Sign in to follow this  
IHaveNoSpoon

Are there any plans to add new maps to the SA? (Ex. Lingor)

I love DayZ SA and I know they are constantly adding new landmarks to the current map, but I was curious and wanted to know if Dean or any of the other developers have said anything about adding maps to the SA?

I don't mean added in the next update but maybe in the Beta or final release of the game.

Sorry for the confusion by maps I mean like new locations like Lingor and Namalsk

Edited by IHaveNoSpoon

What... there are already.... maps...?

Sorry by maps I mean like from the mod there are Lingor, Namalsk, etc.

Oh okay, sorry, I had a moment..

I would like to see a few things detailed into the maps found in game would be nice.

I believe that there are plans to open up the development of SA for modders once it has reached full release. Rocket has intimated as much. They're also planning on adding to Chernarus+ ... they had Utes below Skalsity Island, but felt that it looked silly, so are going to work on a new island there from scratch.

I'd love to see maps like Namalsk, Taviana and Panthera ported over. And Altis, which is huge.

• Like 2

They're focused on Chenarus+ at the moment.  However Dean has stated he wants to do a 'Western' map at some point after Release (we're in Alpha right now, ((Alpha>Beta>Release)) )

• Like 1

I'd like to see a map with huge cities where you can hide in allys and get lost on the streets, with big buildings properly built as a school or hospital. 

Or something like Raccoon City, just one city...a big ass huge city (with forests and all to camping and shit)

resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-pc-

• Like 2

I sincerely hope there aren't just more port-overs from Arma. While I think Chernarus+ is great, I think DayZ could use with doing everything it can to break away from its Arma, mil-sim roots. I do like the sound of a more western map! Though, this post-soviet state thing has woo'ed me with its charm. 

Urban survival, in a huge metropolis would be a crazy contrast to the countryside of Chernarus. Picking rats out of garbage cans like berries in a bush!

• Like 3

Rocket pretty recently made an offhand reference to wanting more maps in the future. I think it was on Sacriel's stream or something but I forget the exact source. 

Urban survival, in a huge metropolis would be a crazy contrast to the countryside of Chernarus. Picking rats out of garbage cans like berries in a bush!

I'd love to see a large scale, metropolitan scenario - the towns at the moment are just that, towns, I'd love to see a huge city. Multi-storey apartment buildings, department stores (mostly looted) and office buildings.

Unfortunately I imagine that something of the scale I have in mind wouldn't be feasible - for the engine or the time the devs would need to spend on it. 

• Like 1

Well, even though I find the metropolis concept quite alluring, the developers are right now concentrating on Chernarus+.

Chernarus has a charm. It's bleak. it's ordinary. It's real world. It has a real atmosphere. If they were to make a unique map, i hope it would tick the same boxes as the current map. I hope they DO make a 'western' style map. As long as it was a good mix of rural / urban / city. 

An other idea would be an adjoining map. One that connects to the north and to the west perhaps. That way, the virus (whatever happened to the living) has spread to the nearby countries. Just an idea.

Zeo

• Like 2

Well, even though I find the metropolis concept quite alluring, the developers are right now concentrating on Chernarus+.

And well they should stay concentrating on Chernarus+! I love the details they are adding that bring to life the back story of what happened to the map. Someone said that Hicks mentioned a new large prison going in at some point...maybe in the northwest corner?

Would be cool to see the DayZ concept applied to a place like NYC or London though. It's probably not very feasible without building a completely new engine, designed specifically for that type of setting.

Edited by kuma8877

Phoenix Arizona, or Denver Colorado, would be a cool Western map... big city in the middle of a valley with mountains/hills on all sides.

• Like 1

The prison was suppose to go on Utes, but I keep hearing conflicting info on that.  Some say Rocket wasn't happy with the prison on Utes ('felt like it was too forced' or some such) and is deciding on somewhere else to put it.  Others say that Utes is being removed completely (even though it technically hasn't been added in yet)..

I believe it was said the 'western' map was going to be one large urban area (A New York/London type city) that would have outlying suburbs and wooded/rural areas at the edges.  We honestly won't know as I'm sure even Rocket only has a vague idea in his head of what he wants the 'new map' to be.

I vote for a single big huge town as a map or a map with towns twice the size of Elektrozavodsk or Chernogorks