zifadel

Do you feel forced to use a Mosin?

My friends and I typically play together, whether we are performing heinous acts of murder or helping the occasional passive new spawn. I typically prefer to use the M4 and go in for tactical and upclose encounters, while my friend provides overwatch.

When we are on the outskirts of a town, airfield etc I feel completely blind to movement and people in the area and my friend with a long range scope has to communicate all movement to me. Since there are no binos in the game as of yet, I feel I have to make a decision between using a gun I am more comfortable with and being able to scout effectively.

Yeah, pretty much. Either I run in and die, or I camp and kill.

I prefer the mosin and will dump an M4 in favor of one, and no, I don't camp. It's so much more accurate at any moderate range, though an m4 tricked out with all pristine attachments isn't as ridiculously inaccurate as the stock m4.

Hold right mouse button for elf vision.

Still nothing compared to a long range scope.

The ACOG does fine for zooming.

The M4 is generally the more useful weapon.  I don't know how many times I have rushed a poor Mosin player in the woods or on the outskirts.  But you are right, there is a need for some form of binocular.

• Like 1

Mosin + Magnum + hatchet. I can kill evrything with this combination without messing around with two rifles. :P

Mosin + Magnum + hatchet. I can kill evrything with this combination without messing around with two rifles. :P

But m4 is like mosin, magnum and hatchet combined into 1 item.

PS.

It will get even better when bayonets start to work.

Edited by Frosti

mosin 500m + engagements, everything else m4.  or if I just run with mosin I change m4 for pu scope..

I don't even carry a secondary weapon when I have the M4.  You don't need it.  You will be dead long before you run dry of ammo.

• Like 3

But m4 is like mosin, magnum and hatchet combined into 1 item.

I was testing it, I feel better with my combo.

I will again testing - messing arround with two rifles, when I get access to M4.

M4 is not replacing the hatchet. Or silencer works now?

Edited by NoCheats

all my encounters so far have been in close quarters situations, all my player kills have been with the magnum.. i stick to the m4 for looks alone..

• Like 1

I feel I have to make a decision between using a gun I am more comfortable with and being able to scout effectively.

Exactly, there are very few clear cut no brainer choices. For everything you gain you loose something. As it should be.

• Like 1

But in reality, the M4 is MORE accurate than a Mosin.

Mosin are and were cheap.  I picked up mine for less than $100.  THe thing can't hit much.  I have shot several and all have the same issue.  It is an okay gun, but my AR frames are much more accurate.  I get that there needs to be game balance, but the two have very different profiles in real life compared to the game.

Only because sniping has the advantage of stealth and lethal surprise.

Survival just doesn't make it feasible to engage in open brute force close quarters combat with an m4.

except when a russian, a german and a brit walk into a bar in elektro at the same time...

sounds like the start of the best joke ever....

Only because sniping has the advantage of stealth and lethal surprise.

Survival just doesn't make it feasible to engage in open brute force close quarters combat with an m4.

But in reality, the M4 is MORE accurate than a Mosin.

Mosin are and were cheap.  I picked up mine for less than $100.  THe thing can't hit much.  I have shot several and all have the same issue.  It is an okay gun, but my AR frames are much more accurate.  I get that there needs to be game balance, but the two have very different profiles in real life compared to the game.

Well if you are going for survival, and thus will never enter into any hot zone then mosin + sidearm is just fine.

all my encounters so far have been in close quarters situations, all my player kills have been with the magnum.. i stick to the m4 for looks alone..

The Duke would be proud

As others have alluded to, it really depends on your play style.The best solution is to have one player with an M4 and one with a Mosin. The player with the M4 can loot while the player with the Mosin provides overwatch. I'm really looking forward to the SKS because it should fill a multipurpose role somewhere between the M4 and Mosin. 

My friends and I typically play together, whether we are performing heinous acts of murder or helping the occasional passive new spawn. I typically prefer to use the M4 and go in for tactical and upclose encounters, while my friend provides overwatch.

When we are on the outskirts of a town, airfield etc I feel completely blind to movement and people in the area and my friend with a long range scope has to communicate all movement to me. Since there are no binos in the game as of yet, I feel I have to make a decision between using a gun I am more comfortable with and being able to scout effectively.

There's a reason the Mosin and the M4 exist, because one can't do the job of the other. 

What your describing is exactly how it should be. If you want to have long range capabilities and see everything, get a mosin with LRS. If you want to be a CQB effective player, you need an M4 with appropriate sites. You can't have both

OP: Yup I do.
The M4 sometimes even at close range barely hits targets.

I had a double clip (60 rounds) full and was trying to help people back at the coast.  As always even though you say you're friendly people want your gear so they attack you.

I was ganged up on by two fresh spawns and pulled out the M4 to defend. Unloaded that clip on both and they were just bleeding. My guess would be Medium range as I was not anywhere near a sniping distance.

Forced to pull out the revolver and in two shots they were no longer attacking me.

I'm about to give up on heading back to help bambis. I like stocking up on bandages and tuna to give out.  The mentality is.  I've got nothing to lose and if I beat this guy into unconsciousness I get his gear.

I'd gladly trade my M4 for a mosin anyday.

Have you ever fired an m4 or ask fully auto? Not too many shots will be on target.

I think the mid range accuracy is fine, but longer ranged, out to 300 can be tricky.