A-91

PP-90

Shotguns:

Bekas-M

MTS-225

Vepr-12

Saiga-12k

Cool weapons,

also i'm going to add them to my suggestion an item list =)) Find it in my signature

Remember these aren't confirmed.. They're just weapons that would make sense to be in the game.

The issue I see here is these are all military weapons. Where are the general civilian arms?

Side Note: PPSH is a Sub Machine gun, not an Assault rifle. This is characterized by its use of Pistol munitions namely the 9x18 Makarov round.

• Like 2

The issue I see here is these are all military weapons. Where are the general civilian arms?

Side Note: PPSH is a Sub Machine gun, not an Assault rifle. This is characterized by its use of Pistol munitions namely the 9x18 Makarov round.

I want to see many more small arms. While military items should be in the game, they should be exceedingly rare, especially in good condition. I would love to see shotguns of many kinds, pistols, flintlock rifles, and other improvised weapons before we add more military. Keep in mind, however, that there will likely be 100s of items that you can use (including a sharpened stick :)

• Like 3

A lot of these are reasonable (Most of the AKs save for AK-12 and AN-94, PPSh-41, SVT-40, etc.) but there would be no real point in them adding;

- The SVT-38, if the more common and similar SVT-40 already exists. No reason to work on two nearly identical rifles.

- The Federov Avtomat, few exist anymore outside of museums, and even fewer are still workable. Finding one like this would be nearly impossible. (Also, it's an Automatic Rifle, not select-fire or a battle rifle like the others)

- The AN-94 and AK-12, the AN-94 is only sparsely issued, and only to Russian special forces (not any other country). The AK-12 is still a prototype weapon so there's no real reason you'd find it in Chernarus either.

- The PKP is not really realistic either, considering they (for the most part) only exist in Russia and the few exports have been for testing purposes to replace older PKMs (which are a reasonable addition)

- The Strike One, P-96M, MP-412 (Emphasis on this one) and APS (To some extent). The Strike One never became huge, and the P-96 was relatively unpopular in Russia, leading to few existing. The MP-412 was, as Gews said, a stillborn prototype and never became released. The APS, while not entirely unrealistic, is not huge either.

- The AEK-919K, PP-2000, P-90 and PP-90. The AEK-919 and PP-2000 simply haven't spread around enough yet to make them worth having. The P-90, while common in Western countries, is hard to find in Eastern places. The PP-90 is an awful MP5 copy that was never popular either.

- I don't know much about the shotguns, but the Saiga 12K is actually quite popular for hunting so I can say it would be reasonable.

However, I think sometimes people assume that because DayZ is in a post-Soviet setting that any Russian/Eastern guns are realistic, while any western guns are not.

Guns like the MP5A3 and MP5K, G3A3/G3A4, FN FAL, Walther P-38, Mauser K-98K, Type 56, M16A2 and MP-40 would probably still be reasonable additions, but none of those are distinctly Russian.

• Like 3

- I don't know much about the shotguns, but the Saiga 12K is actually quite popular for hunting so I can say it would be reasonable.

However, I think sometimes people assume that because DayZ is in a post-Soviet setting that any Russian/Eastern guns are realistic, while any western guns are not.

Guns like the MP5A3 and MP5K, G3A3/G3A4, FN FAL, Walther P-38, Mauser K-98K, Type 56, M16A2 and MP-40 would probably still be reasonable additions, but none of those are distinctly Russian.

I agree with your statements here. My bone of contention is the majority of this list is of military arms or collector curio arms that have a degree of rarity associated with them even in the collectors community.

Along the lines of finding captured german arms from WW2, no one ever mentions finding the common MGs like the MG-34 and MG-42. Both of these were commonly issues among german soldiers and tons should've been captured. Or perhaps the actually Russian DPV from WW2. Even then they are curios arms that are rare to locate despite their common usage in the past.

I'd rather see the rise of more common civilian arms than stretching out and grabbing a lot more military tech.

