nickv33

List of Ideal Weapons for the SA

Forgot the AK-47 the really need to add the classic AK no akm there just weird

But AK-47s are pretty rare nowadays, AKMs are the most common, and thus most authentic version. I would like to see a rarer Type 56 with ability for a bayonet, but who knows?

I would say when the AK-74M comes in, just add the option to find and attach Wood-style Stocks and Hanguards to replace the standard issue black plastic ones.  Will give you the same feeling without having to make a dedicated 7.62 AK round.

What, most of the time when you see a person or a publication referring to "AK-47s" they are actually talking about AKMs, Type 56s, etc. I would definitely add the AKM before the AK-47, and I would lean towards not even adding an AK-47 at all... they certainly aren't rare but I'd have to do more research on the exact production numbers, where they all went to and where they are most prevalent...

The AKM looks classic to me

HLlKPOP.jpg?1

The '47 should definitely not be added, people only vote for it in polls etc because it's so widely publicised.

AK-47_AKM.jpg

They are near identical at a glance, realistically it makes little difference but really it should be the AKM that makes the cut but the AK74, this has been the standard rifle of the Russian Army since 1974 and was mostly adopted by ex-soviet republics too. So realistically the CDF would use the AK74. The AKM might be around here and there in Chernarus, but the army shouldn't have been using it but perhaps a few civilians.

And for reference,this is the '74.

Ak74l.jpg

Looks similiar huh? Although I believe the newer ones look more like this.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111121003713/deadliestfiction/images/thumb/7/7f/AK-74M.jpg/1000px-AK-74M.jpg

Edited by Jezza93
  • Like 2

The AKM might be around here and there in Chernarus, but the army shouldn't have been using it but perhaps a few civilians.

This is how is was in ARMA, the CDF was still using AK-74s in 2009 - the guerilla and insurgent factions were the ones still using AKMs.

This is what I'm thinking:

-AK-47 is standardized by the Soviets in 1949, and is produced until 1959 (10 years)

-this means there are many millions of AK-47s

-the AKM is introduced in 1959

-from 1959 onwards it serves as the standard rifle until replaced in front-line service by the AK-74 (15-17 years)

-what happened to all the AK-47s? They wouldn't have destroyed them. There are too many to be useful just sitting there

-what did the superpowers like to do during the Cold War? Trying to draw countries into their spheres of influence

-the Soviets sold or gave away huge amounts of surplus weapons to countries in the Middle East and Africa

So I would assume - most AK-47s today are seen in the Middle East or Africa. No evidence, just conjecture...

• Like 1

Made some modifications from your original list with some of my own

Rifles:

CZ-452 - .22LR Bolt Action Varmint rifle

CZ-527 - .223/5,56 or 7,62x39 Bolt Action Hunting Rifle

CZ-550 - 9.3x62 Bolt Action Hunting Rifle, bigger caliber for bigger game (like bears)

Remington 700 - .308 Bolt Action (like the 870 it's pretty common)

Short Magazine Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1 - .303 British Bolt Action Rifle

Masuer K98 - 7,62x92 Bolt Action

Saiga 308 - 308 semi-auto rifle manufactured by Saiga (Link)

SVD - 7,62x54R Semi-Auto

SVT-40 - 7,62x54R Semi-auto

Assault Rifles:

Akm

SA. Vz.58

Ak 74

Ak 74su (carbine)

LMGs:

RPK

RPK-74

Pistols:

TT-33

Makarov PM & PMM

GSh-18

CZ-75

Nagant M1895

M1917 - .45 ACP revolver

SMGs:

Sa. Vz.61 Skorpion -

PPS-43 - Like the PPSh-41 but with a 35 round stick magazine and slower rate of fire

PPSh-41

Shotguns:

CZ-584 - Over & Under Shotgun, 12 Gauge

Baikel M-133 - Pump Action 12 Gauge Shotgun

MTS-255 - 12 Gauge Revolving Shotgun

Saiga-12 - Hunting Version, attachments could come in the form of Military additions

KS-23 - Russian Riot Shotgun that fires 6 Gauge Shells

Now this is a good list. One of the better ones I've seen for sure.

