Sign in to follow this  
chow

WTF!

So what is it with this game? Noobie started 'bout a week ago and my interactions with other players intentions have been...dubious at best. First guy kept running into me as I was reading a sign, obviously trying to get my attention but not responding to communications. Having no loot but my trusty green shirt I followed to where he pointed out a axe on the ground for me to have. I took the axe, thanked him, but had my own agenda and left. Followed me for a bit but then stoppped. Now I'm thinking I just walked away from an ambush.

Second I was at a construction site where I found some good loots when I realized someone there. He started running towards me with his fists up when I took out my axe. He stopped and made the single most important judgement call that day by leaving.

Third was at Rify where I had acquired a bunch of good lewts was just missing ammo. As I was searching about I noticed someone looking at me. Still no communication so I think maybe i need to make sure I know how to properly communicate. i waved he waved and I went about in my search when I noticed him slightly crouched pointing what I thought was a broomstick at me. Shot in the face the second I realized thats no broom..

So now I spent a couple hours regearing and being very cautious. Finally got my M4 with about 60 rounds of ammo and enough gear to survive for a while. These interactions have sculpted what I consider to be important and primary objectives in this game. I learned alot of hard lessons and a better understanding of a more proper survival strategy, not to mention a little Russian.

Bottom line is I love it and can't stop playing. Time to go back to my little spot and teach a new crop of noobies some life saving "lessons". But if you're geared, make no mistake, I bite back.

tG9Faan.gif

• Like 5

nice story for read :beans:

first few hours are best few hours ;)

enjoy

Nice story... and probably pretty similar to most others.  Some folks are helpful by nature and will be that way in game.  Some people take advantage of others in life and do so in game.  I prefer to be helpful.  Unfortunately on my current and most successful run in a long time, any newspawn I've come across was at a time when I had nothing to share or help with and was "starving". 

Never crossed my mind to kill someone for food though.  Kept thinking to myself that I'd find something in the next few houses I'd ransack.  I was right.  I'm now in a position to share or help out someone I meet.