Deathlove

I Have A Question About The New Log Out Timer Mechanic.

So since sitting down in general makes us drop our weapon does that mean we forfeit our second weapon when we are forced to sit down during log out?

Anyone notice or try this yet? I don't think anyone has brought that up yet.

I am pretty sure you lose whatever is in your hands on log out anyways, I was holding a sawed off for a buddy was going to meet up with him and hook him up, server restarts, I hop back on and it is gone

I am pretty sure you lose whatever is in your hands on log out anyways, I was holding a sawed off for a buddy was going to meet up with him and hook him up, server restarts, I hop back on and it is gone

Aww that blows. See this is why you need to be able to craft a strap for an extra weapon or at least be able to fit one in a mountain pack or make a damn military pack that can carry an extra gun.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Actually you dont, it ends up under your backpack and you can currently relog how ever many times you want without issues, i should know i tend to do it..

• Like 1

Slings would be nice, work just as the holster does for the handguns, basically to give it it's own slot instead of shouldered, but then IMO you would be a walking armory, imagine carrying a fully decked out M4 for close-quarters combat, then having a decked out Mosin or SKS for your longer range engagements, I know from personal experience that walking around in full-kit with a side arm and a rifle is extremely demanding on the body, at times our full kits in the Army can exceed 100 pounds and raise our body temps in excess of 10 degrees core temp!

Actually you dont, it ends up under your backpack and you can currently relog how ever many times you want without issues, i should know i tend to do it..

Ah okay, see I did not have the space in my inventory to do so, so I lost it good to know! :D

Although I did not see it 'under' my back pack since I already had an M4 shouldered and fireaxe

Edited by teufel937

On stable you don't drop what's in your hands on logout. Are you saying on experimental you do? Cause that blows, and in my opinion is major problem that needs to be fixed. I liked that you could take 2 weapons but had to use your hands. It kept it balanced.

Not sure if it was a bug but when the server had restarted and I was booted, when I rejoined the sawed-off was gone, not on the floor, not in my inventory or in my hands.

So unless it was a bug? or error? that only happened to me I will have to test it out next time I come across a spare weapon, only down fall I would say is movement speed to be running around with all that gear and it just paints a bigger target on your back.

Slings would be nice, work just as the holster does for the handguns, basically to give it it's own slot instead of shouldered, but then IMO you would be a walking armory, imagine carrying a fully decked out M4 for close-quarters combat, then having a decked out Mosin or SKS for your longer range engagements, I know from personal experience that walking around in full-kit with a side arm and a rifle is extremely demanding on the body, at times our full kits in the Army can exceed 100 pounds and raise our body temps in excess of 10 degrees core temp!

Ah okay, see I did not have the space in my inventory to do so, so I lost it good to know! :D

Although I did not see it 'under' my back pack since I already had an M4 shouldered and fireaxe

Not really by the time they put in more weapons it will be just pick and choose for the most. So i mean you could do it to be honest it cant be something like an LMG id imagine but rifle, mosin or AR should have np making a sling for.

I think the biggest thing would be the animation for the sling for it to be added.

If they ever decided to add in a mini gun type like what you see in Predator. It would basically be the ONLY weapon you could carry on you at all times. Weight would be a huge factor in movement and it should take up an entire back pack slot to. And you would need to find ammo boxes and fill them with the specific caliber required to operate the gun. It would be slow reving up and eats ammo like crazy so situation would be choice.

Sorry felt i needed to swing out this idea for backpack types that would be dependent on one gun and ONLY one gun type.

I just want to see hydration systems such as CamelBaks, and Multi-Tools such as Leathermans and Gerbers :)

I just want to see hydration systems such as CamelBaks, and Multi-Tools such as Leathermans and Gerbers :)

Yes id like to see that stuff to and as i mentioned MILITARY back packs. Where the hell did they all go? lol

Are you talking about the hunting packs with all the nifty pouches?

If so they are always littered in the barracks of the Military Base near Vybor, thats what I use

Edited by teufel937

165258_ts.jpgAre you talking about the hunting packs with all the nifty pouches?

If so they are always littered in the barracks of the Military Base near Vybor, thats what I use

3043562_f248.jpg

Naw like actual military surplus backpacks you can buy.

I guess they can be considered for hunting to :P

For those that think i want this to be COD i dont. It would just be something rare military wise you could find besides the mountain packs.

Edited by Deathlove

Oh ok like a Military Issue rucksack? They pretty much look just like the hunting pack, lol... I personally hate mine with a burning passion because of all the crap I have to stuff in it and ruck march with for 20 miles..

I've tested weapon in hands on experimental and yes you drop it when you log out (i had a mate logout to see what would happen) but when you log back in it will appear you do not have it on you but if you press tab it'll be in your inv (in it's own unique slot) just drag it out onto the ground and pick it back up and you're good to go.

Edited by twingunz

I've tested weapon in hands on experimental and yes you drop it when you log out (i had a mate logout to see what would happen) but when you log back in it will appear you do not have it on you but if you press tab it'll be in your inv (in it's own unique slot) just drag it out onto the ground and pick it back up and you're good to go.

Ok sounds good :)

3043562_f248.jpg

Naw like actual military surplus backpacks you can buy.

I guess they can be considered for hunting to :P

For those that think i want this to be COD i dont. It would just be something rare military wise you could find besides the mountain packs.

Oh that god awful thing I hate it so much! LOL, I have one sitting my closet next to my IOTV !!

You can attach a lot of shit to it too since it has the molle webbing :)

I have my e-tool and sustainment pouches on mine as well as a "pouch" for my CamelBak to go in so I don't have to stuff it inside.

Oh that god awful thing I hate it so much! LOL, I have one sitting my closet next to my IOTV !!

You can attach a lot of shit to it too since it has the molle webbing :)

I have my e-tool and sustainment pouches on mine as well as a "pouch" for my CamelBak to go in so I don't have to stuff it inside.

Well bonuses you could carry more and possibly an extra AR type but the penalties would be moving slower and dehydration is faster if you choose to wear this kind of gear. You know positives and negatives that weigh good together and dont make it overpowered.

Oh yeah and camo would be ideal for these over mountain packs. Could do the same thing with the hunting packs too.

Edited by Deathlove

Aww that blows. See this is why you need to be able to craft a strap for an extra weapon or at least be able to fit one in a mountain pack or make a damn military pack that can carry an extra gun.

It was never intended that a player would/should be able to have two main weapons. I doubt you'll get any concession on this until we get tents or other persistant off-character storage.

It was never intended that a player would/should be able to have two main weapons. I doubt you'll get any concession on this until we get tents or other persistant off-character storage.

Im cool with that. Tents or some kind of weapons storage would be cool too if they decide to put it in.