Ruger 10/22, Browning Mk2 hunting rifle, CZ550, and a myriad of other readily available civilian weapons are along these lines.

But if everyone wants more military arms okay...

• Like 2

Made some modifications from your original list with some of my own

Rifles:

CZ-452 - .22LR Bolt Action Varmint rifle

CZ-527 - .223/5,56 or 7,62x39 Bolt Action Hunting Rifle

CZ-550 - 9.3x62 Bolt Action Hunting Rifle, bigger caliber for bigger game (like bears)

Remington 700 - .308 Bolt Action (like the 870 it's pretty common)

Short Magazine Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1 - .303 British Bolt Action Rifle

Masuer K98 - 7,62x92 Bolt Action

Saiga 308 - 308 semi-auto rifle manufactured by Saiga (Link)

SVD - 7,62x54R Semi-Auto
SVT-40 - 7,62x54R Semi-auto

Assault Rifles:
Akm

SA. Vz.58
Ak 74
Ak 74su (carbine)

LMGs:
RPK

RPK-74

Pistols:
TT-33
Makarov PM & PMM

GSh-18

CZ-75

Nagant M1895

M1917 - .45 ACP revolver

SMGs:
Sa. Vz.61 Skorpion -

PPS-43 - Like the PPSh-41 but with a 35 round stick magazine and slower rate of fire

PPSh-41

Shotguns:

CZ-584 - Over & Under Shotgun, 12 Gauge
Baikel M-133 - Pump Action 12 Gauge Shotgun
MTS-255 - 12 Gauge Revolving Shotgun
Saiga-12 - Hunting Version, attachments could come in the form of Military additions

KS-23 - Russian Riot Shotgun that fires 6 Gauge Shells

• Like 1

Some good suggestions in this list.  I think what we really need to remember is the more we ask/demand the Devs add, the worse the Loot Table Dilution is going to be.  I keep mentioning this, and it is not without cause.  Surely we can get by with one or two examples to fill each roll?  Take shotguns for example.  Right now we already have one in game, it looks like the Remington 870 is coming, and then they are adding the Blaser 97 Over/Under barrel - just not sure if the rifle or shotgun version.  But if it is the shotgun version, well yes - they are three distinctive shotguns.  Two have a one-two shot mode, one is a pump action.  They are all shotguns however, is whether you fire from over/under or side-by-side that important?  All I'm saying is, fill the roles first - no semi-automatic shotguns?  I'm not even talking mil-spec, or at least not full-auto - chaingunfighter mentioned some really good options above, especially the Saiga 12 which would make a lot of sense.

We have no SMG right now.  We have no LMG right now.  To be honest I don't know if we need either, but you can see what I'm saying.  I don't think we need three more bolt-action, 5 round mag, WWII era rifles.  I don't think we need a dozen different assault rifles.  Once they add the AK-74M, maybe add an HK and/or an FN as another NATO based rifle.  Once they add the CZ-75 pistol, maybe add in a Makarov and/or GSh-18 which are two very popular Russian-region pistols in military and police service - plus the Makarov would have had huge surplus from the Soviet-era, so I'm sure you can get one today in Eastern Europe no problem.  Once the add the Ruger 10/22, maybe add another bolt-action hunting rifle like a CZ or a Remington - maybe, because don't they just fill the same roll as the Mosin?  If we did all of what I suggested above, including one SMG and one LMG we are up to 14 firearms in the game.  And that is not even counting the impending bows/crossbows.

Surely those kinds of numbers are enough, even if we didn't use the specifically mentioned weapons?  Fourteen weapons can be a lot if you are looking for a specific one of those.  The other thing to keep in mind is, if you're mentioning a weapon that is not chambered in an existing caliber (or soon to be existing caliber, which will be the 5.45x39mm, 9x19mm, and .22 caliber) then we need even more ammo types.  More ammo types will mean it will be that much harder to find specific ammo for the weapon you do manage to find.

PPS use 7.62x25, 9x18 wasn't around when they were designed as far as I know.

