Sign in to follow this  
koNtenT

Experimental Patch Stuffed = Throw up

Please change this, can't run anywhere while stuffed without throwing up. Its the first shade of "stuffed". I died because in the middle of an axe battle I was throwing up. Regardless, this needs to be fixed where being "stuffed" on the light green shade has no chance of throwing up. I've thrown up EVERY time. 

• Like 1

you need to get the status bars "hydrated" and "energized" to a light green level to regenerate health. just be careful how much you drink and eat. there is no need to fix it.

• Like 9

Thing is, you never know when stuffed is going to come up, logic guys..

• Like 2

I died because in the middle of an axe battle I was throwing up.

I can't express how hilarious that must've looked.

• Like 3

Okay, so my character was throwing up. I couldn't tell what the fuck he was doing because in first person it looked like my guy started staring at the grass for some reason. Maybe it's a combination of intense running + being stuffed?

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

Do you need God to take away your bodies ability to throw up in real life when you eat to much? Didn't think so learn to control your intake you dude bro glutton. Now having said that I think the stomach is a little buggy from changes and hopefully they will fix it up same thing with status not updating proper.

Edited by KaserinSmarte67

If you stop eating/drinking as soon as you see the "I am full" message, you shouldn't throw up. However if you keep eating after that well...

I hereby declare throwing up during fist/axefights a feature !

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 3

Do you need God to take away your bodies ability to throw up in real life when you eat to much? Didn't think so learn to control your intake you dude bro glutton. Now having said that I think the stomach is a little buggy from changes and hopefully they will fix it up same thing with status not updating proper.

Stupid comparison. In real life, you know when to stop eating, whereas in DayZ the 'stuffed' notifier was supposed to be the ingame mechanism for doing that. Now, (apparently) there's nothing, you just randomly start throwing up after eating and drinking quite a bit. Tell me who that happens to. Are we simulating people with gastrointestinal disorders?

Edited by wartzilla
  • Like 1

Stupid comparison. In real life, you know when to stop eating, whereas in DayZ the 'stuffed' notifier was supposed to be the ingame mechanism for doing that. Now, (apparently) there's nothing, you just randomly start throwing up after eating and drinking quite a bit. Tell me who that happens to. Are we simulating people with gastrointestinal disorders?

Actually he said "can't run anywhere while stuffed" so it's rather similar to how our bodies work in real life. When you stuff yourself, do you usually go for a sprint right after? Start swinging your axe around? Go for a swim? No, you sit on your ass and let that food digest a bit first. I'm guessing if he sat down in-game and gave his stomach a minute to settle before jumping up and sprinting off to have an axe fight, he might not have puked it all up.

stop stuffing yourself and then running. obviously

/thread

• Like 1

you need to get the status bars "hydrated" and "energized" to a light green level to regenerate health. just be careful how much you drink and eat. there is no need to fix it.

Actually there is,

The reason it needs fixing is because it's unintuitive. This game uses messages and status bars to let you know how you feel. Any other message in the game works in a gradual way. Without any warning such as "I've eaten enough", it becomes a matter of guessing how much to eat. In real life you can also gradually tell if you have had enough, because you most certainly don't just puke out of nowhere. So it isn't logical to break from the pattern of providing enough feedback.

• Like 1

I think the answer at the moment, is simply to eat and drink when you think you're safe.  If you eat/drink until stuffed, you will need to pause for the minute or two it takes for the stuffed status to go away.  Ultimately, I'd like the the hydrated/energized colors become gas tank type meters.  In reality people can realize in rough degrees how hungry/thirsty they are.  This way you can fill up to being close to full.

We have to change our behavior as the alpha progresses.  I know I'm currently used to running up to the well/pump and spamming "Drink" until I'm stuffed.  Why not after all.  I do it as quickly as possible because there is no consequences to deter me, and if I don't there is a possibility that I'll be attacked.  Time to be more cautious about it.  I like it.

• Like 1

Every time you run past a well smash in ten to fifteen clicks. That will keep you golden. It is roughly 35-40 to get to i am stuffed if you have been thirsty for a while.

My partner and i mucked around with this last night and drank until we both vomited..no matter how much we drank after the initial vomit we did not spew again, despite messages spamming saying 'i am going to vomit' We then ran  from bere to near Krasno but still no more vomit. 

Animation looks good :D

Of course, in real life, we have a decent idea of how much food and water is filling, as opposed to "stuffing," and most of us know when we're eating too much. Eating so much that you're likely to throw up is rather hard to do accidentally.

^This.

Just don't 'stuff' yourself and you should be fine. 'Stuffed' means that you've eaten too much, not the right amount.

why would you stuff yourself? just get to energized lol

Yeah it's hard to "wait for the stuffed message to go away" when I've been stuffed for three hours...

I've just been eating and drinking whenever the "energized" or "hydrated" icon goes away in hopes that I don't pass the allotted "stuffed" meter and throw up. No way of knowing when I'll pass the limit. Here is what I've been seeing for three hours:

dayz_zps79b7fee4.png

Edited by omgwtfbbq

lol..i hear ya. Once you are stuffed ..you are eternally stuffed it seems.

Thing is, you never know when stuffed is going to come up, logic guys..

Christ! You can see the 'Energised' and the 'Hydrated' icons, yes? These are telling you to stop now, or you'll be sorry. If you keep eating and drinking until you're stuffed under the new system, then stop doing it.

These bars never show up for me wth?  I see the word Thirsty or Hungry and the words will be colored but no bars.  But those are the only two I have ever seen.  What am I missing?

After the first few times of doing this i learnt, the system has changed learn and adapt.

when you get used to it it's easy and better as atleast now we know when we are fully hydrated and energised, before was just a spam food and water carefree.

New system is  :beans: