your main goal should be to find double duct taped clips and to unload every clip you find in your way! 

I apologise, my knowledge of guns is more or less nonexistant. I always thought the two words were interchangeable. :x

You're hardly alone in confusing the two. Short version: a magazine feeds a gun's chamber, whilst a clip is used to feed a magazine (often an internal magazine).

WHERE do you find all this ammo - Shot guns to rifles I find have no ammo or none in area ?

You should have at least 2 for guns that require a magazine (one in the gun, one in the inventory). For Magnum, 1 speedloader is actually sufficient. You just manually load in ammo and keep the the speedloader in your inventory if/when you need to reload.

But it all depends on your play style really. Are you the spray and pray type or are you the person who wants to make each shot count?

The speedloaders currently work like a magazine, i.e. they stay in the gun until they're empty. So you need two per gun to keep one filled in inventory.

I'd say you need 2-3 mags/clips per gun. Less than 2 and you can't reload quickly. More than 3 and you're wasting space on ammo that you won't be using anyway. 

This^

I have two FNX mags, one in the gun and one in my backpack.

I have two M4 mags, one in the gun and one in my backpack.

I always find them in the Fire Station towers. Just be careful as its sniper target heaven

I used to as well. And they were quite rare before, but now it seems they have become even rarer. I prefer the magnum anyway, so it is no biggie, it is just that the .45 ammo seems to be everywhere, and the pistols aren't that scarce either.

9 times out of 10 you only shoot a handful of bullets before you're dead. I don't know how many guys I've killed that have been reincarnations of Rambo. Most times they don't even get off a shot before I down them. :3

6vely.jpg

Three pistol mags, two spare and one loaded. Three 60 round mags for the m4, two spare and one loaded.

Are the implementing clips for the mosin because I'm pretty sure they have them in real life, most bolt action rifles that have an internal magazine do.

They should make the m4 magazines loadable only one round at a time, unless you have clips and a mag charger (might be a bit too in depth though lol)

Too add a reaffirming post of similar flavour ... 2 pistol mags (1 in gun and 1 in Backpack), for the M4 3 -4 mags (1 in gun rest in bag) depending on if I find 60's, for the SKS 2 stripper clips and normally 20 rounds in top pockets (that way I can stripper clip when need to or load from spare rounds if not in danger).