powfeast

Stuck at server loading screen

Hello Everyone!

I am new to DayZ Standalone and this forum. I've played DayZ for couple of days and then there was a update and after that my game started freezing when loading (internet tab) server list, When it displays server loading screen I can hear background noise like air, birds etc. and also grass waving animation (but no character in the background) but as soon as I do any action such as click on refresh, cancel, or change tab etc. on that screen, my game freezes but background sound continues to play. When this happens task manger shows DayZ is not responding and I cannot even kill the process.

I tried uninstalling/installing, verifying game files, running steam in administrator mode, deleting "appcache" folder and restarting steam etc. but non helped so far.

I appreciate any help on this issue.

My Specs:

Intel Core I7 @ 3.40Ghz
8GB Ram
1Terabyte HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Thanks everyone.

I was going to suggest what you already have done!! Is there an update for your gpu available?? Other games run the same way??

Are you in the stable or experimental branch in game??

I was going to suggest what you already have done!! Is there an update for your gpu available?? Other games run the same way??

Are you in the stable or experimental branch in game??

Thanks for your reply. Other games work just fine. And how do I know if I am on experimental or stable branch? I just bought it on steam and it got installed. 

Right click on dayz through steam library and click properties, there should be a tab in which you can choose from stable to experimental branch, at the moment i can't check as im not at home but tell me if you find it and try to switch between branches to see if it "fixes"

Lets hope someone better than me replies lol

I get the same problem. Was working fine last night, then I got home from work today, installed today's new update (stable) and its broken. It also looks like the game loads in the wrong resolution, more like 720p instead of 1080p. I tried toggling that resolution setting back and forth and it makes no difference. Then I go into the server list and its empty. As soon as I click cancel it locks up, can still hear the sounds though. And like above, you cannot quit the process, have to force reboot the pc.

I also tried everything powfeast did, reinstall etc, no change.  <_<

I get the same problem. Was working fine last night, then I got home from work today, installed today's new update (stable) and its broken. It also looks like the game loads in the wrong resolution, more like 720p instead of 1080p. I tried toggling that resolution setting back and forth and it makes no difference. Then I go into the server list and its empty. As soon as I click cancel it locks up, can still hear the sounds though. And like above, you cannot quit the process, have to force reboot the pc.

I also tried everything powfeast did, reinstall etc, no change.  <_<

hey man,

remember that once you receive an update, normally the game resets personal options such as vídeo or anything else(don't know if it happened on this update,haven't check it out yet) but see around in the options menu if something is wrong on vídeo settings that's lowering your quality

but you say you have to force reboot the pc??or just dayz exe??

hey man,

remember that once you receive an update, normally the game resets personal options such as vídeo or anything else(don't know if it happened on this update,haven't check it out yet) but see around in the options menu if something is wrong on vídeo settings that's lowering your quality

but you say you have to force reboot the pc??or just dayz exe??

All of my settings are the same as before, but the resolution is wrong even though it still says 1920x1080. I noticed right away because the mouse pointer and the "Early Access Game" notification are much bigger. I've tried selecting different resolutions in the video menu but it doesn't change it at all.

When it locks up in the server menu, it sometimes lets me back out to the main menu/title screen but then non of the buttons are clickable (play, character etc). I have to reboot the pc, you can't quit the exe in task manager.

I figured it out. Since the patch my firewall (Eset Smart Security) is blocking something. Normally it would popup and tell me if something new is trying to connect in or out but not with this game. It runs fine with the firewall disabled, so now I've added an exception in the firewall settings to allow all traffic in/out for dayz.exe and its still working fine.

As for the resolution issue I had, I only just noticed that the user interface has its own resolution setting, that's what reset during the patch. I've changed it back to 1080 and its fine now.  B)

• Like 1