On the other hand I don't agree with the sentiment expressed by - Karma - at all. I think having a wide selection of firearms is crucial for providing a realistic environment. The reason you're proposing that there be only one weapon per use is derived from a FPS mindset whereby balance is the key factor. Balance shouldn't be what the devs aim for when it comes to weapons they should be trying to achieve variety and authenticity. Not to mention gun enthusiasts like myself will be extremely upset if there merely 10-15 weapons in the final release. 'More weapons, less spawns' is my motto.

AA-12 with all those different ammunition types.

And as soon as we get helicopters, we need a .50 cal sniper rifle.

L85A2 - there's UK vests so the UK must have been involved, so why not include the standard issue rifle of the UK armed forces.

Queen.jpg

This is how is was in ARMA, the CDF was still using AK-74s in 2009 - the guerilla and insurgent factions were the ones still using AKMs.

This is what I'm thinking:

-AK-47 is standardized by the Soviets in 1949, and is produced until 1959 (10 years)

-this means there are many millions of AK-47s

-the AKM is introduced in 1959

-from 1959 onwards it serves as the standard rifle until replaced in front-line service by the AK-74 (15-17 years)

-what happened to all the AK-47s? They wouldn't have destroyed them. There are too many to be useful just sitting there

-what did the superpowers like to do during the Cold War? Trying to draw countries into their spheres of influence

-the Soviets sold or gave away huge amounts of surplus weapons to countries in the Middle East and Africa

So I would assume - most AK-47s today are seen in the Middle East or Africa. No evidence, just conjecture...

Thats pretty good conjecture. It's been confirmed though from the Vietnam conflict our NVA regulars were carrying soviet made AK-47s or the chinese Type 56. As these are pretty much the same rifle to the degree that parts are interchangable between them. 

But that was certainly true in a lot of brush wars during the cold war.

I really hope the firearms stay sparse, not nearly impossible to find, but rare*ish*. However I'd like to see more civilian firearms that would be common in eastern european countries/ex-Sovjet states.

The problem I personally have with adding .50cal rifles and a vast array of military weapons is that I think the game will lose its survival-horror feel and just become singleplayer-ARMA where everyone runs around with obscure experimental or single purpose military arms.

It, to me, doesn't really make sense that in a zombie infested no-go zone, that there's state-of-the-art military gear lying around. Especially weapons that is generally only available to SOF and rarely used even by such units.

I'd rather see that you would be able to tie a stone to the end of a rope or duct-tape a kitchen knife to a stick than the ability for people to hang around on a rooftop 2 km away and snipe anything that moves.

I think DayZ needs more modern wep instead old one... I mean comon-.- we are in 2014.. lol

i think it needs more civilian and less military. To easy to kill people with military weapons, agreed?

I think DayZ needs more modern wep instead old one... I mean comon-.- we are in 2014.. lol

But Dayz is not.

just to know, is this a military simulation or a survival game?

why adding new guns?

increase melee weapons instead, that's what you find and use during an emergency.

in survival games you should be afraid to die, what's the point in increasing weapons?

play fallout 3 if you want tons of weapons and irradiated monsters.

Edited by darkmaniak

just to know, is this a military simulation or a survival game?

why adding new guns?

increase melee weapons instead, that's what you find and use during an emergency.

in survival games you should be afraid to die, what's the point in increasing weapons?

play fallout 3 if you want tons of weapons and irradiated monsters.

Maybe that's true in the UK, Germany and Australia, but in almost every other country, guns are relatively common, even fully-automatic. I wish we knew what gun laws Chernarus had... 

As for the AKM, it WAS used by the "Militia" in arma. The militia was a CDF-Loyal paramilitary force, that i guess kept the borders secure or something. It was also the Insurgent's main rifle. 

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 PM

reem, on 07 Feb 2014 - 3:45 PM, said:snapback.png

But Dayz is not.

no, dayz is in 2017