thebluefish92

Helicopter crash sites

Guys, dont resave the file after you have added spawns using .jpg. jpg compresses the image and sharpness is lost. You can already see artifacting and the map will be useless in 3-4 edits. Someone should remake one in .png format so that it wont compress the image and ruin quality.

I only save it in .png. Was thinking about getting a fresh hi-res map and adding all the currents markers so it isn't an eyesore.

Also, Imgur uploads all images into .jpg so I need to find a upload site that will keep it as .png

I started working on a new one, using a larger and more detailed map that labeled all roadways and such. But when almost done I realised i had cropped out a large portion of the map. It was very tedious so it will be a while before I try it again.

good thread. gotta bump it :)

Yes, just what this mod needs. A new map that twits can use to server hop the most valuable loot spawns of them all. :rolleyes:

I personally think these things are too common ATM and some of the things that spawn there are a bit overpowered and out-of-place. The L85 AWS especially.

I've found the same heli as BroWn3R1, looted a bizon and Fal. Then hung out and sniped several people who wandered into it. Also found one N of the northern most industral spawn at the airfield, NE past the trees from the same location, directly W of Stary Sobor, NW of Starry Sobor, just N of the pond E from Kabanino, NW from Vyshnoye, and a few others that I wasn't sure of the location.

I've heard that the potential locations are randomized between servers, although there is a likelihood that certain locations are the same on some servers. I also think that each new version changes which ones are available to each server when the mission file is updated. Or at least that's what I've heard.

We're not missing them because no one has given detailed locations or put the dot themselves. That is what this trhead is for. To add more known locations for heli hunters.