Edited by dvsilverwing

I agree with your statements here. My bone of contention is the majority of this list is of military arms or collector curio arms that have a degree of rarity associated with them even in the collectors community.

Along the lines of finding captured german arms from WW2, no one ever mentions finding the common MGs like the MG-34 and MG-42. Both of these were commonly issues among german soldiers and tons should've been captured. Or perhaps the actually Russian DPV from WW2. Even then they are curios arms that are rare to locate despite their common usage in the past.

I'd rather see the rise of more common civilian arms than stretching out and grabbing a lot more military tech.

Ruger 10/22, Browning Mk2 hunting rifle, CZ550, and a myriad of other readily available civilian weapons are along these lines.

But if everyone wants more military arms okay...

Well, like I said, my philosophy is that they should always (at least currently) put more work into improvised, civilian, and Eastern weapons over anything else, but they have a rather large art/modeling department so I can't be mad if one of them wants to work on a military gun. 

My posts about military-grade weapons are mainly for the long-term, but who knows? I wouldn't get mad if they did an MG-42 but I think an MG-3 would be a little more realistic for the present times, as actual working MG-42s are very rare even compared to 98ks and MP-40s (at least those were simpler to maintain). 

I don't even want them to focus on guns right now, though, I want them to do crossbows/compound bows/flare guns or craftable weapons, other ranged weapons besides guns, or maybe have them expand upon the melee weapons. Most of the current melee weapons are actual "weapons" and not really improvised.

I don't even want them to focus on guns right now, though, I want them to do crossbows/compound bows/flare guns or craftable weapons, other ranged weapons besides guns, or maybe have them expand upon the melee weapons. Most of the current melee weapons are actual "weapons" and not really improvised.

Honestly this.  The models for upcoming guns look done (wasn't it you that posted images in my other thread?  pretty sure it was) so I also would love to see the art team working on fleshing out the "improvised" weapons and the hunting/foraging aspects of the game.  Too many mil-spec weapons and this is BF with zombies and some survival elements.  Honestly that's just my opinion - I want this game to be different because I don't know that it every wanted to be/could be the top end shooters.  But I don't really play those games - I'd have to do bunch of uppers to keep up with these kids nowadays and that ain't my style.  This game is different, a survival games that happens to have guns in it, as well as zombies. 

That is fun to me, but then again who am I to dump on anyone else's idea of fun?  Just saying there are other games out there featuring a much wider selection of guns, and a lot of them even have zombies too.  Let's leave those games be who they are, and this game who it is.

Made some modifications from your original list with some of my own

Rifles:

CZ-452 - .22LR Bolt Action Varmint rifle

CZ-527 - .223/5,56 or 7,62x39 Bolt Action Hunting Rifle

CZ-550 - 9.3x62 Bolt Action Hunting Rifle, bigger caliber for bigger game (like bears)

Remington 700 - .308 Bolt Action (like the 870 it's pretty common)

Short Magazine Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1 - .303 British Bolt Action Rifle

Masuer K98 - 7,62x92 Bolt Action

Saiga 308 - 308 semi-auto rifle manufactured by Saiga (Link)

SVD - 7,62x54R Semi-Auto

SVT-40 - 7,62x54R Semi-auto

Assault Rifles:

Akm

SA. Vz.58

Ak 74

Ak 74su (carbine)

LMGs:

RPK

RPK-74

Pistols:

TT-33

Makarov PM & PMM

GSh-18

CZ-75

Nagant M1895

M1917 - .45 ACP revolver

SMGs:

Sa. Vz.61 Skorpion -

PPS-43 - Like the PPSh-41 but with a 35 round stick magazine and slower rate of fire

PPSh-41

Shotguns:

CZ-584 - Over & Under Shotgun, 12 Gauge

Baikel M-133 - Pump Action 12 Gauge Shotgun

MTS-255 - 12 Gauge Revolving Shotgun

Saiga-12 - Hunting Version, attachments could come in the form of Military additions

KS-23 - Russian Riot Shotgun that fires 6 Gauge Shells

I'd find the RPD reasonable enough to include. I doubt you would find many SMLEs, but I guess that their canonical existence in Takistan is enough to justify it. I don't know, I doubt anyone really wants a Lee-Enfield after how bad it was in the mod.

