Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Tango

Running the game

Hey all. Recently ran some tests due to some freezing in dayz. I found out im over recommended specs for arma II and about half way past minimum on operation arrowhead. My specs are

---------------------------------

Mother Board- Asus amd

Processor- Amd dual core 3.o ghz

memory- 2 gigs

two hard drives = 800 gigs

Graphics card - gtx 460

sound card- on board

power supply- bfg 600 watt

Operating system- Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

---------------------------------

From that i get some freezing so what should i do? should i buy more memory? i was thinking maybe 8 gigs ((2) 4 gig memory cards)

Should i pick up another graphics card? this is a custom build i picked up for $700 dollars. All comments are appreciated thanks!!

The problem is most likely your CPU. ARMA loves CPUs and yours is pretty anemic. More ram and an upgrade to win7 64 bit wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I don't think you should be having any issues, I have a similar (slightly more powerful) build.

Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3

Core i3-530 dual core @ 2.93ghz (overclocked @ 3.53)

4 (2x2) GB dualchannel G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600

XFX ATi HD5850 1GB @ stock clocks

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I get anywhere from 25-45fps in towns, to 60+fps in the wilderness. All visual settings on Highs/Very Highs except post-processing, which I always leave Off. I tend to run AA Off (as it is useless with my rendering setup, as you'll see) and AF on Normal. In lieu of post-processing I have the interface res at 1920x1080 (my monitor's native res) but the renderer is set to 85% of that resolution, or somesuch, which produces a nice blur effect that makes the game look more realistic while actually giving me a slight framerate boost. Still, the game is generally very playable in all situations.

I haven't had any hard lockups or crashing, but YMMV.

I had freezes too. Not anymore, just remember to close the Six Launcher once you get into a server and you are good to go.