Also, the CZ-75 and AK-74 are essentially confirmed.

I'd find the RPD reasonable enough to include. I doubt you would find many SMLEs, but I guess that their canonical existence in Takistan is enough to justify it. I don't know, I doubt anyone really wants a Lee-Enfield after how bad it was in the mod.

Also, the CZ-75 and AK-74 are essentially confirmed.

Dude, Lee-"Dinner Bell"-Enfield was the best thing in the mod! Slow, noisy and difficult to use, but when compared to an axe you held before it seemed like a rocket launcher from heavens!

I had my best mod-times with Mr. Lee, and the game got more boring after gearing up with military guns!

We need a better melee system. More types of guns, less of them to be found. 

Melee should be the baseline, while having a firearm a luxury.

We need a better melee system. More types of guns, less of them to be found. 

Melee should be the baseline, while having a firearm a luxury.

I understand your point of view, but...

If I was in a zombie apocalypse, I'd stay the f**k out of melee with zombies (or infected or whatever) unless cornered and it was the only option.

Then again, if I was in a zombie apocalypse, I'd propably be the one trying to eat your face...

Not saying we don't need a better melee, but it should not be the baseline. Sneaky sneaky until equipped with some kind of gun. And preferably sneaky after that also.

Melee should be the baseline though. 

It imposes a bleak feeling. It makes it scary, knowing if you want that guys stuff, you're going to have to get close and personal.

But what if that guy also has a pistol tucked away that he worked hard to find. You don't know that, but you want his stuff, and you can't take it from him by shooting him from 300 meters away in a bush. Firearms should be a prize, not something I can always find without fail.

• Like 1

A lot of these are reasonable (Most of the AKs save for AK-12 and AN-94, PPSh-41, SVT-40, etc.) but there would be no real point in them adding;

- The SVT-38, if the more common and similar SVT-40 already exists. No reason to work on two nearly identical rifles.

- The Federov Avtomat, few exist anymore outside of museums, and even fewer are still workable. Finding one like this would be nearly impossible. (Also, it's an Automatic Rifle, not select-fire or a battle rifle like the others)

- The AN-94 and AK-12, the AN-94 is only sparsely issued, and only to Russian special forces (not any other country). The AK-12 is still a prototype weapon so there's no real reason you'd find it in Chernarus either.

- The PKP is not really realistic either, considering they (for the most part) only exist in Russia and the few exports have been for testing purposes to replace older PKMs (which are a reasonable addition)

- The Strike One, P-96M, MP-412 (Emphasis on this one) and APS (To some extent). The Strike One never became huge, and the P-96 was relatively unpopular in Russia, leading to few existing. The MP-412 was, as Gews said, a stillborn prototype and never became released. The APS, while not entirely unrealistic, is not huge either.

- The AEK-919K, PP-2000, P-90 and PP-90. The AEK-919 and PP-2000 simply haven't spread around enough yet to make them worth having. The P-90, while common in Western countries, is hard to find in Eastern places. The PP-90 is an awful MP5 copy that was never popular either.

This. Exept the APS, which is still in production and limited use with military, but especially law-enforcement.

You also left out the A-91 and PP-19.

This. Exept the APS, which is still in production and limited use with military, but especially law-enforcement.

You also left out the A-91 and PP-19.

Yeah the APS I was on the fence about. I think it would make a good addition though, as there aren't very many viable "machine-pistols" and they would change up the gunplay a bit.

The A-91 I did forget, but it's not realistic either.

The PP-19 I left out intentionally because it is the most realistic of any of the SMGs he listed, and honestly the only other SMGs that would be realistic would be the PPSh-41, MP5A3/A4/A5 and MP5K (Maybe an MP-40 and PPS-43, too)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I know it isn't a widely used weapon but I would love an AN94,it's pretty perfect for an zombie killing.